Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 10-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default One Concern I Have Going Into The Season

I know its just preseason but i noticed that the Cavs seem to have trouble closing out close games. They didn't win a single game that was decided by 5 points or less.

Im not sure if its that the starters weren't putting much into preseason, or that we don't have enough clutch players, but it was just something i noticed. Anyone else see any of the games/have an opinion on it?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
bruzzes
I brick open layups

Practically none of the starters were in.

I wouldn't worry about it.

When we need to close, just call superman!!!
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

To bump this thread back up from October, my #1 concern that i had before the season is still haunting us. We just CAN'T close out games at all. Thank god we had such a big lead over the Grizzlies last night or they would've completed their comeback and beat us. I don't know what it is but in the 4th quarter we just fall apart
Old 11-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
To bump this thread back up from October, my #1 concern that i had before the season is still haunting us. We just CAN'T close out games at all. Thank god we had such a big lead over the Grizzlies last night or they would've completed their comeback and beat us. I don't know what it is but in the 4th quarter we just fall apart

Most people have disagreed with me, but I think unless we see something new from the rookies, this team is actually worse than last years. The Eastern Conference is so horrid this year that the Cavs and Orlando are capitalizing on it, but I think losing Flip Murray was a mistake, and I think the new 'motion' offense is a bigger mistake. Sasha has shown sparks, but he's still no flip murray.

Zydrunas looks lost in the new offense, and Drew Gooden's taking even more jumpers than last year (and that's a bad thing).

We've got a 7 foot near all-star center, and they just signed Gooden to a new 3 year deal. We've also got a bunch of guys like Marshall, Jones, Sasha, and Hughes who just love to huck three pointers all day long. So why do we never play a more traditional inside-outside game and take advantage of our strengths? Lebron is going to get his no matter what offense we run.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:17 PM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-I-N-G-O....losing Flip was the biggest blow to this team. Imagine having a healthy Hughes starting with Flip coming off the bench. How sick would that be?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: