Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-15-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far
Default Magic talks with Marbury

According to Yahoo! Sports and Stats, Inc:

"Dec 14 The Knicks have asked Magic Johnson to talk to Marbury about his offensive troubles this season, according to the New York Post. "You know what I see in him right now? I see a guy who's not playing loose and having fun. He's got to get back to that, so I'm going to have a talk with him to get him going," Johnson said. Marbury is averaging just 10.9 points this season."

Who thinks this will have any effect at all? It's at least encouraging that we're trying to help him out. Hopefully Magic can help him out.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
eleb862002
Can barely lace up my sneakers

eleb862002 has an OK reputation so far
Default Encouragement

What happened there's a player we once knew, there's confidence we once seen, there's more than one leader on this team STEP UP Pactrice and TAKE IT... Got to let him know

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
According to Yahoo! Sports and Stats, Inc:

"Dec 14 The Knicks have asked Magic Johnson to talk to Marbury about his offensive troubles this season, according to the New York Post. "You know what I see in him right now? I see a guy who's not playing loose and having fun. He's got to get back to that, so I'm going to have a talk with him to get him going," Johnson said. Marbury is averaging just 10.9 points this season."

Who thinks this will have any effect at all? It's at least encouraging that we're trying to help him out. Hopefully Magic can help him out.
eleb862002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
Bombay
The Sole Controller

Bombay has an OK reputation so far

You must didn't watch the game against the Hawks. Magic told Al tautwig that he was going to talk with Steph. Isiah said Magic appeared out of the blue. Over all good interview
Bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
Starbury4MVP
Banned

Starbury4MVP has no real reputation yet.

shucks. For a second I thought the Orlando Magic wanted Marbury.
Starbury4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay
You must didn't watch the game against the Hawks. Magic told Al tautwig that he was going to talk with Steph. Isiah said Magic appeared out of the blue. Over all good interview
Its not going to do any good, Marbury said himself ''i barely know him"
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

The first person was
Lenny Wilkens

Next
Larry Brown

Next
Clyde

Next
Zeke

And now it's the Magic man.

Maybe he will get it now and take the Knicks were they should be considering the talent level of this team. Not only the potential but the proven guys they have.

We have proven players just waiting to be taken to the promised land. The problem is leadership, you need it from the point as well as the low post. they have no leadership. Jefferies and Q will do their parts but we need Marbury to grow up and figure out what it takes to be "The Man".

Clyde was the man, magic was the man, maybe just maybe Marbury can figure it out. He has the phyicial attributes and knowledge of the game it's just a matter of playing the right way. That was Larry Brown's words, "play the right way".

Don't get me wrong I am no fan of brown's but the guy knows basketball. He just had the type of personality that turns people off. You have to be an adult to deal with a Larry Brown. The child also know as Starbury was not man enough.

When magic tells you the same things everybody else has it's time to wake up and smell a championship.

Marbury can take us there, I have no doubt but he has to search his soul and man up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 points 7 assists 4 rebounds 2 steals 2 turnovers, run the team, score in transition not in the half court, hit the open jumper when they give it, play under control and play D not:

20 points 6 turnovers 8 (useless) assists becuase you drive to the basket and at the last minute when you realize your stuck so you throw a pass and no D. That's exactly what Francis does and that's why they turn the ball over, they play out of control. I think Marbury is the better overall player and shooter but Francis is a better pure scorer. I would rather have Marbury.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

If Magic did talk to Steph I don't think Steph was listening. The Knicks are playing as bad as last year. You can't win games by playing catch up the whole way. You can't get blown out in the first minutes of the game and then try to put all your heart in to win cuz the other teams damn sure are doing that since the beginning of the game. Fire Marbury and fire Isiah.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
If Magic did talk to Steph I don't think Steph was listening. The Knicks are playing as bad as last year. You can't win games by playing catch up the whole way. You can't get blown out in the first minutes of the game and then try to put all your heart in to win cuz the other teams damn sure are doing that since the beginning of the game. Fire Marbury and fire Isiah.
I agree.........but lets wait until AFTER the draft to fire Isiah!
Old 12-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #9
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Now Frazier is going to help Frye..i'll post article
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:16 AM   #10
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

so...December 14th or so magic talks to marbury about offensive struggles...December 16th Marbury drops 30... that equals :)
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:18 AM   #11
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbury4MVP
shucks. For a second I thought the Orlando Magic wanted Marbury.

i tought the same thing. *sigh*
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Steph

yes....lets berate the guy who won us the game the other day. We need to save our energy for the fake thug in Nate Robinson. Let me the 1st to say he not only was was an embarassment and a joke but HE was the reason why things escalated. Look closely....he through the 1st punch. Either way tho...the whole incident was disgraceful. As far as Steph tho.... the guy seems to have gotten his confidence back since the supposed talk
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #13
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Its not going to do any good, Marbury said himself ''i barely know him"
It seems as I was wrong
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: