Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    So I've tried playing a 2h warrior and a mage, tonight i think i might make a dual wielding ranger\assassin type using stealth bow shots to weaken then hacking them down. Any tips for that type of play style? Thinking either a wood elf or dark elf.
    Achery is the way to go, at higher levels I one shot boss mobs in dungeons, one shot Dragons before they even hit the ground. You name it I can kill it with one single arrow.

My gear set-up:
    Bow - Glass (legendary), base dmg 144. Has soul trap and 20 shock/10 magika dmg.
    Right hand - Blade of Woe (legendary), base dmg 50. Abosrb 10 points health.
    Left hand - Glass Dagger (legendary), base dmg 45. 5sec paralyze, 30 points magika dmg.
    Helm - Dragonscale (legendary), armor rating 64. 32% bow dmg, 32% lockpick.
    Chest - Dragonscale (legendary), armor rating 143. 50 points health, 25% faster stam regen.
    Hands - Drangonscale (legendary), armor rating 56. 32% bow dmg, 32% 1-hand dmg.
    Boots(only part needing upgrade atm) - Dragonscale (legendary) - amor rating 56. 12% fire resist.
    Ring - 50 points health, 32% bow dmg.
    Neck - The Gauldur Amulet 50 points health/stam/magika.

CRAZY bow dmg with that set-up.
    Key to monster numbers is 100 enchanting and smithing obviously plus a set of smithing gear(neck, ring, gloves, chest) for upgrading.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Achery is the way to go, at higher levels I one shot boss mobs in dungeons, one shot Dragons before they even hit the ground. You name it I can kill it with one single arrow.

My gear set-up:
    Bow - Glass (legendary), base dmg 144. Has soul trap and 20 shock/10 magika dmg.
    Right hand - Blade of Woe (legendary), base dmg 50. Abosrb 10 points health.
    Left hand - Glass Dagger (legendary), base dmg 45. 5sec paralyze, 30 points magika dmg.
    Helm - Dragonscale (legendary), armor rating 64. 32% bow dmg, 32% lockpick.
    Chest - Dragonscale (legendary), armor rating 143. 50 points health, 25% faster stam regen.
    Hands - Drangonscale (legendary), armor rating 56. 32% bow dmg, 32% 1-hand dmg.
    Boots(only part needing upgrade atm) - Dragonscale (legendary) - amor rating 56. 12% fire resist.
    Ring - 50 points health, 32% bow dmg.
    Neck - The Gauldur Amulet 50 points health/stam/magika.

CRAZY bow dmg with that set-up.
    Key to monster numbers is 100 enchanting and smithing obviously plus a set of smithing gear(neck, ring, gloves, chest) for upgrading.
    Gear sounds great but not for a mixed Rogue like me who likes melee ambushes too. I saw the 1 handed damage.... but my gear gives me things like 30 percent better chance pickpocket on boots etc. Where did you get bow? I don't wanna have to level up smithing ;x. Is it hard to become a smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    Are there any perks to joining the stormcloaks or imperials? I'm still trying to decide which route to go.
    I'm about to join Stormcloaks finally. I was there in Windhelm for other business.. figure I'll join. I don't think it's a huge deal in the main plot. I'm going Stormcloaks because it was the Imperial pigs who tried to execute me for no reason in the beginning. Plus the guards are douches. I bet if I joined the guard (I got a quest for it) I'd get away with crimes though lol.

I've spent 3500+ gold just to get it to 70. Can't stop now lol.

I'm bored of Rogue for now. He's level 24. I'm gonna make a Destruction/Illusion Mage now.

Got my conjuration up to 100 last night. Kind of regret it because the game is so trivial with two dremora lords running around raping face. Had to turn up the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm about to join Stormcloaks finally. I was there in Windhelm for other business.. figure I'll join. I don't think it's a huge deal in the main plot. I'm going Stormcloaks because it was the Imperial pigs who tried to execute me for no reason in the beginning. Plus the guards are douches. I bet if I joined the guard (I got a quest for it) I'd get away with crimes though lol.
    It's actually pretty much the second main plot.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It's actually pretty much the second main plot.
    Are there any perks that go along with that..

