Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    He was being quadruple teamed at times and was trying to force the issue because his teammates weren't doing anything. It's hard to criticize a guy for being too aggressive when he looks like the only one who cares about getting the win. Yes, Kansas would still be a good team without Wiggins but playing strictly within the flow of the offense won't necessarily cut it against teams like MSU.

I think Young has some serious potential. Once he can figure out exactly what his role is, he'll be a fine player. His scoring instincts at that size aren't that common in freshman wing players. I think Johnson will really come on later in the season and WCS was excellent last night.
    I agree. My point is that there will always be a reason why Randle or Parker have a bad shooting night or don't score many point. There will never be an excuse for Wiggins this year. Randle was swarmed so 15 pts on 30% shooting ain't bad. Parker has no teammates other than Hood so going 8-18 is alright. Wiggins is one of 4-5 very effective scorers, but 16 pts on 80%+ shooting? Not good enough.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Anyone read any ncaab blogs or listen to podcasts? I'm looking for content to indulge myself in

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    I agree. My point is that there will always be a reason why Randle or Parker have a bad shooting night or don't score many point. There will never be an excuse for Wiggins this year. Randle was swarmed so 15 pts on 30% shooting ain't bad. Parker has no teammates other than Hood so going 8-18 is alright. Wiggins is one of 4-5 very effective scorers, but 16 pts on 80%+ shooting? Not good enough.
    why are you so concerned with stats? that is your mistake. watch the games and form your opinions about their skill sets and project...

right now it seems his team is so much better than the comp that he really doesn't have to do anything except run and finish. I cant really see much about his game until he has to show it.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 11-26-2013 at 02:53 PM.

I have watched all of their games. Did you think by posting stats I was implying I don't watch the games? lol

Stats do matter when trying to give a whole picture. I go by what I see and if I'm stating that Randle wasn't attacking the rim as much as usual or didn't shoot well, I back that up with stats (ie. 3 makes on only 10 shots). Yes, he is getting double teamed and worse, but I originally said that to compare how Wiggins and Parker are viewed when they have certain types of games.

My non statistical view of Wiggins and others can be found in this thread and others. If you glossed over them, would you like me to quote some of my earlier posts? For example, in regards to Kansas' last game, you will see I posted about how he was more aggressive and drove to the basket for three baskets in the first half (so he did show his game a bit. Not sure if you watched it). And how his weak side offensive rebounding and overall defense were great and good respectively.

I used stats in my last post specifically to aid me in the point I was trying to make.

We good now?

I have watched all of their games. Did you think by posting stats I was implying I don't watch the games? lol

Stats do matter when trying to give a whole picture. I go by what I see and if I'm stating that Randle wasn't attacking the rim as much as usual or didn't shoot well, I back that up with stats (ie. 3 makes on only 10 shots). Yes, he is getting double teamed and worse, but I originally said that to compare how Wiggins and Parker are viewed when they have certain types of games.

My non statistical view of Wiggins and others can be found in this thread and others. If you glossed over them, would you like me to quote some of my earlier posts? For example, in regards to Kansas' last game, you will see I posted about how he was more aggressive and drove to the basket for three baskets in the first half (so he did show his game a bit. Not sure if you watched it). And how his weak side offensive rebounding and overall defense were great and good respectively.

I used stats in my last post specifically to aid me in the point I was trying to make.

We good now?
    Stats in blowout really don't matter unless they are bad. You posted them like that matter at all....that is why I quoted you and disagreed.

I really hate the way Pitt structures their early season schedules. They usually work it so that their RPI is good come March but I hate seeing Stanford as our "toughest" match-up. There is always suspense going into conference play because I'm not sure how we will hold up. At least we have been blowing out teams that we are supposed to be this year.

P.S. I know nobody cares about Pitt but I need somewhere to vent my love/hate relationship with the team.

Ryan Boatright is starting to mature. UConn is off to a great start at 6-0. We look better every game . Brimah is looking alive in this Loyola game

Kentucky vs EMU at 4 pm. Should be a more comfortable win. More interested to see how the Harrison twins do and whether Young outshines them again than Randle at this point. lol

Duke vs Alabama at 9:30 pm. Alabama isn't great, but they are a power conference school with some players and guys who are more used to playing against top competition. Duke plays great at MSG, but we will see with all the eyes on them if they step up...the thing is it isn't just a matter of effort, they simply don't have the bodies to look dominant game in and game out. Parker with another opportunity to shine on the biggest of stages.

UConn is 7-0

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I just don't see it with the Harrisons and Young

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I just don't see it with the Harrisons and Young
    You get the top 10 recruits every year and are still crying?

Maybe your coach should develop what he has instead of stacking one and dones?

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    You get the top 10 recruits every year and are still crying?

Maybe your coach should develop what he has instead of stacking one and dones?

The game isn't played with recruiting rankings.

Kentucky vs EMU at 4 pm. Should be a more comfortable win. More interested to see how the Harrison twins do and whether Young outshines them again than Randle at this point. lol

Duke vs Alabama at 9:30 pm. Alabama isn't great, but they are a power conference school with some players and guys who are more used to playing against top competition. Duke plays great at MSG, but we will see with all the eyes on them if they step up...the thing is it isn't just a matter of effort, they simply don't have the bodies to look dominant game in and game out. Parker with another opportunity to shine on the biggest of stages.
    someone jsut offered me courtside tickets to the Duke Game. Sleep in for Turkey day or catch Jabari?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    someone jsut offered me courtside tickets to the Duke Game. Sleep in for Turkey day or catch Jabari?
    Obvious answer obviously. lol

....aaannnddd Kentucky is up only 3 at the half. Didn't watch most of it, but Randle was in foul trouble. I know every team has struggles, but I don't know if I can view a team that plays this close to apparently far inferior teams game in and game out as legit contenders. Yes, a young team gets some leeway, but I don't remember the title team from 2 years ago struggling this badly early on.

The Harrison twins/Young don't look as strong around Randle as Kidd-Gilchrist, Lamb, etc did around Davis, but as many people have said, it's the fact that Lamb, Miller, etc. had final four experience from the year before to help out the freshmen. This team's experienced players are Cauley-Stein and Poythress. lol

So yes, they should be better when it matters most, but I think as each games goes by we're gonna have to start tempering our expectations. People view them as a legit title contender (one of maybe 5-6 teams right now), but I'm gonna start viewing them as more of a final four hopeful. Not that it's a huge difference, but a true title contender you expect to get to the final four at least....not sure as each week goes by that I can keep on thinking that.

When Arizona's bigs are active without the ball and aggressive with it, they are about as strong as a team can be down low this season (along with Kansas).