Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Why Mel Gibson is rejected while Polanski and Woody Allen gets a pass?

You see celebrities rejecting to work with Mel Gibson (even those morons from crappy hangover 2 did not want him in their film), boycotting him because he said stupid racial and gay slurs and other stupid things, had a DUI and was violented toward her woman...

On the other hand, you see people like David Lynch, Almodovar, Natalie Portman, Johnny Depp, Martin Scorcese and Tilda Switon signing petitions on behalf of Roman Polanski. Several actors eager to work with him. He gets Oscars and Standing ovations... They all don't care that he raped and sodomized a 13 old girl...

Woody Allen... Same thing. Married his stepdaughter (raised as his adoptive daughter) and allegedly abused his stepdaugher Dylan Farrow when she was only 7 years old.

Now, anyone can see that Polanski and Allen did much worse things than Mel Gibson.

Why the different criteria? Why do they get a pass? I get that they make wonderful movies, but Mel Gibson also is a great actor and talented director....

Why the double standard?

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: Why Mel Gibson is rejected while Polanski and Woody Allen gets a pass?

It probably comes down to the fact that Jews run Hollywood and a difference in personalities. People recognize that what Allen and Polanski did was wrong, but they're generally docile dudes who are easier to be around. Gibson is hot-headed, mercurial and could snap at any instant. That may have something to do with how eager others are to work with them.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Why Mel Gibson is rejected while Polanski and Woody Allen gets a pass?

i think they are all rejected. Woody Allen is a sexual predator, Polanksi is too, but being an anti semite in an industry that is 99% jewish run is gonna get you black listed.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i think they are all rejected. Woody Allen is a sexual predator, Polanksi is too, but being an anti semite in an industry that is 99% jewish run is gonna get you black listed.
    pretty much this

because life is not fair.

I like Mel. He and like Harrison Ford are a little far on the alpha/psychopath scale, but I think that's cool. Those guys need some shit. I'd much rather see a slightly psychopathic alpha male than some guy, like you said, who is a sexual predator.

Hollywood needs more strong personalities. Of course so does bball. A lot of people get pissed about that, but I don't care.

I prefer working w/ strong personalities because I know they aren't gonna get all emo when shit doesn't go their way.

But yea... lol dude sodomizing a child, that's ****ed up. Especially cuz he drugged her and raped her. Nobody is that much of a genius.

I got DA GIFT for spotting geniuses, and he ain't it. He's seems intelligent, but he's also an actor. (as in his life is a lie.) Woody Allen, tho, the argument could be made that he is a genius.

-Smak

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Certain people get a pass. It's just like Alec Baldwin gets a pass when he yells gay slurs, but someone else like that southern cooking lady says the "n" word years ago gets destroyed. Hollywood is a disgusting place. It depends on which circles you run with.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I got DA GIFT for spotting geniuses, and he ain't it.
    Elaborate.

How did you come to determine Polanski isn't a genius? And, what does Polanski or Allen being a genius have to do with the topic? Both are highly praised for their work and have been considered "creative geniuses" at some point.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

pretty much

Very good NBA starter

cuz hollywood is run and financed by the group that gibson insulted the most.

but child rapists? the hollywood execs do that while snorting pounds of cocaine every weekend anyway, so it's cool.

yup, stereotypes are off the charts in this thread.

Banned

Woody Allen is a goddamn genius that's why.

Polanski is pretty good but not on the same level of all time great genius. I personally don't give him a pass.

Perfectly stated

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Mel Gibson is a hateful person. It's hard to embrace and stand behind people that are filled with hate.

I am not sure Polanski and Allen are fully embraced either. They have some people in their corner, but so does Mel Gibson.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Polanski is pretty good but not on the same level of all time great genius. I personally don't give him a pass.
    Knife in the Water
    Repulsion
    Rosemary's Baby
    Chinatown

Polanski's a notch above "pretty good". If you don't want to call him great, you have to at least call him "very damn good".

Cause the people Gibson insulted run Hollywood. In a fair world, Polonski woulda been killed by Aryan Brotherhood long time ago and Allen would be facing time