Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Sniper Elite V2

Anybody got the game yet? Awesome game!! Easily the best and most realistic sniper game i ever played.... the bulletcam is just sooooo sexy
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Sniper Elite V2

lol.. nobody?

Well i just finished the game... if you took away the awesome bullet ballistics and x-ray cam you will notice the gameplay is rather boring, very repetitive with the dumbest enemies ever...
Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Does it have multiplayer at all?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You went from awesome game to boring, repetitive
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, Im playing on hardest difficultly and Im stuck...
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You went from awesome game to boring, repetitive

It was a first impression of 1 hour of gameplay i had and it is awesome imo, the bullet ballistics & x-ray cam... thats the main thing making me say that...

It is a great game imo... but not perfect either...

My biggest disappointment is that despite this game being such a HARDCORE Sniping simulator there is no long distance sniping........ which is absolutely mindbogling to me... you get max ~300 meter shots.... and most of the killings are close combat, you dont even need a sniper rifle for that...... Hell, in BattleField 3 i headshotted somebody from 1554 meters with Sniper and thats not even a devoted Sniper game even tho its pretty realistic ballistics and so on itself....

In reality Snipers dont get any closer than 300 meters.... Sniping is all about distance/stealth......

Last edited by pauk : 05-08-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best headshot I've gotten on bf3 is like 184.

Granted, I just started sniping not too long ago. But still.

I played the demo of this game, and liked it. Thought it was a fun game. But not a $60 worth one. Might pick it up at 20-25
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
pauk
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Best headshot I've gotten on bf3 is like 184.

hehe... there is even guys who do those record shots for a living, you can get headshots up to like 3500 meters on BF3 (but that is almost impossible).... ridicilous bullet drop from that range, you have to aim at the moon and with luck maybe you can hit the guy...

1000-2000 meters is easier tho! Just take one of the bolt action snipers with bipod & 12x scope and find the highest mountain where you can see almost the entire world, blend in with the bushes there somewhere... then just pick your target (another sniper is a good target as they stand still, you can spot them because of their scope reflection) and then just start compensating for bullet drop... aim way above the enemy, fire away one shot and hold down mouse2/zoom button to see where the bullet lands.... now just remember how high/low you fired of the shot (using the mildots on the crosshair) and then aim higher/lower accordingly until the bullet lands on target.......

What i usually do is fire of a couple of shots BEFORE an enemy is there just so i can setup the correct bulletdrop estimation... then i wait and so as soon as one enemy comes there at that range, boom HS...

Next time you do this you will remember the exact bulletdrop estimation at that range so it will be easier to kill somebody.... so you could say long distance shooting has alot to do with experience.... you start remembering/anticipating the bulletdrop at every range... from 200 to 400 to 800 to 1500 to 3000...

Last edited by pauk : 05-08-2012 at 02:28 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: