Default Atlanta Hawks fans....what is Dennis Schroder worth to you?

How valuable is Dennis Schroder?

Would you consider trading him? And if so, who on the Bucks would you consider trading him for?

Default Re: Atlanta Hawks fans....what is Dennis Schroder worth to you?

Favorite player on the Hawks, would not move him for anything less than a king's ransom.

I think he's going to be a really, really good true PG in the league.

I will say this though, our management is totally up in the air right now. I want us to blow the team up and move Horford, Korver, and Millsap while their value is at their peak. However, I could see new management wanting to go into 'win now mode', in which case Schroder is pretty much our only valuable piece to move for talent. I could see us trading him for Sanders.

I would be furious if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Favorite player on the Hawks, would not move him for anything less than a king's ransom.

I will say this though, our management is totally up in the air right now. I want us to blow the team up and move Horford, Korver, and Millsap while their value is at their peak. However, I could see new management wanting to go into 'win now mode', in which case Schroder is pretty much our only valuable piece to move for talent. I could see us trading him for Sanders.

This is exactly what I was worried about

Oftentimes fans of teams get so infatuated with promising players on their team that they're oblivious to the same sentiments by fans of other teams with their young players. I knew Schroder was a promising young player but didn't know he was that valuable to the Hawks.

A package centered around Middleton (or Knight) and Sanders and whoever else for Schroder and whatever bad contract filler you guys have wouldn't be enough to get it done?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

I didn't realize he held so much value in the eyes of Hawks fans.

I've heard him being advertised as a Rondo-type with a 3 point shot. I think he's shown good instincts in PnR. Would you be opposed to trading Teague and promoting Schroeder to the starting gig? If you do that, do you think you'd go all-in for the rebuild and tank away?

If so, maybe you could package Millsap + Teague to HOU for the NOP pick + T. Jones + Capella + expiring contracts + 2nd rounders. Horford to Phoenix for the 2015 LAL pick + Goodwin+ Len? Might wanna hold onto Korver through the season because he'd help space the floor for the rest of the squad and he'll still have value over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    This is exactly what I was worried about

Oftentimes fans of teams get so infatuated with promising players on their team that they're oblivious to the same sentiments by fans of other teams with their young players. I knew Schroder was a promising young player but didn't know he was that valuable to the Hawks.

A package centered around Middleton (or Knight) and Sanders and whoever else for Schroder and whatever bad contract filler you guys have wouldn't be enough to get it done?
    Heh, I very well may be guilty of overrating him, he's literally our only young player worth being excited about.

Like I said, our management is completely in flux. Coach bud is technically in charge of the team, but I have no idea if ownership, (which is also completely in flux) would let him make trades.

I know the Kings coveted Schr

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    I didn't realize he held so much value in the eyes of Hawks fans.

I've heard him being advertised as a Rondo-type with a 3 point shot. I think he's shown good instincts in PnR. Would you be opposed to trading Teague and promoting Schroeder to the starting gig? If you do that, do you think you'd go all-in for the rebuild and tank away?

If so, maybe you could package Millsap + Teague to HOU for the NOP pick + T. Jones + Capella + expiring contracts + 2nd rounders. Horford to Phoenix for the 2015 LAL pick + Goodwin+ Len? Might wanna hold onto Korver through the season because he'd help space the floor for the rest of the squad and he'll still have value over the summer.
    If it's me running the Hawks I'd absolutely do that trade with Houston. I love Jones and I also want to blow this thing up. I'd also like to move Horford, maybe to the Hornets for Vonleh and a pick.

I would love to hand the keys to Schr

He's talented but very raw.
    Doesn't get enough pt.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this but thought it warranted being said - take a look at the league leaders in PER and see who's sitting there at 2nd?

NBA PER leaders

I know he's only playing 11mpg right now and he's not actually on Anthony Davis' tier, (or anywhere close) but I think it says something about how much potential he has.

Wait, what? You'd trade Larry sanders and knight for Schroeder?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

he's gonna blow up once he gets enough playing time