Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Josh McRoberts Declares for NBA Draft

ST. LOUIS -- Duke sophomore Josh McRoberts will make himself eligible for the NBA Draft, a source with knowledge of the situation told CBS SportsLine.com on Thursday morning.

McRoberts has not yet hired an agent, the source said. But the 6-10 forward isn't expected to simply test the process, meaning it's likely his career with the Blue Devils is complete, barring a drastic change of plans.

McRoberts was considered a high lottery pick after last season before choosing to return. But without J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams surrounding him, the versatile talent from Indiana did not flourish the way many expected, and it's possible he'll be selected later this June than he would've in last year's draft.

McRoberts averaged 13.0 points, 7.9 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game this season. Duke lost in the first round of the NCAA Tournament to Virginia Commonwealth last week.
    Not a bad move, since his stock has dropped pretty much every yr since he graduated high school.

Banned

Default Re: Josh McRoberts Declares for NBA Draft

guy's garbage. if he didn't know he was garbage he would wait until next year to prove himself and go in a thinner draft. the fact that he's declaring now means he knows he'll just continue to be exposed in college.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Is it a good move in such a deep draft that is anticipated?

Local High School Star

I'm guessing he gets drafted late second round.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I hate Josh McRoberts....I've never wished an injury on anyone...but if I was going to....

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    guy's garbage. if he didn't know he was garbage he would wait until next year to prove himself and go in a thinner draft. the fact that he's declaring now means he knows he'll just continue to be exposed in college.
    Yep, but you'd rather get exposed while getting paid millions than to get exposed in college. Plus, I doubt he's too excited at the prospect of playing with Paulus another yr

This is a terrible move. Needs a year to regain his rep and go in a thinner class.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Yep, but you'd rather get exposed while getting paid millions than to get exposed in college. Plus, I doubt he's too excited at the prospect of playing with Paulus another yr
    He's already been exposed in college, that's the problem.

Do you guys realize who is potentially coming out in the 2008 draft? McRoberts is a potential lottery pick. Whereas in 2008? He'd be lucky to go...and you're gonna assume he steps his game up. Well him stepping his game up is gonna have to be avg a double double, being a player of the year candidate and leading Duke back into the top rankings. Also gonna have to make an impact via ACC tourney and NCAA 64 tourney. After all that is typed you guys tell me how realistic that is of him to do. Then we go back to the potential players who could declare for the draft next year in 2008.

It was a smart move because he cant have a duplicate season again next draft and luck out by going lottery which as crazy as it may sound could happen. Let me see Josh Mcroberts the junior at Duke or K.State Bill Walker and/or Micheal Beasley?

I dont see how he could help himself moreso than hurt himself by staying. To me he was a bit overrated in his talent so he might as well cash in his chips while the going is good.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Do you all think NBA talent scouts will be fooled if we all are not fooled?

id love for him to fall to dallas the end of the first(actually beginning of second since we dont have a first). not quite as much as id love for acie law to fall to dallas but still(neither has any prayer of happening though)
    Last edited by raiderfan19; 03-22-2007 at 04:44 PM.

[QUOTE=SoCalMike]Do you all think NBA talent scouts will be fooled if we all are not fooled?

You're a fool if you think there are no scouts and gm's in the nba who arent fools.

He's not a horrible player. Shouldn't be a lotery pick but there have been worse players taken in the first round...

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    He's not a horrible player. Shouldn't be a lotery pick but there have been worse players taken in the first round...
    hoffa, joe forte and so on....

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

He's a solid player.

He could stand to improve his shooting range for the NBA but he's a smart offensive player and has the athleticism to stay in the NBA.

He'll go mid 1st round, between 16-20 IMO.