Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-04-2018, 04:01 AM   #1
SpaceJam
Our Lord & Savior

Default Drexler's view on the MJ/LeBron debates

Quote:
But you know, you've got to look at eras. Michael dominated his era. LeBron dominated his era. I'm one of those guys who don't like to compare eras. You just have to do what's in front of you. And look at LeBron's numbers, you look at Michael's numbers, they're very similar. LeBron, I think he made it to the finals with a couple of guys that we can't even remember. Michael had hall of famers playing with him. Think about that.

Valid point hmm, think about THAT.

EDIT. Thanks for the 5 stars fellas

Last edited by SpaceJam : 04-04-2018 at 04:26 AM.
SpaceJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:05 AM   #2
LAmbruh
Unplugged

Default Re: Drexler's view on the MJ/LeBron debates

Damn, add another one to the list

Lambier
Isiah
Pippen
Drextler

80's-90's Big timers slowly but surely seeping out, giving LBJ the GOAT seal of approval

crazy it's happening and Bran career isn't even closed case
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:09 AM   #3
SpaceJam
Our Lord & Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambruh

Lambier
Isiah
Pippen
Drextler

80's-90's Big timers slowly but surely seeping out, giving LBJ the GOAT seal of approval

INB4 someone claims Drexler as being salty, but turn around and cite the likes of Paul Pierce, Steph Jackson and Kenyon Martin
Old 04-04-2018, 04:11 AM   #4
1987_Lakers
7-time NBA All-Star

I swear, alot of these past hall of fame players are shit when it comes to actually evaluating players.

Bill Russell failed as a coach, Magic says dumb stuff all the time, Jordan is a failure of a GM, Shaq & Barkley don't provide much insightful stuff on TNT, Isiah Thomas was terrible in New York, and now you have Drexler making this underwhelming statement.

The only all-time greats I would want opinions on current players are Jerry West and Larry Bird, they proved to be successful head coaches and GMs.

Last edited by 1987_Lakers : 04-04-2018 at 04:15 AM.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:13 AM   #5
Gileraracer
The triggerer

Quote:
LeBron, I think he made it to the finals with a couple of guys that we can't even remember.

- Shaq
- Dwyane Wade
- Ben Wallace
- Ray Allen
- Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Love
- Deron Williams
- Derrick Rose
- Chris Bosh
- Jerry Stackhouse
- Baron Davis

Gileraracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:18 AM   #6
Uncle Drew
Young Drip King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gileraracer

- Shaq
- Dwyane Wade
- Ben Wallace
- Ray Allen
- Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Love
- Deron Williams
- Derrick Rose
- Chris Bosh
- Jerry Stackhouse
- Baron Davis

Holy shit, this has to be the dumbest list in the history of lists.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:20 AM   #7
SpaceJam
Our Lord & Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gileraracer
- Shaq
- Dwyane Wade
- Ben Wallace
- Ray Allen
- Kyrie Irving
- Kevin Love
- Deron Williams
- Derrick Rose
- Chris Bosh
- Jerry Stackhouse
- Baron Davis

Shaq and finals?
Ben Wallace and finals?
Derrick Rose and finals?
Baron Davis and playing with LeBron at all?

And I know you typed that thinking you really stumped Drexler huh, you were typing that like finally this is gonna get those pesky LeBron stans, I'mma get a few replies from the usual scrubs with some laughing smileys. Back to the drawing board my friend
Old 04-04-2018, 04:22 AM   #8
LAmbruh
Unplugged

That dude just said Baron Davis played with Lebron
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:33 AM   #9
Bankaii
Trust the process.

Stackhouse played 7 games with Lebron and dude listed him
Bankaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 04:44 AM   #10
Bawkish
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambruh

Lambier
Isiah
Pippen
Drextler

well what would you expect

most of them 90's superstars hated MJ for the rest of their life and you know why

he's savage to his peers
Bawkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:03 AM   #11
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Who would we not remember? Wade? Bosh? Kyrie? Love? All of them will make the Hall of Fame.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 05:39 AM   #12
SpaceJam
Our Lord & Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Who would we not remember? Wade? Bosh? Kyrie? Love? All of them will make the Hall of Fame.

He's obviously talking about that 07 team, but you must have forgotten that
Old 04-04-2018, 06:33 AM   #13
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
The only all-time greats I would want opinions on current players are Jerry West and Larry Bird, they proved to be successful head coaches and GMs.

Larry had Lebron as the equal of anyone to ever play in 2011 after that terrible finals. He had him tied as the GOAT before he even won. Here is Jerrys last extensive remarks:

Quote:
"When he gets on the court, this guy plays. I mean, he plays," West said. "He's committed. All great, great players -- and obviously he's one of the most unique players we've ever had because of his size and his skill set. He's one of the smartest players, if not the smartest player, I've ever seen in my life.

"His ability to find people on the court, his ability to make huge plays in games -- and they may not be offensive plays. It's like chasing down guys, blocking shots. How many people, if you watch him, a lot of people just focus on guys scoring. You have to watch them move on the court. You have to watch their anticipation. And if you watch him, you say to yourself: 'My God. He's like three steps ahead of everyone mentally.'"

That will help him as his body slows down and he tries to continue to exert his dominance.

"This is one of the truly great players we've ever seen in our lifetime," West continued. "In our lifetime.

"Now, the greatest of all time, to me, that's so subjective. But his body of work -- my God, you should see the numbers across the board that he puts up there and people say, 'Well, he didn't do this, he didn't do that.' Is he playing with four other guys at any given time when he's on the floor? Sometimes teams are just not as good of a team.

"And it's just so easy to be critical today. But I so admire him. I just want you to know, I so admire him, OK? I really do."

Losing isn't always shameful. James averaged 35.8 points, 13.3 rebounds and 8.8 assists in last year's Finals and ending up receiving four of the 11 votes for series MVP, which went to Andre Iguodala, who in part got credit from voters for not allowing James to do even more.

"I just think it shows the excellence in his play," West said of the split vote. "Everyone always says you have to be on the best team, the team that wins. Oh, no, no, no. I disagree with that. I've seen other people in playoff series that I thought were by far the most valuable player in the series over others, and it's become en vogue to give it to the winning team. Some guys lay their fannies out there every night -- they play the game at such a high level and they give so much that, frankly, they don't get credit for it. And I think it's tragic sometimes."

West got credit for being the best player on the court, despite his team losing, twice. In 1969, he became the first and only Finals MVP while playing on the losing team. Ten years prior, he won the most outstanding player of the Final Four, but his West Virginia lost to California in the title game by one point.

West's take on losing-team MVPs makes one wonder whether praising James is West's way of preserving what's good about his career without it being overshadowed by his heinous Finals record.

But that theory loses steam when looking at his history of backing James, starting with last year's Finals when he defended James after he made a controversial statement about being confident because he is "the best player in the world," and dating all the way back to 2009 when he declared that James was already a better player than Kobe Bryant.

"I said it because I'm honest, OK? And I love Kobe Bryant as a player, OK? I was a seminal part of his life," West said. "And for me to say that, honestly, I was being honest. That's how I felt, and I didn't realize it would make a commotion. It wasn't anything directed toward Kobe Bryant. It wasn't a shot at him -- nothing at all. I just felt that he had become that dominant with his play. And if you look at the team, he gets all of the blame. He gets all of the blame."

Eventually people are gonna have to accept that not everyone thinks the same and let shit go.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:34 AM   #14
Manny98
BBL Prospect

Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #15
Gileraracer
The triggerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJam