Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #16
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Default Re: My theory on Chris Bosh

I'll send a conditional first rounder for Lima
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #17
jaydacris
BTE One Hit Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Rudy Gay was late for a shootaround recently. LOCKER ROOM CANCER!!! Memphis needs to get rid of him before his horrendous attitude infects the rest of his hard working teammates and tears down that team from the inside without any hope of recovery!!!

PS. Trade him to the Raptors.

Calderon, Bargnani, Kapono

for

Gay, Conley, Jaric w/ Adriana Lima, Warrick

Conley/Roko/Jaric
Parker/Jaric
Gay/Graham
Bosh/Warrick
O'Neal/Humphries

calderon/lowry
mayo/crittenton
ross/kapono
bargnani/d.arthur
gasol/darko

not too bad actually
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #18
RapsFan
Great college starter

Or we just draft Rudy Gay given our glaring hole at SF instead of Bargs.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

Personally, I cannot watch the Blazers. I mean, I watch them but everytime I do I just look at Brandon Roy and Aldridge I just think to myself, "we could've had Aldridge or Roy." Hell, we could've traded down and gotten BOTH of them...

My goodness, that would be some kind of team.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #20
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Personally, I cannot watch the Blazers. I mean, I watch them but everytime I do I just look at Brandon Roy and Aldridge I just think to myself, "we could've had Aldridge or Roy." Hell, we could've traded down and gotten BOTH of them...

My goodness, that would be some kind of team.

There was noone willing to trade up to #1 overall, because there was no #1 prospect. Colangelo was kind of in a no win situation in that regard, there seemed to be no "superstar" at the #1 slot, so he went with the highest ceiling guy, which obviously proved to be an error.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
There was noone willing to trade up to #1 overall, because there was no #1 prospect. Colangelo was kind of in a no win situation in that regard, there seemed to be no "superstar" at the #1 slot, so he went with the highest ceiling guy, which obviously proved to be an error.
Are you serious? BC was on the phones all day... Teams were offering him 2 for 1 deals to assure that they got the player that they wanted... I don't remember all the details but there were definitely offers.

Quote:
Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo likes Italian forward Andrea Bargnani, and if they hold onto the top pick it appears likely they will select him. But with the Raptors top two players Chris Bosh and Charlie Villanueva also natural power forwards, the choice creates a bit of a log jam. The team is also very fond of point guard Marcus Williams. If the right deal comes along to add another talented player to the mix, look for the Raptors to deal the pick and move down a few spots. It's possible the Raptors could add value and move down to 4 and still get their man (Bargnani).

Colangelo could even look to pull a Bill Walsh and trade down multiple times. He could roll the dice and trade down to 4 hoping to grab Bargnani. If Bargnani isn't there he could trade down again to the 7-8 range targeting Marcus Williams or Brandon Roy. But the value of first rounders is severely decreased with lottery protections, which are the type of picks teams will likely be willing to give up, making getting value for the pick more difficult.

There's a good chance the Portland Trailblazers or another team will trade up to the number one spot and select Adam Morrison. Sitting at the 4th position, Portland fears another team will make a move with a top 3 team (Charlotte perhaps) to grab Morrison in front of them. Portland could offer Jarrett Jack and an additional first rounder to move up.

Charlotte, who could take Morrison themselves but prefers Rudy Gay is one team looking to trade down if the right deal presents itself. Just like Houston, Charlotte would trade their pick if the right deal for a veteran 2-guard were to present itself.

Atlanta is another team looking to move into the top position. They would like to add a bigman, but sitting at 5, one of the bigmen, possibly Lamarcus Aldridge could slip to them. Atlanta could also target Shelden Williams by moving down a few spots. Williams has impressed in workouts and will likely land in the 7-11 range. The Hawks could look to add a point guard such as Dooling or Arroyo and/or picks by trading down and pick up WIlliams a few spots down from where they currently select at 5.

Seattle could be another option to move up to 5 as they reportedly love local kid Brandon Roy, and they know they will have to trade up to get him. The Hawks would love to pry Luke Ridnour away from Seattle, but it's unlikely they would include him in this type of deal.

We definitely could've had a combination of players that would far exceed Bargnani's star potential. I wasn't sold on Bargnani back then either and a lot of the Toronto fanbase questioned the pick.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #22
Tool
Ball til I fall

Sounds to me like fans around here are just too impatient to wait for results. It seems everyone wants to just trade the future (Bargnani, Calderon) to win now with Bosh and O'neal. So other than the Boston Celtics what teams have just traded for allstar talent to "win now"? Last time I checked the top teams in the league that kill the Raps every year have had cores for many seasons. So while all other NBA teams are getting better Colangelo is trying to build for the future while trying to fill holes every year i.e Ford for O'neal. Like I said we're not a win not team and its clear as ice to me. Colangelo doesn't have anything to trade for all-star talent anyways, so once these "bandaids" expire like the Moons and Grahams he has cap space to work with. Thats unless he can find any takers for these scrubs.

With the play of Joey showing improvements just makes his value go up, so it can't be a bad thing, but its still not going to be high enough to get us a key core piece.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #23
bokes15
Playoffs!

Bottom Line: Our present and future is Chris Bosh... I don't want to think of this team with Bargnani as our core center piece. So, in order to ensure that Bosh wants to stick it out in 2010, we need to be a competitive team and not just a middle of the pack one and done team that we've been for the past 3 years.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Bottom Line: Our present and future is Chris Bosh... I don't want to think of this team with Bargnani as our core center piece. So, in order to ensure that Bosh wants to stick it out in 2010, we need to be a competitive team and not just a middle of the pack one and done team that we've been for the past 3 years.

yup we all agree /thread
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: