Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Default Obamacare for it or against it...

And why....

For me I'm for it.
    My
    Mother has worked all her life and as lost over half her 401k during the Bush years. She was then laid off and had 2 years if healthcare coverage from her severance package.
    My mother is a cancer survivor and need meds etc. with out Obamacare when her two years are up insurance companies can denie her care.
    My Mother is just one story of many.
    So I support Obamacare because it does away with ore exisisting conditions.
    Republicans do not have a plan that will help my mother and others like her.

I am interested to hear other people take and please be real on how it exactly effects you.

Default Re: Obamacare for it or against it...

Don't like the mandate.

It's certainly not the universal healthcare system proposed by the Clintons back in the 90s, or anything close to what other top countries have in place.

However it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully within the next decade or so we see it expanded to at the very least include a public option.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

I won't say if im against or for it because i havent done all the research i need to make my own decision but i will say it's better than the pitch the republicans were throwing that's for damn sure

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    Don't like the mandate.

It's certainly not the universal healthcare system proposed by the Clintons back in the 90s, or anything close to what other top countries have in place.

However it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully within the next decade or so we see it expanded to at the very least include a public option.
    The mandate is what makes it possible for it to be paid for. I don't think anyone "likes" the mandate portion of the bill, but it is necessary for the end-goal to be accomplished. It's sort of like saying you like to go out to eat but you don't like having to write a check.

Hey, I wish we could just have the universal health care system and be done with it. But, the country doesn't seem completely ready for that yet and the otherside sure as hell isn't going to allow it to happen. I mean, this was originally a Republican proposed counter to the Hillary Clinton plan back in '94 and now they rail against it.

I do think we will end up with universal care eventually and I think -- although far from a perfect plan -- this is a major step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The mandate is what makes it possible for it to be paid for. I don't think anyone "likes" the mandate portion of the bill, but it is necessary for the end-goal to be accomplished. It's sort of like saying you like to go out to eat but you don't like having to write a check.

Hey, I wish we could just have the universal health care system and be done with it. But, the country doesn't seem completely ready for that yet and the otherside sure as hell isn't going to allow it to happen. I mean, this was originally a Republican proposed counter to the Hillary Clinton plan back in '94 and now they rail against it.

I do think we will end up with universal care eventually and I think -- although far from a perfect plan -- this is a major step in the right direction.
    Good post.

I would love to think that eventually we will have a single payer system in this country. I'll cross my fingers that it happens before my lifetime is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'm against anything that requires me to pay for something.
    What do you do such that this requires you to pay?

Banned

Which is why it's so hilarious to hear Romney talk about repealing the plan seeing as how he enacted more or less the same law in Massachusetts when he was Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Which is why it's so hilarious to hear Romney talk about repealing the plan seeing as how he enacted more or less the same law in Massachusetts when he was Governor.
    I find it even more funny when Romney states that he will repeal Obamacare, then a week later he talks about possibly keeping parts of it that he likes. What an idiot.

Banned

- Mate, how many times must the fallacy of using small homogenous nations as a model for the massive US melting pot be pointed out? Do you ignore it on purpose? In and of itself the undertaking of federalizing a healthcare system for 330,000,000 people is far more problematic than one for a nation of 50,000,000 which is about average for European countries sans Russia, maybe even lower in fact. You cannot expect a program that must accomodate five to ten Times as many people to run at the same efficiency. Thats just reality. To make it run effectively would require enormous sums of money. Further, Americans are far less healthy than other developed nations. Incarceration rates are higher. Unplanned pregnancy is more rampant. Mate, why dont you ever focus on the bad decisions individuals make that drive up the cost of these types of programs. You want businesses and taxpayers to write a blank check subsidizing the average persons apathy, lethargy, ignorance, and poor judgment. You have 'always blame the big guy' syndrome mate. You know its true. If your neighbor, and my neighbor, and people everywhere werent so obese, a program like this moves closer toward feasability. Do you ever chastize your neighbor the way you chastize Republicans for demanding accountability and drawing a line on entitlements? No, mate. You dont. You dont have the courage to call out the average bozos you see in person each day who make bad decisions that affect everyone. You just overcompensate by blaming large, broad, ambiguous entities. "Corporations", "the media", "the right wing".

Terrell Owens had like five kids he cant afford to take care of. But tax payers have to spend the salary they work for on those childrens education, on their healthcare, and pribably other subsidies. Antonio Cromartie has eight children that he barely provides for, while taxpayers shoulder the rest. Is this fair? Does social responsibility only apply to the 1%? Good luck making progress when you only demand it from 1% of the population. But thats all you will do, because that 1% are the easiest targets. That is why you target them to be responsible even for problems they dont create. Lawyers, CEOs, doctors, entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, all go to work each day and deserve to not have their earnings pillaged and spent carelessly to cover up the mess of people who live or spend recklessly. Discriminating against them because you arbitrarily decide they owe more to society than others is no different than someone arbitrarily deciding marriage is not for two people of the same sex. You cannot profess to want equality in one scenario, while being completely arbitrary and subjective in the other.