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I enjoy slaughtering those Elf officials walking around rounding up people believing in Talos. I love the line "You got me. I believe in Talos." Skyrim should have more dialogue options that are sarcastic/witty.

Got my enchanting and blacksmithing up to 70 but now im starting to run out of soul gems.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Got my enchanting and blacksmithing up to 70 but now im starting to run out of soul gems.
    I would like to enchant but I don't understand it, would you be so kind to break it down for me.
    will rep, or give compliments

I would like to enchant but I don't understand it, would you be so kind to break it down for me.
    will rep, or give compliments

First you start with an enchanted (aka magical) item, bring it to an enchanters table and "disenchant" it. This will destroy the item but you will then learn the enchantment and be able to apply it to other items.

So now that you know an enchantment, go back to the enchanters table again. This time select an item that is not enchanted (I use the iron daggers that i make blacksmithing), a soul gem, and an enchantment from the enchanters table menu and then just press create. The item will become enchanted and you will level up your enchanting skill. You will skill up extremely fast, even at level 80 enchanting I still get a skill up every 3 times I enchant an item.

BTW, regular iron daggers sell to vendors for a few gold, enchanted iron daggers sell to vendors for several hundred gold. When I put a turn undead enchantment on a dagger I can get like 300 gold for each one. You can make a huge pile of cash levelling up enchanting and blacksmithing.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 11-18-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    First you start with an enchanted (aka magical) item, bring it to an enchanters table and "disenchant" it. This will destroy the item but you will then learn the enchantment and be able to apply it to other items.

So now that you know an enchantment, go back to the enchanters table again. This time select an item that is not enchanted (I use the iron daggers that i make blacksmithing), a soul gem, and an enchantment from the enchanters table menu and then just press create. The item will become enchanted and you will level up your enchanting skill. You will skill up extremely fast, even at level 80 enchanting I still get a skill up every 3 times I enchant an item.

BTW, regular iron daggers sell to vendors for a few gold, enchanted iron daggers sell to vendors for several hundred gold. When I put a turn undead enchantment on a dagger I can get like 300 gold for each one. You can make a huge pile of cash levelling up enchanting and blacksmithing.
    That's where I was having a problem.. I was looking for enchantment tomes. I am a blacksmith too (just made some sick orcish armor with the blacksmith potion). I will look into the dagger for 300 deal, only problem I see is that I have already tapped out most of the markets and merchants.. Do they replenish their money after so often?

And as promised you are handsome, a gentleman and a scholar.

That's where I was having a problem.. I was looking for enchantment tomes. I am a blacksmith too (just made some sick orcish armor with the blacksmith potion). I will look into the dagger for 300 deal, only problem I see is that I have already tapped out most of the markets and merchants.. Do they replenish their money after so often?

And as promised you are handsome, a gentleman and a scholar.

I think the merchants refill their money and supplies every two days. After I clean out the two blacksmith merchants in whiterun I usually just walk next door to my house and sleep for two days, come back and clean them out again. I think this also means I am getting the rested bonus every time I am skilling up blacksmithing.

Just blew a chunk of my enchanting money on the 25k house in Solitude. Now I gotta transfer over all my crap thats stored at the mage college and in white run.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 11-19-2011 at 04:37 AM.

i mistakebly tried to see if just one code for Oblivion worked for Skyrim to........ just to try.... and now im FILTHY RICH....

damn... all those oblivion codes work on Skyrim... i really didnt wanted to because the game is so much more fun and gives a more realistic experience having to do various awesome work for your money and powers and so on....... **** to late now.... i cant start over as im to far in the game...

is there some way to get rid of all that money... some code maybe?
    Last edited by pauk; 11-19-2011 at 12:43 PM.