Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    18 and 14 for the season. lakers dickeaters still mad that dwight went away because kobe is a rape cancer and a bad teammate.

Straight up killing these trolls

Howard was NOT the reason the Rockets lost last night. You've got to give props where it is due, and he had a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by themurph
    The truth is as a Bulls fan who has little invested in Houston, Howard is anchoring a team with the worse defensive players he has ever played with...

You can't throw out stats without the understanding of just who Howard is playing with....Harden is an exceptional talent...But he is arguably the worst defensive SG in the league...Then you look at the 2 and 3 position and it's the same thing....Lin, while an offensive spark, gets beat a lot by his man...Parsons is a very solid player who can drop 20 in his sleep, but again on defense he is lacking...

So what you are left with is Dwight Howard being the only defensive force on the team as the center...You can't expect the man to play D in the paint AND on the perimeter...

Again, Howard is a lot of things...But the blame game with this dude has become over the top...

What people need to be having issue with is how Kevin Mchale coaches down the stretch of tight games and the fact that the Rockets' perimeter defense is horrible...
    Parsons is an excellent man to man defender.

Banned

The truth is as a Bulls fan who has little invested in Houston, Howard is anchoring a team with the worse defensive players he has ever played with...

You can't throw out stats without the understanding of just who Howard is playing with....Harden is an exceptional talent...But he is arguably the worst defensive SG in the league...Then you look at the 2 and 3 position and it's the same thing....Lin, while an offensive spark, gets beat a lot by his man...Parsons is a very solid player who can drop 20 in his sleep, but again on defense he is lacking...

So what you are left with is Dwight Howard being the only defensive force on the team as the center...You can't expect the man to play D in the paint AND on the perimeter...

Again, Howard is a lot of things...But the blame game with this dude has become over the top...

What people need to be having issue with is how Kevin Mchale coaches down the stretch of tight games and the fact that the Rockets' perimeter defense is horrible...
    good points here, in Orlando we didn't have the best defenders around him but SVG stressed defence and didn't let people slack off

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Howard was NOT the reason the Rockets lost last night. You've got to give props where it is due, and he had a good game.
    He's also a reason why they didn't win.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I already know you've watched games. Just based off of everything you just typed. I love my team, but you're spot on. I agree with you 1000000%
    Thanks..

I go back to the fact that their are a lot of younger heads on this board...I say that a lot because it explains the somewhat over the top (and at times delusional) posts that frequently pop up around here...

I get it...When I was younger I would just throw things out and see where it sticks....

But not everything can be pinned down by agendas...

Thanks..

I go back to the fact that their are a lot of younger heads on this board...I say that a lot because it explains the somewhat over the top (and at times delusional) posts that frequently pop up around here...

I get it...When I was younger I would just throw things out and see where it sticks....

But not everything can be pinned down by agendas...
    Youth doesn't have much to do with it imo. The youngest on here (me, shade, and SPK) are some of the most level-headed while grown men (Silkk, Tony, 9er) spend their lives here trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bella
    Parsons is an excellent man to man defender.
    Who I see getting beat off the dribble more than a few times...

But the real issue is Harden/Lin/and H's PF (whoever it is at the moment) are below average to horrible defenders...

Depending on Howard to cover your mistakes is one thing...Having horrible perimeter D that's like a swinging gate can make even Mount Motumbo look mortal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Youth doesn't have much to do with it imo. The youngest on here (me, shade, and SPK) are some of the most level-headed while grown men (Silkk, Tony, 9er) spend their lives here trolling.

lol...those folks u named are professional TROLLS though....

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    18 and 14 for the season. lakers dickeaters still mad that dwight went away because kobe is a rape cancer and a bad teammate.
    This is probably one of the most nonsensical posts I've seen on this messageboard. Congrats for being an absolute dip shit.

And I don't think you can put the game on Howard unless I'm missing something that he did to cost his team the game.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

weren't u exposed as some 30 year old+ man with anime girl fetish pretending to be a teenager on a basketball forum?

Parsons is NOT an excellent man to man defender...he's pretty much just about average on defense...and his smaller frame makes him easy to move around down low.

Rockets perimeter D is just horrible. Opposing guards always seem to have career nights against them. Ellis scored his season against them last night.

Beverley is a great on ball defender but he's pretty bad at getting around screens. Lin is better around screens, but he can be beat off the dribble.

And Harden...holy crap...where do you even start with this guy? I seriously think that if they replaced Harden with even an AVERAGE defender, the Rockets' perimeter D would improve drastically. He is just pathetic.

Another thing the Rockets lack is a second, dependable rebounder. When Howard goes up to block shots, there's no one else to grab the board. Parsons is one of the "athletic" rebounders where he comes flying in for boards, but doesn't usually put a body on a man. I'm hoping Terrance Jones can be that second rebounder the Rockets need.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    weren't u exposed as some 30 year old+ man with anime girl fetish pretending to be a teenager on a basketball forum?
    when was i exposed? i'm 15.

Banned

hey empire how much negs you get everytime you make one of these threads?

Anyone see Harden play defense? No? Point proven.