Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

My best performance in a game (highschool) I had a game with 9 steals and 6 steals in one quarter.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

Benched for the first half.

Team down by 12/14, came in the second half, basically pressed their guard stole his lunch money like he was Jeremy Lin the one time and fast break our team offence to a comfortable win of about 8 points.

4 points and 8 assists and two steals.

Felt great, it was funny how quickly the other teams folded when they would get a jump shot up, miss and my team would run and score on easy layups....

Default Re: Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

two assists shy of a triple double

18 pts, 12 rebs and 8 assts. I spent the last two minutes trying to get the two assists and almost ended up costing us the game

My coach tore into me in the locker room in front of the rest of the team, but then after everyone left he came to me and said that he only did that so other players would stay humble when they have a good game and that he actually wanted me to get the triple double too

NBA Superstar

I don't know if it was my best, but my favorite performance was my 22 point, 12 rebound game early on in my junior year. Up to that point, I'd only once scored more than 13 points in a varsity game (18 a few games prior) and I sort of started to feel like I was never going to be a 20 point guy. I thought my brother was a better ballplayer than me yet he barely averaged 5 or 6 points per game, so I had my doubts.

Anyway, long story short, I played for what was seen as a mediocre basketball program at the time and the performance in question came against our rivals and eventual state semi-finalists. We went into their house and beat them by 13. It was our 5th win in a row and really put us on the map, so to earn my first 20 and 10 in the biggest game of my life up to that point was pretty freaking spectacular. It also led to Player of the Week honors in our regional paper and did wonders for my confidence. The game came a lot easier after that.

This was in street ball, it was like 12 rebounds, 12 points on 6-6 and 3 assists. I suck so much

I don't handle the ball much, I like to let people do that and me just play off ball.

My only great bball memories are from when I was a teenager. Lemme look way back...

I didn't played organized ball much, mostly streetball. A lot of my memories are of D.

I remember playing against this college bball player (a girl haha.) It was her friend who was a guy and her vs me and my friend. And I chased her down on the break and beat that shit off the backboard. She was super salty cuz I was like 14. Her friend was trolling her, too.

Just stuff like that, playing D on people to where they couldn't even dribble by me, blocking tall people, or guys jump shots. It feels great to block someone's jump shot... like a normally tall person, cuz I'm like Nate Robinson, generously and it's like BAW. Send that shit into the backcourt.

-Smak

in 8th grade. had 41 points on pretty solid shooting numbers even tho i was like 0-5 from 3pt. we played 6 minute quarters and the team we were playing (a tiny catholic school) was absolute trash. we won something like 70 to 35. the only reason i was able to put up those numbers was be cause in the 7th grade game right before ours, the 7th grade team from the catholic school was using players from a different school (obviously their best players) and managed to beat our 7th grade. ticked our coach off and he wanted us to run the score was pretty fun to keep chuckin tho.

Saw a basketball once

This thread seems like a good place to let everyone know about www.ZorPlay.com

Recently launched, its a website that lets you get rewarded just for playing pick-up basketball. Right now, you can set up, find, and play games with friends or anyone else.

We're working on adding more features including tracking stat lines from ANY game played. This way, even if you play your best ball in a random pick-up game with friends, you can still share it with other ballers across the nation, and eventually, the world.

For now, you can win huge prizes just by setting up your games through the site. Also, we have giveaways as part of our celebration for our launch. Todays giveaway are pairs of Nike Elite Socks. All you have to do is sign up at www.ZorPlay.com to enter. You can get more entries by liking on FB and following on Twitter. Check out the site (www.ZorPlay.com), and check out the giveaway here: http://bit.ly/11RfxkG

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2

18 pts, 12 rebs and 8 assts. I spent the last two minutes trying to get the two assists and almost ended up costing us the game

My coach tore into me in the locker room in front of the rest of the team, but then after everyone left he came to me and said that he only did that so other players would stay humble when they have a good game and that he actually wanted me to get the triple double too
    That's a heckuva high school performance. How many points did your team score? I know there's conferences out there that run and gun, then there's also teams like my little brother's, who averaged 43 points per game last year. Either way, having a direct hand on 34 points (not all through scoring) is fresh.

In fact, that statline is scary close to one my teammate had, who turned in 18, 10, and 9 in a double overtime victory (though no one scored in the first OT). How'd you and your coach know you were so close to the triple double though? We had no idea our guy was close until stats were taken from video. I'm guessing someone was tracking via computer during the game?

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2

Even Ricky Davis has the common decency to pad his stats after the game has been won, not try to do so during a close game. Think about that for a sec - you are more selfish than Ricky Davis. Let that sink in.

If you were my teammate I'd be f*cking pissed.

I had my career high on senior night in high school. I had missed some games with a knee injury and we got knocked out of the playoff hunt while I was hurt so my coach gave me the green light. I hit a few shots to start and then took like a 29 ft heatcheck on the break and drained it. After that I just had it going all night and ended up with 37.

Banned

20+ rebounds(forget the exact number) was my best game. I want to say 23 or 24.

I wasn't a scorer(my career high was like 8 and I never took shots unless I was COMPLETELY open or open layups/putbacks off offensive boards). I would go in there to hustle, get boards, and press/body people up to change the tempo of games. My team liked to do a Box And1 D where 4 guys played a zone and one guy(me a lot of the time) would shadow the other teams best offensive threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    That's a heckuva high school performance. How many points did your team score? I know there's conferences out there that run and gun, then there's also teams like my little brother's, who averaged 43 points per game last year. Either way, having a direct hand on 34 points (not all through scoring) is fresh.

In fact, that statline is scary close to one my teammate had, who turned in 18, 10, and 9 in a double overtime victory (though no one scored in the first OT). How'd you and your coach know you were so close to the triple double though? We had no idea our guy was close until stats were taken from video. I'm guessing someone was tracking via computer during the game?
    we had girls sit on our bench and take our stats. they played on the girls team so they knew how it worked. My coach actually didn't know, one of the bench players actually told me.

During the game they kept trapping me off of our off the ball screen action at the elbow (we ran a hybridized/simplified Princeton offense) so we basically had a guy open on the short corner for the majority of the game. I probably got more than half of my assists on just that one action alone. We weren't playing the brightest team I'll tell you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Even Ricky Davis has the common decency to pad his stats after the game has been won, not try to do so during a close game. Think about that for a sec - you are more selfish than Ricky Davis. Let that sink in.

If you were my teammate I'd be f*cking pissed.
    As you should be, but luckily you weren't my teammate.

My teammates actually laughed it off because we won. If we lost, well then this would probably not have been a worthy performance to share.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I once shot 100 % in a game

Went 1/1

in 3x3, ridiculous performance like 5/5 and 3/3 from 3 point line. with great penetration and asists. my mind was like in other dimension, i literaly saw only ball and bottom of the net.

remarkable feeling