Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Invite Officer Wilson to the White House

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/25/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Washington (CNN) -- Rep. Peter King, R-New York, said Tuesday that President Barack Obama should invite Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson to meet with him at the White House.

"I think it would be very helpful if President Obama went and met with the police officer, or at least invited him to the White House," King said on Fox Business Network.
    Will Obama go to Ferguson?
    Obama speaks as smoke fills the streets

"And say, 'you've gone through four months of smear and slander and the least we can do is tell you that it is unfortunate that it happened and thank you for doing your job.'"

Reflecting on Obama's speech last night, King said he thought the President's remarks were "lackluster."

"I wish he said one good word about the police -- one good word about Officer Wilson who had gone through all this," King said, noting that the controversy affected both the defense and the prosecution.

After the decision not to indict Wilson in the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown was announced Monday, King put out a statement calling for peace and condemning the national narrative surrounding the controversy. On Tuesday, he elaborated his position.

"I thought it was terrible what happened over the last four months where this narrative was put out by our national leaders and by many in the media presuming that the police officer was guilty," King said. "And I think if we are going to have peace, I think it's important for both sides to be honest here."

he's 100% right and why Republicans got my vote

Left pansies are the most politically correct sheep. whatever is mainstream thought they all follow the crowd, and few think realistically unto themselves.

anyways nice to see a politician actually keeping it real. theres definitely been a lack of support from national leaders for law enforcement in this country all playing into the black people guilt trips. fukk u Obama/Holder, agenda driven racist bitches

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Default Re: Invite Officer Wilson to the White House

The fact that Obama chose to assert himself in this case (like the Trayvon Martin one before it) does not sit well with me and will make me think twice before voting for another African American Presidential candidate.

I know that he is pandering to his base but the POTUS is the President for the whole nation not select demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip
    The fact that Obama chose to assert himself in this case (like the Trayvon Martin one before it) does not sit well with me and will make me think twice before voting for another African American Presidential candidate.

I know that he is pandering to his base but the POTUS is the President for the whole nation not select demographics.
    So what one black president does affects whether you vote for a different one on the idea that the black president inserted himself in a racial issue and you feel that is wrong? Ironic, no?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    So what one black president does affects whether you vote for a different one on the idea that the black president inserted himself in a racial issue and you feel that is wrong? Ironic, no?
    Black people in power are racially dividing the country.

Think about it:

Al Sharpton
    Jesse Jackson
    Eric Holder
    Barack Obama

Those are the faces of Black Leadership you only see on Television, and they all happen to stick their nose where it doesn't belong. Jackson and Sharpton are just piece of shit race hustlers, but Holder and Obama are leaders of this country, and they go on National Television and say shit like, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon".

There are very few Black Republicans, but I would vote for a Black Republican. Maybe it's a Liberal thing, but you cannot have the President making this a race issue and siding with poor blacks. He should be the shining example of how you can be a pot smoker your whole life as a youth, and then become a President.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Think about it:

Al Sharpton
    Jesse Jackson
    Eric Holder
    Barack Obama

Those are the faces of Black Leadership you only see on Television, and they all happen to stick their nose where it doesn't belong. Jackson and Sharpton are just piece of shit race hustlers, but Holder and Obama are leaders of this country, and they go on National Television and say shit like, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon".

There are very few Black Republicans, but I would vote for a Black Republican. Maybe it's a Liberal thing, but you cannot have the President making this a race issue and siding with poor blacks. He should be the shining example of how you can be a pot smoker your whole life as a youth, and then become a President.
    Beautifully explained.

Banned

But thats the only reason Obama got elected over McCain.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

I would not rule out voting for a black candidate entirely but I am very disappointed how Obama and my Mayor Kevin Johnson (both of whom I voted for) have chosen to throw their 2 cents in to a situation that had nothing to do with them and predictably they have done so according to their racial bias.

When you are in a position of leadership you are responsible for leading ALL, those who voted for you and those that didn't, those of your race and ALL other races. IMO in terms of race relations Obama has proven himself to be homer.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/25/politi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Washington (CNN) -- Rep. Peter King, R-New York, said Tuesday that President Barack Obama should invite Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson to meet with him at the White House.

"I think it would be very helpful if President Obama went and met with the police officer, or at least invited him to the White House," King said on Fox Business Network.
    Will Obama go to Ferguson?
    Obama speaks as smoke fills the streets

"And say, 'you've gone through four months of smear and slander and the least we can do is tell you that it is unfortunate that it happened and thank you for doing your job.'"

Reflecting on Obama's speech last night, King said he thought the President's remarks were "lackluster."

"I wish he said one good word about the police -- one good word about Officer Wilson who had gone through all this," King said, noting that the controversy affected both the defense and the prosecution.

After the decision not to indict Wilson in the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown was announced Monday, King put out a statement calling for peace and condemning the national narrative surrounding the controversy. On Tuesday, he elaborated his position.

"I thought it was terrible what happened over the last four months where this narrative was put out by our national leaders and by many in the media presuming that the police officer was guilty," King said. "And I think if we are going to have peace, I think it's important for both sides to be honest here."

he's 100% right and why Republicans got my vote

Left pansies are the most politically correct sheep. whatever is mainstream thought they all follow the crowd, and few think realistically unto themselves.

anyways nice to see a politician actually keeping it real. theres definitely been a lack of support from national leaders for law enforcement in this country all playing into the black people guilt trips. fukk u Obama/Holder, agenda driven racist bitches
    not defending wilson because i wasn't there and do NOT have the facts, but, injustices happen everyday to people of all races and color - and when they do, most of us do not take out our anger on innocent bystanders. the ones that do are no better than those who wrong them. be a GOOD example of your people, whoever they are....

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing

Think about it:

Al Sharpton
    Jesse Jackson
    Eric Holder
    Barack Obama

fair point. all the people including obama and sharpton and anyone else that says an "injustice has been done" are causing more problems than helping.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip

Yeah pretty much.

I fully expect the next president to be a republican because of how Obama inserts himself into debates like these.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    But thats the only reason Obama got elected over McCain.
    Obama won because Republican turn everything they touch into shit.

Right-wingers epitomize decisive politics.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Yeah pretty much.

I fully expect the next president to be a republican because of how Obama inserts himself into debates like these.
    Hillary via and way she wants.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    Obama won because Republican turn everything they touch into shit.

Right-wingers epitomize decisive politics.
    lol and Obama is any better? He's Lloyd Blankfein's personal *** dumpster.

McCain the 7 year POW got hosed on account of being white and male but he actually lived the hard life whereas Obama was an affirmative action beneficiary and lived the life of luxury from Day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    lol and Obama is any better? He's Lloyd Blankfein's personal *** dumpster.

McCain the 7 year POW got hosed on account of being white and male but he actually lived the hard life whereas Obama was an affirmative action beneficiary and lived the life of luxury from Day 1.
    You couldn't be anymore wrong. McCain's father and grandfather were four-star admirals. He, like GWB, owes his entire career to nepotism.

The GOP is a shit party with a borderline evil ideology.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    Hillary via and way she wants.
    Yeah if Hillary is the dems main hope at maintaining control of the presidency.... they're f*cked.