Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #16
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

tweedy bird loc has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: The Hockey Playoff Race Is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Correction, Dan Cloutier was a Choke Artist, Luogno changes the whole outlook for the playoffs.

I like the Canucks, but you cant blame Cloutier for what happened. he played well for them. Nobody on that team would step up in the playoffs. This year they should at least get to the conference finals, with Luongo being better than any goalie in the league.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #17
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedy bird loc
I like the Canucks, but you cant blame Cloutier for what happened. he played well for them. Nobody on that team would step up in the playoffs. This year they should at least get to the conference finals, with Luongo being better than any goalie in the league.

Can't blame the goalie. The defense collapsed. That's how they lost to Calgary in '04.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Can't blame the goalie. The defense collapsed. That's how they lost to Calgary in '04.

In which Cloutier let in a bunch of tick tacky goals. Routine point shots, giving bad bounces, I don't think the defences collapsed at all. Cloutier was great in the regular season, but suck azz during playoff time.

Last edited by hateraid : 03-16-2007 at 03:15 PM.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #19
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Wow, Pistol, you liste dthe whole West side of the bracket as contenders.
Pittsburg is a fun team to cheer for and I bet thier fans are pumped to here that the team is staying. They got alot of energy in Pittsburg. But i do see a Buffalo/Vancouver finals. Vancouver is playing unbeleivable hockey right now, although they do have the reputation of choking as well. Who knows, Vancouver may falter and end up in 7th and face Detriot first round. That would be scary.

I think the entire West side is a contender, I think anyone could win that side. I like a team like Vancouver because they have great defense and Luongo in net, if they can score, they'll be tough to beat. Even teams at the bottom like Calgary, there unstoppable at home and if they can steal one on the road, could win a series. The West is really strong, anyone could take it.

The East is much weaker in my opinion, I'd say there are only two true contenders, Buffalo and New Jersey, but I could see Ottawa and Pittsburgh making some noise.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #20
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Cost effectiveness isn't the reason for the different schedule.

They altered the schedule to give teams more in division games. They almost changed it this year, but decided not to.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #21
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
Cost effectiveness isn't the reason for the different schedule.

They altered the schedule to give teams more in division games. They almost changed it this year, but decided not to.

Oh no, Bettman got to you too.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #22
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I think the entire West side is a contender, I think anyone could win that side. I like a team like Vancouver because they have great defense and Luongo in net, if they can score, they'll be tough to beat.

Well their defence actually kinda sucks... Theyve allowed so many shots on Luongo its getting a little out of hand, not to mention the injury-plagued Sami Salo.
Not that I'm saying Canucks suck or anything, infact theyre an incredible team but they could be better with more defence, also too bad about Anson Carter on the Sedin brothers line too, shoulda found a way to keep him on the roster he did great with those twins
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #23
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
Well their defence actually kinda sucks... Theyve allowed so many shots on Luongo its getting a little out of hand, not to mention the injury-plagued Sami Salo.
Not that I'm saying Canucks suck or anything, infact theyre an incredible team but they could be better with more defence, also too bad about Anson Carter on the Sedin brothers line too, shoulda found a way to keep him on the roster he did great with those twins

Couldn't be worse than what the Panthers aloud on him. So, this may be a peice of cake for him.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #24
tweedy bird loc
I brick open layups

tweedy bird loc has an OK reputation so far

Sometimes when I go to an open ice stick and puck (shoot around), people look at me funny.
tweedy bird loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: