Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Why does Rudy Gobert get a pass for not developing his offensive game, but Simmon

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    COTM loved Clarkson and didn't allow Alec Burks to play that way. I'd take Burks any day. He's been good as soon as he got away from Utah
    if Gobert's WS doesn't go down in the playoff every single season, the Jazz wouldn't look this bad. same players, same minutes, same rotation, but with added pressure that's all.

that's a psychiatrists job, not a coach

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Why does Rudy Gobert get a pass for not developing his offensive game, but Simmon

could care less. He's a bum as far as I'm concerned. He's a gunner. He's got a low BB IQ. He doesn't defend. He can't shoot but shoots more than anyone. He's awful in the clutch and in final possessions. There's a reason he was a 6th man and not playing at the end of games his whole career. You're free to think what you like about him. I don't like him and never will. I don't like all players. Never have. Can't imagine anyone does!
    He’s a bum that you realize is a bum and neither the last coach nor this coach realizes it. You don’t think that’s odd? You don’t take qualified and much more informed opinions going directly against yours to suggest there may be reason to reconsider positions? Or are you the ultimate authority on how good jazz players are?

if it’s as simple as you think you know best that’s fine. That isn’t a position anyone can really do anything with. It just feels like you actually respect this new coach and he has come in and played Clarkson even more. It feels like that’s something that should make you think.

Genuinely doesn’t even occur to you to wonder why you can so easily tell he’s terrible but the people who evaluate him for a living and decide who plays and who doesn’t keep him on the court?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    He’s a bum that you realize is a bum and neither the last coach nor this coach realizes it. You don’t think that’s odd? You don’t take qualified and much more informed opinions going directly against yours to suggest there may be reason to reconsider positions? Or are you the ultimate authority on how good jazz players are?

if it’s as simple as you think you know best that’s fine. That isn’t a position anyone can really do anything with. It just feels like you actually respect this new coach and he has come in and played Clarkson even more. It feels like that’s something that should make you think.

Genuinely doesn’t even occur to you to wonder why you can so easily tell he’s terrible but the people who evaluate him for a living and decide who plays and who doesn’t keep him on the court?
    internet, where magic didn't happen

You put other guys around him that defend so he doesn't have to try and guard everyone by himself. You have another big that can protect the rim to some extent when he has to leave the paint. You put him with two other great players that will overwhelm them at the other end. A coach that will make adjustments couldn't hurt even if they weren't a great college player
    Your solution for Gobert to win is him being the 4th best player of the team? You finally came around and accepted the truth.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
    Your solution for Gobert to win is him being the 4th best player of the team? You finally came around and accepted the truth.
    guess I never understood why teams/players were always so nice towards Gobert. what is he gonna do, not pass you the ball?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    if Gobert's WS doesn't go down in the playoff every single season, the Jazz wouldn't look this bad. same players, same minutes, same rotation, but with added pressure that's all.

that's a psychiatrists job, not a coach
    Things stay the same you will likely lose. You make adjustments. Lue threw everything at the Jazz until he found something that worked. Malone went big on the Jazz. It was the difference.

that might be what it takes in a few seasons when he has declined. He's certainly still the best player on his current team

https://uproxx.com/wp-content/upload...4&h=436&crop=1

this clown loves Clarkson. Says it all!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

https://uproxx.com/wp-content/upload...4&h=436&crop=1

this clown loves Clarkson. Says it all!

Your coach is playing him career high minutes. Says quite a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Your coach is playing him career high minutes. Says quite a bit more.
    Beasley is better. That's pretty obvious

Clarkson now below his career number at 43% and dropping fast as it always does with the bum. Shooting a great for him 35% from 3! A guy shooting that shouldn't be taking 8 3's a game. Does have the career high 2.6 TO a game to go along with the horrendous shooting, gunning, out of control play, passes into the seats, bad D.... The clutch and last possession numbers have to laughable!

BTW the Jazz have lost 5 in a row and 8 out of 10. I'm sure there is no relation to Clarkson's awful numbers being on a downward spiral as anyone that actually watches the games would know was inevitable
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 11-30-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

Gobert does get roasted for it especially since there is no competition at the center spot for him. He's not worrying about other 7'+ centers that can stop him. So at the end of the day it should be easy especially in a switch happy league but he couldn't even back down Chris Paul

NBA All-star

Things stay the same you will likely lose.
    so we get to strip away all of Gobert's accolades? nice.

NBA All-star

BTW the Jazz have lost 5 in a row and 8 out of 10. I'm sure there is no relation to Clarkson's awful numbers being on a downward spiral as anyone that actually watches the games would know was inevitable
    thought it was "hard to argue against the obvious need for coaching change."