Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Second Round Preview - Los Angeles Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It depends on how the Lakers play. If they play like they did against the Hornets, they could lose the series.

But they probably won't play that poorly. If the Lakers play well, I think they win in 5.
    Dallas doesn't have anyone like Chris Paul who can absolutely rip apart our defense. Dirk is a great player, but it's all about match-ups. Chris Paul is just a match-up nightmare for LA; Dirk should be easier to contain.

Lakers have looked good the past two games, hopefully they can carry that momentum over to Monday and continue to play well.

I'm glad that the series doesn't start on Sunday like Miami. F*cking LA never wins on Sunday.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Dallas doesn't have anyone like Chris Paul who can absolutely rip apart our defense. Dirk is a great player, but it's all about match-ups. Chris Paul is just a match-up nightmare for LA; Dirk should be easier to contain.

Lakers have looked good the past two games, hopefully they can carry that momentum over to Monday and continue to play well.

I'm glad that the series doesn't start on Sunday like Miami. F*cking LA never wins on Sunday.
    For sure.

But Paul didn't make Gasol play like ass. I totally agree with your prediction and take, but its not like it was really the Hornets forcing the Lakers to play poorly at times. The Mavs are a better team than the Hornets and if the Lakers don't come to play in this series, they could be in for trouble.

But that is the only way the Mavs have a chance. We have to hope the Lakers get into a funk or something. If the Lakers play well, like you said, the matchup just doesn't work for the Mavs.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Default Re: 2011 Playoffs second round preview of Lakers vs Mavericks

The Lakers will be more focused going into this series than they were against NO. It just seems like they're starting to build their post-season momentum.

Dirk is going to have a strong series, but even so, will only be the second best player on the court. The Lakers will have the best (Kobe), the 3rd best (Gasol), and the 4th best (Odom) players in the series... with an outside chance of Bynum or Artest being the 5th best in the series. It's really just not a good recipe for Dallas.

I like Dirk, always enjoyed watching him play, would love to see him get a shot at the title again, just too bad for him he's going against my boys. I hope we tear his heart out piece by piece and stomp on it.

If Dallas had a healthy Caron Butler, I'd say Lakers in 7 in a very fun and very competitive series.

As it stands, I believe the Lakers will close it out in 5. They'll still be fun and exciting games, but the Mavs will just come up short too often.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

LA in 5

Dallas simply doesn't have the tools to exploits LA's weakness. They don't have a quick PG who can break LA's defense down, their bigs are decent, but Bynum and Gasol should handle them fine, and last they have absolute no one who can guard Kobe.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I'm surprised at the amount of people who picked the Mavs to win, it's not impossible for them to pull it off, but Dallas matches up horrible vs the Lakers.
    Deep down, they know Dallas isn't going to win. They are just blinded by their hatred of the Lakers.

Should be a great series to watch.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Disaprine
    Should be a great series to watch.
    Doubt it somehow, it'll be one-sided for the Lakers. 5 games at most.

HeatFan since Decision

Quote Originally Posted by Disaprine
    Should be a great appetizer before the Thunder.
    Fixed.

Lakers in 5 or 6. Kobe will average close to 30 points with a better fg%. Lakers' bigs will outplay their opponents. OKC-Lakers WCF is inevitable.

Arcadia, CA

ppl keep saying how the lakers bigs cant guard dirk...........okay
    so who is going to stop pau and bynum in the post? haywood is trash, chandler will get into foul trouble, and dirk cant take the beating..............

Arcadia, CA

marion will guard kobe pretty well but its up to kobe to play great like he did in last years semis against utah

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

If Butler comes back helps Mavs cause they have another guy they can through on Kobe for stretches.. Dirk should sh!t on Pau as he is easily the better player. Chandler is a good defensive big who should limit Bynum. JJ Barea will be the spark off the bench that penetrates and gives Lakers fits. probably use Kobe to cover Kidd and Fisher to guard Terry. lakers probably win series cause the Mavs are hard to put to much trust into.

Magic Johnson

lakers in 6 if paula shows up and lakers in 5 if pau shows up. at least butler's coming back so mavs fans can't ***** and moan about how their team isn't 100%.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    If Butler comes back helps Mavs cause they have another guy they can through on Kobe for stretches.. Dirk should sh!t on Pau as he is easily the better player. Chandler is a good defensive big who should limit Bynum. JJ Barea will be the spark off the bench that penetrates and gives Lakers fits. probably use Kobe to cover Kidd and Fisher to guard Terry. lakers probably win series cause the Mavs are hard to put to much trust into.
    hasn't dirk historically struggled against the lakers? gasol, bynum, and odom match up extremely well with him. they won't shut him down or anything but i doubt he puts up more than 20 and 8.

KoLebRose fans r funny Durantula35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Lakers in 5 or 6. Kobe will average close to 30 points with a better fg%. Lakers' bigs will outplay their opponents. OKC-Lakers WCF is inevitable.
    I think a Lakers win is inevitable. I'm not so sure about the Thunder.