Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: What if Lakers got LeBron James in 2014?

LOL.

What would be amazing is if Kobe and Gasol resign for one more year, vet's minimum.

Nash, Kobe, Lebron, Gasol, Dwight

Made that high school varsity squad

I wouldn't put past them... Lakers seem get who they want most of the time..

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    LOL.

What would be amazing is if Kobe and Gasol resign for one more year, vet's minimum.

Nash, Kobe, Lebron, Gasol, Dwight
    i think nash will retire. he would be like 41 or 42. he wouldnt start, imo.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    How is that any different from him staying in Miami? The "good stay good" still in that case, right?
    The Lakers have been bad for like 9% of their history vs 70% of Miami's. I meant historically good not currently good.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Lakers fans will suddenly appear to expand as Heat fans will suddenly appear to decrease...

That's the problem with stans, they dont care what team a player is playing for they will pretend to be a fan of any team as long as their hero is on it. A lot of new accounts will be made by the wave of new "Lakers fans" (Old Lebron Heat) fans. Just like after the "Decision" magically there was a lot less Cavs fans and a ton of new Heat fans coming out of the woodwork with Lebron/Heat related accounts... Kobe fans disguised as Laker fans might continue to talk trash about Lebron or simply disappear altogether for a while so from the outside NBA world it might look like Laker fans are at war with each other for a but in truth it will be Lebron/Kobe stans both looking confused as hell about how to identify with their "team" because neither actually gives a sh*t about the Lakers.
    See Exhibit A:

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Well, for Lebron fans who follow and root only for Lebron and are not bound to any particular team(like myself), it wouldn't be such a big deal. We would just cheer for Lebron and his new team.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    The Lakers have been bad for like 9% of their history vs 70% of Miami's. I meant historically good not currently good.
    That 9% was literally '92 - '97

Miami hasn't been THAT bad. They were consistently in the playoffs through out the 90's. Were great under Riley. They were competing for ECF / Finals type situations.

Were favorites for awhile with a stacked roster in the early 2000s before Zo got hurt and had his kidney thing.

They were dominant in the mid 2000s. Were bad for a couple seasons, then were in the playoffs again. And once again great / dynasty caliber starting the next decade

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    That 9% was literally '92 - '97

Miami hasn't been THAT bad. They were consistently in the playoffs through out the 90's. Were great under Riley. They were competing for ECF / Finals type situations.

Were favorites for awhile with a stacked roster in the early 2000s before Zo got hurt and had his kidney thing.

They were dominant in the mid 2000s. Were bad for a couple seasons, then were in the playoffs again. And once again great / dynasty caliber starting the next decade
    I mean they're not as bad as half of the rest of the league but they're still not elite in terms of franchise history (although that will change if this turns into a dynasty). I don't think LeBron will leave Miami, and if he does it won't be to LA IMO but I've been wrong before. I just don't see the benefit to it.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan24
    See Exhibit A:

Except I never pretended to be a fan of any team. I don't post much, but I said many times that Lebron is my favourite player and I would cheer for any team he plays for.

So you fail

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

laker fans are some of the most delusional people you will ever meet and not that intelligent. They think that everyone wants to play for them. Reality doesn't work like that. Anything for publicity. They try to grab anything out of their ass. Next: Kyrie Irving will replace Steve Nash in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    laker fans are some of the most delusional people you will ever meet and not that intelligent. They think that everyone wants to play for them. Reality doesn't work like that. Anything for publicity. They try to grab anything out of their ass. Next: Kyrie Irving will replace Steve Nash in 2014.
    Doubt that. Kyrie Irving is on record saying that he has always dreamed of playing for the Cavs ever since he was in elementary school. imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Doubt that. Kyrie Irving is on record saying that he has always dreamed of playing for the Cavs ever since he was in elementary school. imagine that.
    When was that?

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Hope Kryie makes the next level this year and starts making noise.

College star

I'm not sure if you started it Jeff, but this Bron to LA thing is all over Twitter right now

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I'm not sure if you started it Jeff, but this Bron to LA thing is all over Twitter right now

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not sure how it wold affect me if he left, so he maybe becomes a Laker... great for him.... .... you are confusing me with some typical fanboy that will bandwagon around and/or team fanboy that will get butthurt if he leaves..... i am no Miami Heat fan, i wasnt a team fan since the 90s (Indiana Pacers)... and yes i do like Lebrons game very much and of course i would like for him to succeed hence i would like for his team to succeed...
    You're the very definition of a LeBron "fanboy" or LeBron "stan". Your obsession with LeBron goes beyond that of a typical fan and into the really creepy range.

but that is as far as it goes... same goes for Durant, Ray Allen, Wade, CP3, Nash, Kidd and a bunch of other players whos games i like very much.... I am simply a big basketball fan first and foremost, i soak it all in, the only thing i "dickride" is basketball...
    Dude, no one that's been around ISH the last few years is buying this bullshit nonsense. I've seen you give Durant numerous backhand compliments at any hint of someone saying he's as good as LeBron. "I like Durant's as a player and like his game...BUT he's not as complete of a player as LeBron. He's basically just a shooter."

You couldn't care less if Ray Allen, Durant, Wade, CP3, Nash, etc. ever win a title.

Give me one instance where i have been "degrading" other players that are being said in the same sentence with Lebron?
    If we could just go to your profile and look at your posts, I could more-or-less just close my eyes, scroll down, and find such a post at whatever random spot I stop.

You just try to hide these types of posts by leading in with the "I like this player's game and love watching him play" lead-in before handing out a backhanded compliment or two or three.

I use only logical/factual/objective assessments.... if you say for example that Durant is the best player in the world i will strongly disagree and present you those logical/factual/objective assessments to prove you why that is wrong.... does that mean i degrade Durant in this case (hell, i love Durants game, what would i gain from that agenda unless i was a stan kiddie?) or correct an incorrect statement? There is a difference....
    You mean like the "logical/factual/objective assessment" where you stated LeBron was a better passer than Larry Bird by using APG numbers and cherry picked Youtube videos? Yes, that argument was flawless and very objective.

I can't recall one conversation or argument (that I've seen) involving LeBron in which you've been objective.
    Last edited by KG215; 10-18-2012 at 03:08 PM.