Mate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I find it even more funny when Romney states that he will repeal Obamacare, then a week later he talks about possibly keeping parts of it that he likes. What an idiot.
    Mitt Romney changes his 'beliefs' according to who is in front of him.

"See I'm a liar and I really don't care, I tell them hoes whatever they wanna here" <---Romney's stance on politics

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
    - Mate, how many times must the fallacy of using small homogenous nations as a model for the massive US melting pot be pointed out? Do you ignore it on purpose? In and of itself the undertaking of federalizing a healthcare system for 330,000,000 people is far more problematic than one for a nation of 50,000,000 which is about average for European countries sans Russia, maybe even lower in fact. You cannot expect a program that must accomodate five to ten Times as many people to run at the same efficiency. Thats just reality. To make it run effectively would require enormous sums of money. Further, Americans are far less healthy than other developed nations. Incarceration rates are higher. Unplanned pregnancy is more rampant. Mate, why dont you ever focus on the bad decisions individuals make that drive up the cost of these types of programs. You want businesses and taxpayers to write a blank check subsidizing the average persons apathy, lethargy, ignorance, and poor judgment. You have 'always blame the big guy' syndrome mate. You know its true. If your neighbor, and my neighbor, and people everywhere werent so obese, a program like this moves closer toward feasability. Do you ever chastize your neighbor the way you chastize Republicans for demanding accountability and drawing a line on entitlements? No, mate. You dont. You dont have the courage to call out the average bozos you see in person each day who make bad decisions that affect everyone. You just overcompensate by blaming large, broad, ambiguous entities. "Corporations", "the media", "the right wing".

Terrell Owens had like five kids he cant afford to take care of. But tax payers have to spend the salary they work for on those childrens education, on their healthcare, and pribably other subsidies. Antonio Cromartie has eight children that he barely provides for, while taxpayers shoulder the rest. Is this fair? Does social responsibility only apply to the 1%? Good luck making progress when you only demand it from 1% of the population. But thats all you will do, because that 1% are the easiest targets. That is why you target them to be responsible even for problems they dont create. Lawyers, CEOs, doctors, entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, all go to work each day and deserve to not have their earnings pillaged and spent carelessly to cover up the mess of people who live or spend recklessly. Discriminating against them because you arbitrarily decide they owe more to society than others is no different than someone arbitrarily deciding marriage is not for two people of the same sex. You cannot profess to want equality in one scenario, while being completely arbitrary and subjective in the other.

Mate.
    You are everything you just bitched about. I have to support you. You are the "unhealthiest" of Americans. You are a loser with no career and education. I go to work each day to support dumb-****s like you. It's terrible. You are everything you criticize.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'm against anything that requires me to pay for something.
    Try transitioning to the real world at some point. You'll have to face it one day or another. You can't fantasize about Ariana forever, you'll have to get you a real girl some day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You are everything you just bitched about. I have to support you. You are the "unhealthiest" of Americans. You are a loser with no career and education. I go to work each day to support dumb-****s like you. It's terrible. You are everything you criticize.

Mate with such a giant forehead I would have assumed you'd have at least a marginal ability to discuss actual isses. Instead tho, mate, you have no real understanding or input to offer, and rely on faux intellectual cynicism as a means to make others think you actually participated in the conversation. Even the misguided left wing loons here at least talk about the topic itself. Youcant even do that! You are quite literally the single biggest intellectual poser on the forum board. You offer quite literally nothing to an adult discussion. You seem only to chime in for attention, so as to be perceived as being informed about the topic everyone else is ACTUALLY discussin.

Anyhow mate, even if your drivel were correct and I were the chap you claim me to be, based on your apparent positions, you have absolutely no problem with me leeching off you 100%. You make money and I dont, right? So it is your obligation to share with me. Hey, thats your position mate, not mine. Dont blame me when Im withdrawing 20s you earned and shovin em down a broads g string at 3 in the mornin. Youre the one who ardently defends such a notion.

And why? Because you literally never have any idea what youre talking about, and yet for some reason you still talk.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick

Mate.
    Starface,
    I refuse to read any of your posts, let alone this wall of text, as long as you continue posting with this tremendously annoying gimmick. I'm all for changing things up every now and then and I'm confident you've had gimmicks in the past that I didn't realize were you and I found them entertaining and worthwhile.

However, your keeping on with this Mick Jagger thing even though you know it is absolutely awful is just thick-headed.

If you want to have an honest political discussion as we've had many times in the past, I'm more than willing to engage... But not until you leave the nonsense "mate" stuff behind.

Sincerely,
    RBA