Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Sullinger & Melo to Celtics

quite a good draft for us all in all, Dannys going to get a steal for the 51st! i can feel it.

Banned

Melo is a great defender/rebounder and the Celtics have been playing Ryan Hollins and a foul prone Stiemsma at the 5. Not sure why some Boston fans are irritated about the pick.

-

fab melo. what a retarded name we're going to be hearing from espn reporters.

sullinger is a good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Melo is a great defender/rebounder and the Celtics have been playing Ryan Hollins and a foul prone Stiemsma at the 5. Not sure why some Boston fans are irritated about the pick.
    just would have rather had Perry Jones III

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

These are excellent late 1st Round picks. Boston needs size.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    I know for damn sure i ain't, a 7 foot center with a 7'2 wingspan plus he's a beast on the offensive glass? Hell yea ill take that! I love the sullinger pick as well, hopefully his back problems aren't serious cuz that dude could work realllll well with Rondo, especially considering how much of a bully game he likes to play

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ducktape
    fab melo. what a retarded name we're going to be hearing from espn reporters.

sullinger is a good pick.
    Short for Fabricio Melo. He's Mexican. [COLOR="White"]A little joke at Miguel Peitrius[/COLOR]

Sullinger is a great pick until his back goes out. Backs don't get better. They stay the same. is the risk worth it? YES. But everyone talks like he'll stay healthy, why?

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by LOGoods7
    Sullinger pick I like for Celtics, they will probably now let Brandon Bass walk. Although I don't watch college ball, would most people here say Sullinger can be better than Bass?

I thought they should've taken PJIII. Is Jeff Green a RFA or UFA? They should just let him walk regardless and I thought they should've taken PJIII. Resigning Bass + Green will probably cost at least 14 million per season, and instead they could've gotten 2 players with potential on rookie contracts and had cap space flexibility.
    I don't think many teams will shell out big bucks for a dude coming off of heart surgery. C's could get Green relatively cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I don't think many teams will shell out big bucks for a dude coming off of heart surgery. C's could get Green relatively cheap.
    Yep. I doubt his market is tha tbig.

Good High School Starter jalbert009's Avatar

So our roster looks like this now.

Melo
    Sullinger/Johnson
    Pierce
    Bradley/Moore
    Rondo

So do we play our rookies and Bradley 32 Mins a night and develop them while tanking or do we over pay some players and try for another 2nd round or ECF exit?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jalbert009
    So our roster looks like this now.

Melo
    Sullinger/Johnson
    Pierce
    Bradley/Moore
    Rondo

So do we play our rookies and Bradley 32 Mins a night and develop them while tanking or do we over pay some players and try for another 2nd round or ECF exit?
    Why would you waste what's left of Pierce's career tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Sullinger is a great pick until his back goes out. Backs don't get better. They stay the same. is the risk worth it? YES. But everyone talks like he'll stay healthy, why?
    Celtics said they think he'll be fine. You may find that teams with lower picks really push the "his back is f'd" talk behind the scenes in the hope it scares others off and he'll fall from a potential lottery pick to being available in the 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Celtics said they think he'll be fine. You may find that teams with lower picks really push the "his back is f'd" talk behind the scenes in the hope it scares others off and he'll fall from a potential lottery pick to being available in the 20's.
    20 picks went before him. I'd be surprised if his back is just fine. I think at best it's ****ed up but they think he'll be ok for a few years. He's too talented if he was a maybe that teams would not have chosen him.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    has he ever actually had back problems though? like missed games because of his back? he got flagged, but that might not mean anything. could just be he has a higher risk for future problems