Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Default Re: If Shaq was in the 2003 draft, who's the #1 pick? Him or Lebron?

Shaq

LeBron could never be the Diesel.

Learning to shoot layups

Shaq. In an all time draft, realistically, the top 10 would all be centers. Talented potential HOF big men are always going to be drafted before anyone smaller. They don't come around often. Especially a freak of nature like Shaq.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Tough one. I'll pick Shaq over any player in history including Lebron, but my answer could change depending on how the rest of Lebron's career goes as he is only 29. I feel Lebron will have excellent longevity, which could push it in Lebron's favor. With that said, Shaq could have had much better longevity (not that he had bad longevity) if he took care of his body better, so if he was drafted into the right situation he could have been whipped into shape and developed more of his unlimited potential.
    Last edited by secund2nun; 02-08-2014 at 07:07 PM.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Shaq. No questions asked.

NBA lottery pick

Shaq is an extremely rare player. You take him without hesitation. We may never even see another player such as Shaq. A durable diesel truck that can over power the competition. Shaq was truly unstoppable.

However, you better hope and pray you can get an elite shooting guard. Otherwise, you might be screwed.

I usually hit open layups

Shaq. If there was an all time draft on players, without knowing what they achieved in the NBA, Shaq would be drafted #1.

Anyone who says Bron just gives up their credibility. Shaq is the only answer, unless you lack common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Shaq by far. He was a monster @ LSU. Without knowing how their NBA careers go Shaq or KAJ would easily be selected out of everybody else. Maybe Walton in there too
    Gotta throw Duncan and Ewing in there as well. The hype was huge on both. I was making Duncan on some NBA Live 96...

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    Ok that I agree with. But they lost the series, so too bad for Wade.

But back to topic, only players I would draft over Lebron are MJ or Hakeem.
    Reading your utter lunacy on this thread, I really really wish you would be the GM of the Boston Celtics for a thousand years.
    They'd never make another playoff

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

all you had to do was look at the 2007 draft

Shaq. However, Lebron was from Ohio and Cleveland is garbage at drafting so I can see why not.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Audio One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Much of this would depend on just what version of Shaq and what version of Lebron. If they are both coming out of High School, Lebron easily. A Shaq entering LSU was not even considered their best center.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...38/3/index.htm

BTW, both Wilt and KAJ were the two most heavily recruited high school players of all-time. And most here are probably not aware of the fact that Wilt was drafted while still in high school.

If there were some way to magically transform these greats back to the same year, and after graduating from high school...it would clearly be Wilt/KAJ battling for 1-2, and the rest miles behind.