Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: WHY are the Heat losing?

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Because you have 4 big men on your team. The other 2 are in sf/sg body. Thats why its easy to play zone on your team. Fit is all about spacing and your stars dont provide space for your players. Thats why I always say wade/lebron are overrated. They are examples of quantity of skills over quality skills. These 2 focus on many skills so they could be all around and be rated as number 1 or number 2. Otherwise called as statpadders. But they never care on the most important and hardest skill to master which is shot creation. Thats why I would chose pierce, dirk over them even though they are lesser all around players coz theyve mastered the most difficult part.
    Yeah good luck with that mess.

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

The whole Denver team was on fire

It's the regular season and their in much better shape than they were last year (minus the Wade injury). Last year was even worse because the Heat got swept by Boston and Chicago in the regular season and their playoff chances were looking grim when they steamrolled the Celtics and even the Bulls to some degree and then still (what I think) should have won against the Mavs if it wasn't for that game 2 collapse in the 4th. Wade gave it up to Miami on a silver platter and Lebron (and others) couldn't close it out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LilEddyCurry
    The whole Denver team was on fire

Because the Miami defense is horrendous.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

It's the regular fcking season. Everyone needs to relax and stop jumping to conclusions from single games.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    It's the regular season and their in much better shape than they were last year (minus the Wade injury). Last year was even worse because the Heat got swept by Boston and Chicago in the regular season and their playoff chances were looking grim when they steamrolled the Celtics and even the Bulls to some degree and then still (what I think) should have won against the Mavs if it wasn't for that game 2 collapse in the 4th. Wade gave it up to Miami on a silver platter and Lebron (and others) couldn't close it out.

Because boston lost perk and were never the same after then. The 3 losses with chicago are all products of choke jobs by the heat and not really because of the dominance of chicago unlike boston. Mavs dominated them in the regular season just like boston and they actually lose to the mavs. The only difference is that mavs have the same lineup while boston have lost perk. They struggle with teams that have great frontcourt. Theyre just lucky they never faced one in the playoffs. I never consider chicago as having one coz they dont even have an all star on that team coz boozer declined. And that supposedly all star is not providing defense to compensate for the lost offense. I believe portland can beat them last season and now that clippers have great frontcourt, that team too can beat them.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    It's the regular fcking season. Everyone needs to relax and stop jumping to conclusions from single games.
    Not really. I remember 2 games into the season, Heat fans were already saying this is the greatest team of all time. Someone said they're the greatest team in the last 15 years. Now that they're struggling and lose 3 games in a row people are overreacting? I think people overreacted more to the first couple of wins this season. Losing 3 games in a row with 3 of the best players (one of them being called the best, the other being called one of the best shooting guards of all time) in the league is awful. There's no excuse anymore. They played together an entire season last year. This team has become overrated. People wanted to label them the next '90s Bulls or Showtime Lakers or '80s Celtics ever since LeBron decided to take his talent to South Beach.

Didn't wade have like 12 points without a freethrow. Dwhistle

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Not really. I remember 2 games into the season, Heat fans were already saying this is the greatest team of all time. Someone said they're the greatest team in the last 15 years. Now that they're struggling and lose 3 games in a row people are overreacting? I think people overreacted more to the first couple of wins this season. Losing 3 games in a row with 3 of the best players (one of them being called the best, the other being called one of the best shooting guards of all time) in the league is awful. There's no excuse anymore. They played together an entire season last year. This team has become overrated. People wanted to label them the next '90s Bulls or Showtime Lakers or '80s Celtics ever since LeBron decided to take his talent to South Beach.
    The year the Bulls won their first title, they lost their first 3 games of the season. Clearly that had an effect on their run in the playoffs.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Geezer's Avatar

They need to stop standing around watching and actually MOVE WITHOUT THE BALL.

The same thing happens over and over again every game; Bosh will set a high screen for Wade or LeBron, cut down to the low block, receive the ball back to the basket, straighten up looking for cutters... and LeBron and Wade just stand there, doing nothing.

Then as 10 seconds tick off the shot clock Bosh will either have to turn and face and make a contested move to the basket or kick it out to Wade or LeBron for a contested 20 footer. It happens OVER and OVER again and makes me wonder if they actually have a full playbook or they are just ignoring Spoelstra outright. Millionaire athletes who've played the game since they were kids who don't even know how to create action off the ball is just pathetic... plus Wade is my favorite player but he needs to STFU whining to the refs after EVERY non-call... LeBron is almost as bad, at least Bosh just shuts the hell up and gets back on defense.

As a Heat fan for over 20 years i'm seriously considering jumping off the bandwagon now that they have multiple superstars, and that's just sad

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    You sound like a little child.
    You sound hurt from the truth.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

2 games into this season, lebronz was already scoring champ, mvp, dpoy and fmvp.

But somehow, people like the guy you quoted,

ignored all that.

The year the Bulls won their first title, they lost their first 3 games of the season. Clearly that had an effect on their run in the playoffs.
    The difference is LeBron, Wade and Bosh teaming up in todays league would have been the equivalent of Jordan, Bird and Malone teaming up back then.

My point: the Heat should be dominating.

The difference is LeBron, Wade and Bosh teaming up in todays league would have been the equivalent of Jordan, Bird and Malone teaming up back then.

My point: the Heat should be dominating.
    And my point is that the regular season does not matter as much as you think it does. As long as they get a top 2 seed, they will be fine.

And my point is that the regular season does not matter as much as you think it does. As long as they get a top 2 seed, they will be fine.
    That's such a stupid excuse though. If they can't get their act together in the regular season how are they going to dominate in the playoffs?