Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Default Re: Kaman says David Stern "hates the Spurs"

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Your the only fool who thinks 99, 03, 05 and 07 were all rigged in that case. And I can say without holding back your a ****ing moron.

They've lost in the first round once in the Duncan era, and it took Manu Ginobili breaking his arm to accomplish to feat. That's how dominant we've been.

The reason they haven't won lately is because Duncan and Manu have been old for 4+ years now. Yet we are still competing for titles and have one of the top win percentages year in and year out.

It's been 5 years of losing in the play off's since then. The Sun's ended up sweeping them in 2010. But that is because Stern hates them right? And the proven rigged title they had was legit because they are small market? You sir are a homer ass clown.

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    It's been 5 years of losing in the play off's since then. The Sun's ended up sweeping them in 2010. But that is because Stern hates them right? And the proven rigged title they had was legit because they are small market? You sir are a homer ass clown.
    Yet we're always in the picture, because we are a quality franchise like we always have been. Keep talking sh*t. Proven rigged title. Yeah I guess the refs helped Golden State beat #1 seed Dallas and helped us sweep Lebron in the Finals too. You're a delusional, biased, worthless piece of shit poster.

You sure can make me laugh though boy.

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Dude, shut the **** up.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Yet we're always in the picture, because we are a quality franchise like we always have been. Keep talking sh*t. Proven rigged title. Yeah I guess the refs helped Golden State beat #1 seed Dallas and helped us sweep Lebron in the Finals too. You're a delusional, biased, worthless piece of shit poster.

You sure can make me laugh though boy.
    The Lebron Cavs. . Anyone with half a brain knew the Championship was decided in the Western Conference title game. Winner of that got to play the "Lebron Cavs". Either team would have kicked their ass. The East was the JV league.

Stern genuinely loved the Spurs for a few years. Be simple and think he really hated seeing them in the Finals.

Right now, I'm sure he doesn't want them anymore. But for most of this past decade, he loved them.

I could see a love/hate relationship. He'd love them because they show that a small market team can win and be quality, they usually keep their noses clean and don't cause major trouble. But then he could hate them because they're pretty boring to watch play for a lot of people, they don't market any "superstar" players like the other big teams and because of the small market, when they do play the big games there's not as many people interested in watching. All about the $ in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I could see a love/hate relationship. He'd love them because they show that a small market team can win and be quality, they usually keep their noses clean and don't cause major trouble. But then he could hate them because they're pretty boring to watch play for a lot of people, they don't market any "superstar" players like the other big teams and because of the small market, when they do play the big games there's not as many people interested in watching. All about the $ in the end.

It's mostly keeping their noses clean. Stern has always been worried about the image and protecting it, making sure the league is not seen as thugs.

Great college starter

Spurs fans getting trolled ugly. LOL
    Stern never loved the Spurs. LoL he is a businessman. He couldn't care less about the league image. He wants the league to make money. It's his image to pretend and to act like he cares when players do stupid shit. We are all smart here. Stern hates the Spurs being in the finals.
    And the dude with the Ewing Avy or Knicks Avy is a big time Spurs hater. That fool is in every Duncan thread bashing him. HorryMVP is a ****ing troll. I can't believe you guys even waste time dealing with that idiot.

You just went from ridiculous to troll in about 10 minutes. Way to go.

Keep on hatin.
    He keeps trolling you and you keep taking the bait

I think Stern, as a basketball fan, appreciates the Spurs as much as any of us does, but as a person responsible for the profitability of the league, and the advertising that he can charge for the NBA Finals, the Spurs are terrible, ESPECIALLY when they played grindout basketball with the Detroit Pistons. Plus, how can you sell the Spurs internationally? At least with superstar shooting guards you have Kobe, LeBron, now Durant, and in the past, Iverson, McGrady, Carter, but the Spurs? Oh yeah we all aspire to be like Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili.

I bet that as a business man, Stern would rather have a team like Rockets (Harden + Lin) make the Finals over the Spurs. Shame they'll never be able to rig it that badly lol.

I don't think Kaman meant to imply that he knows Stern hates the Spurs for real. I think like most of us here he is just saying that Spurs are not appreciated because they don't make as much money for the NBA.

3-time NBA All-Star

well, wheres the nba going stern. Looks like its losing while NFL and soccer which is more focused on teamball than iso ball are so much popular than NBA. Hell even NCAA is even more popular than basketball right now.

Stern doesn't hate the Spurs. If he hated the Spurs Amar'e would have played. There would have been literally zero outcry from that decision. Did he forget that day he hated them?

Kaman says a lot of stupid shit, i like how people give a Kaman qoute like it's writing a new bible or something. Yes some of what he said was 100% true. But it's Kaman.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Stern doesn't hate the Spurs. If he hated the Spurs Amar'e would have played. There would have been literally zero outcry from that decision. Did he forget that day he hated them?
    You do understand that many and most decisions/fines laid out aren't made solely by Stern. Right?

Only mental midgets think Stern makes all the decisions 100%.
    Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid; 01-27-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Good High School Starter

Stern hates the Hawks too man, we never get any calls in the playoffs and then there's his golden boys of the East, the Celtics, who are basically allowed to foul the living crap out of the Hawks when they play them which eventually causes Josh Smith to lose his temper and get double T'ed

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

You guys are all just speculating. If Stern had all this power and he hated the Spurs, why did they win all those titles? If he hates small markets because they bring in low ratings and less money, why did the whole cba revolve around leveling the playing field so small markets would be able to compete? Why haven't the Knicks won shit? they are in the biggest market.