Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Shaq was in the 2003 draft, who's the #1 pick? Him or Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    Ok that I agree with. But they lost the series, so too bad for Wade.

But back to topic, only players I would draft over Lebron are MJ or Hakeem.
    How far down do you have Duncan?

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    How far down do you have Duncan?
    Lebron/MJ/Hakeem

Duncan/Shaq/Bird/Magic/Russell

Kareem/Wilt

These are the tiers.

Easily Shaq and it's not even close.

Lebron/MJ/Hakeem

Duncan/Shaq/Bird/Magic/Russell

Kareem/Wilt

These are the tiers.

I'm not sure what mine would be TBH.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

I'm not sure what mine would be TBH.
    But my top 10 ranking is different from how I would draft these greats of course.

However, I feel that Wilt and Kareem are VASTLY overrated by many people.

But my top 10 ranking is different from how I would draft these greats of course.

I change my views on players all the time. I don't have a GOAT list but there's a lot that one has to take into account when doing these types of evaluations.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

You draft prospects not legacies Mikey.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Quote Originally Posted by Vienceslav
    You draft prospects not legacies Mikey.
    That's why MJ, Lebron and Hakeem comes first 3 for me.

Then Duncan, Shaq, Magic, Bird and Russell.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

All time draft, trying not to use hindsight? Basically based off college careers, measurables, predraft hype, and hypothetically compare them from different eras...

Probably something like
    Kareem
    Shaq
    Walton
    Wilt
    Hakeem
    Duncan
    Ewing

Pretty sure KAJ goes #1, tho.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Alonzo Mourning would have been drafted over bran.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Alonzo Mourning would have been drafted over bran.

Banned

Shaq all day

Pretty sure LeBron had more hype coming out of HS than anyone I can remember. They were showing his HS games on ESPN. It probably depends on the team, but my guess is that LeBron would have been drafted over Shaq.

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Cleveland woulda drafted LeBron cause of the Akron connection and regretted it once Shaq came to town and broke down the basket and support.

Ultimately they would be screwed either way because both players would leave the Cavs anyway, Shaq in 5 yrs, LeBron in 7yrs so this question ends with a losing outcome.

The question then becomes would Shaq have won a ring in Cleveland with the cast LeBron played with before leaving?

Generally you go with such big guy behemoths over perimeter players, its a safer bet... but that Lebron guy was special, unlike Kobe or even Jordan at 17-18 what he was gona be in the NBA was much more inevitable / easy to predict, he was perfectly NBA ready & better than any perimeter player at that age and just unique.... all that hype aswell... so i dont know....

Quote Originally Posted by WillyJakk
    Cleveland woulda drafted LeBron cause of the Akron connection and regretted it once Shaq came to town and broke down the basket and support.

Ultimately they would be screwed either way because both players would leave the Cavs anyway, Shaq in 5 yrs, LeBron in 7yrs so this question ends with a losing outcome.

The question then becomes would Shaq have won a ring in Cleveland with the cast LeBron played with before leaving?
    If he couldnt win it with Penny, 3D, Nick, Grant etc. then i doubt he would do any better having Boobie, Mo, Hughes around him instead.

You could also ask, would Lebron have won a ring in Orlando with the cast Shaq played with before leaving? :)