Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 07-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #1
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Lest roll

Lets spend the cash this year! Bring in morris Peterson, and Jamal Magloire.Now im hearing that the grizz were not one of the EIGHT teams that contacted wallace on sunday.Pathetic if you ask me.He is gonna be great.Anyways.Peterson is a very good shooter.The coaching staff said we need more shooters.He also can score.Kinda like a posey.But hopefully he won't go crazy and think he is an allstar after one ok season.Magloire is a tough banger.He can score on the inside and make plays.He could help pau out alot.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lest roll

[quote=jailer]But hopefully he won't go crazy and think he is an allstar after one ok season.[quote]

What do you mean by this? If you are talking about him having a good season last year than you are vastly mistaken. Last season was one of Mo Petes worst seasons in his career.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

No no that was a sarcastic remark about james posey.He came here as a free agent and had his best year.Then the next year he thought he deserved to be the man.He totally went aginst pau gasol.I was saying if we picked up mo pete he could maybe help us like that.I was just hoping he wouldnt turn into a jerk afterwards.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:57 PM   #4
the grizzz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the grizzz has an OK reputation so far

has anyone heard of a player that the grizzlies are interested in and maybe close to getting him...... maybe a big name guy like chauncey billups(even though they just drafted their PG of the future, conley could learn from billups)

or how about rumored trades and not just your dream trade that you would like to see go down (be reasonable)
the grizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

I heard we tried to get Marcus Camby from Denver. I also heard Denver laughed at the offer.

And Jamal Magloire might have been a good signing 3 years ago. If were gonna get a big man, Id say get someone who will take a 1 year deal, (PJ Brown/Dale Davis) and use the money again next yr when theres more players availible.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

The problem with brown is that he is 37 years old.He has nothing left in the tank and is thinking of retiring.Magloire is just now 28.Has been an all star and would be the most talented low post player pau has ever played with.Im hearing that the grizz have contacted the agent of James posey and Miki Moore.I hate both of these players.Moore is 32,and posey and pau can not play together.Hopefully this isn't wallace big plan.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #7
the grizzz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

the grizzz has an OK reputation so far

pj brown is a good player and i wouldn't mind a veteran guy like him in a grizzzzzz uniform
the grizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #8
jailer
MillionDollarException

Why does everyone keed mentioning P.J. Brown.He is so old.Its like asking your uncle to come out of retirement and play some pick up games down the street.Yeah he has some moves still.But the kids are killing him.In terms of speed and decision making.Not to mention endurance.He is done.Plus with all that he would not come to memphis.At his age he wants to win a ring.Im hearing nocioni now as a player.Pax has alrady stated though that he would match any offer for andres.I think he would but not to much.Pax will have to resign his main players in like a year.Im sure if the grizz offer him a nice deal pax will pass.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Read a new article in an Ohio newspaper that an unknown team has
made an offer to Verajao. Probably the Grizz. Also said that talks are
on about a new Gasol trade with the Bulls. This would be Noce, Noah,
Duhon & filler for Gasol. If this is true now I understand why Pax drafted
Noah since he didn't really need him. Seems like Grizz like Noah & Noce
a lot. Wallace flew all the way to Argentina to meet with him. Don't think
it was about the price of beef. See what happens.
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:20 AM   #10
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I don't know Marc Ivaroni would not have flown to spain to talk to pau if he did not want him here.The grizz are gonna offer a ike miller deal to nocioni.I have also heard rumors about verajo.I think the cvs offer is kinda high though.What about morris peterson if the bulls match the grizz offer.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #11
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Now im hearing that the grizz were not one of the EIGHT teams that contacted wallace on sunday.Pathetic if you ask me.He is gonna be great.

As a Bobcats fan, all I have to say is ... YAY

Anyways, I read y'all flew to Argentina to meet with Nocioni and I also heard about that sign-and-trade proposal with Chicago. I think trading Gasol to Chicago will solidify their dominance in the East for a few years, but that doesn't really concern y'all. The only problem would be that y'all wouldn't have an All-Star big man that is very important to succeeding in the West. Honestly, I have no idea how y'all were as bad as you were last year having Gasol, Miller, and Gay; I think y'all can be a lot better with Conley and 1 or 2 mid-level free agents. I agree with jailer that going after Magloire is a better idea than PJ Brown. Also, while Chicago can match offers on Nocioni, y'all can easily offer him more than what they will pay him considering they have Deng.

Also, is the story about the way Cardinal got his MLE true? If it is, that sucks because that is a lot of money y'all could be spending this year or next year on big time players.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

Man I actually justheard that story from my roommate.It sounds possible.As for the trade to the bulls not happening.The grizz have already stated numerous times that they are going after free agents to help pau.They have already said that if pax matches there deal that they have other plans.Ooh im still mad about the gerald wallace thing but hey thanks for rubbing it in
Old 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #13
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Think y'all are going after Varejao? I would think that he and his floppy hair would get in Pau's way more than help him.

Or do you think y'all might go after Darko?
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Yeah I don't know Marc Ivaroni would not have flown to spain to talk to pau if he did not want him here.The grizz are gonna offer a ike miller deal to nocioni.I have also heard rumors about verajo.I think the cvs offer is kinda high though.What about morris peterson if the bulls match the grizz offer.

ike miller for noce makes sense. that way pax would not let him go for free.
I bet we will hear about veraho signing soon. looks like the "flopper" will
be flopping at the fedex this fall, fancy that! don't know much about
mo pete. guess if veraho signs then we would have a mo and a curley.
just need a larry next!
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #15
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I guess the grizz plans are finally hitting the media.It had been preety quite,now in the last two days the grizz have been mentioned alot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: