Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Isnt Kobe kindof exaggerating?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Big men do become demoralized when they see guards jacking up shots, its not just for Dwight.
    Who else? I don't recall any other post players given a pass in this league for defense based on only getting the second most touches in the league.

KG always plays defense
    Tim Duncan always plays defense
    Al Horford always plays defense
    Tyson Chandler always plays defense
    Serge Ibaka always plays defense

What would the reaction be if Chris Bosh said that his defense and rebounding suck because hes not getting enough post touches?
    Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 01-30-2013 at 01:15 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by staywhite
    Replace Kobe with LBJ on the lakers and nothing else. 3rd in the west
    While I don't disagree, there are a few factors you need to consider.

Kobe is old and can't run it like he used to. Kobe was never really a lightning quick player in the open court, he just has a good first step but he's not going to burn everyone down the court. Kobe is a much better half-court player than he is on a fast break.

Now that the offense has slowed down, if we had played this way since the beginning of the season, the Lakers might be 3rd or 4th in the West.

Just try and think about Kobe's skillset. He's a fantastic mid-range player and an amazing post player. That's a recipe for a great player in a slower paced, half court offense.

Lebron is built to run it. He is tremendous on fast breaks, possibly the best in the league. He is probably the strongest finisher in the NBA thanks to his size and athleticism, and he's still young.

Big men do become demoralized when they see guards jacking up shots, its not just for Dwight.
    look at this dummy

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    While I don't disagree, there are a few factors you need to consider.

Kobe is old and can't run it like he used to. Kobe was never really a lightning quick player in the open court, he just has a good first step but he's not going to burn everyone down the court. Kobe is a much better half-court player than he is on a fast break.

Now that the offense has slowed down, if we had played this way since the beginning of the season, the Lakers might be 3rd or 4th in the West.

Just try and think about Kobe's skillset. He's a fantastic mid-range player and an amazing post player. That's a recipe for a great player in a slower paced, half court offense.

Lebron is built to run it. He is tremendous on fast breaks, possibly the best in the league. He is probably the strongest finisher in the NBA thanks to his size and athleticism, and he's still young.

Learning to shoot layups staywhite's Avatar

So... when they win its kobe system? when they get crushed its everyone elses fault?

WOOOWWWW!!!

some of you kids still think it's just about BBALL....a simple sport?

Look into the minds eye....go deeper then the physical/ surface and look into the spiritual..

Traits of a Alpha!

The Alpha male is stubborn. When he starts something he

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by staywhite
    So... when they win its kobe system? when they get crushed its everyone elses fault?
    No, we're winning now because we have everyone back and we've slowed down the offense.

Kobe playing like this helps a lot too, but mostly to get Dwight's head into the game. Dwight is so much more intense defensively now that he's getting his touches and the rest of the players seem to have more energy defensively now that the offense has slowed down. We're an old team.

Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    This Recent Run of Success playing Unselfish team ball by Kobe makes him look even worse IMO. If he Played like this all along Lakers would be a top 3 seed in the west. KObe being a Ball hog and Selfish didn't Work so He and the team decided to try a different approach and right now it is working. Kobe scoring and Shots down but his Assists WAY up and team is winning. Will be interesting if they lose a couple games i a row if he reverts back to his old form or he stays the course the rest of the season playing like this ?
    Jesus Christ! This is a stupid post. It doesn't matter if Kobe played team ball or take 40 shots every game. It's their team defense and turnovers that's the root of their problems. Get it through your head and watch the games. Just don't watch the televised games or look at the stats.

Local High School Star Basketbolero's Avatar

This Recent Run of Success playing Unselfish team ball by Kobe makes him look even worse IMO. If he Played like this all along Lakers would be a top 3 seed in the west. KObe being a Ball hog and Selfish didn't Work so He and the team decided to try a different approach and right now it is working. Kobe scoring and Shots down but his Assists WAY up and team is winning. Will be interesting if they lose a couple games i a row if he reverts back to his old form or he stays the course the rest of the season playing like this ?
    This guy is ridiculous.

Don't worry, we get it, you hate Kobe.

7-time NBA All-Star

3rd in the West? It's a 3 game winning streak. I seriously doubt they'd be better than the Spurs, Thunder or Clippers.

You make their problems sound a lot more simple than they are. Who thought Kobe would be the primary facilitator over Nash, especially once D'Antoni took over? A huge difference now is that they're no longer running the up-tempo system D'Antoni forced on them.

But with Gasol out 13 games and Nash out for 24, you really think it was so simple? Not to mention the coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    It's funny, while I love the way Nashbe is playing right now, I feel like he's doing it to "babysit" Dwight to wins.

It's kinda sickening. Kobe never had to do this with Bynum on the squad... but look at Dwight's defensive intensity once Kobe starts passing. If anything, Dwight was the one pouting his way to touches, and now that he has them, is willing to play defense.
    I agree with most of what you said, but not the part about Bynum. Bynum constantly bitched about touches, and rarely played the type of defense he was capable of. The one time he really played the way that was best for the team was after the all-star break in 2011, when he focused on defending and rebounding and was maybe the 5th option and exclusively a finisher offensively. He was great defensively, and I've never seen him play defense at that same level for an extended stretch.

Bynum is being glorified now because Dwight has been such a disappointment, but he was far from a model teammate who constantly played hard and had a good attitude. I've seen a ton of Laker fans do a complete 180 when it comes to Bynum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    WOOOWWWW!!!

some of you kids still think it's just about BBALL....a simple sport?

Look into the minds eye....go deeper then the physical/ surface and look into the spiritual..

Traits of a Alpha!

The Alpha male is stubborn. When he starts something he’s passionate about, no one can stop him or pull back on the reigns. He’s in it until the end. He’s also open-minded and willing to listen to other points of view. He knows he’s flawed and stubborn, so he gives way and learns from people. ( It took awhile for Kobes stubborness to give....he's just so damn Alpha)

An Alpha male is a Problem Solver. In a company or organization, he will always be put in a challenging position and because of this, he will be highly regarded and compensated. He will always be the best at what he does.

A True Alpha male is not bossy. Not at all. He likes to listen to others’ opinions. If he is in a position of leadership he will let everyone share their thoughts and collectively find the solution. That’s why his co- workers love him! His team always wins.

Alpha males Demonstrate Strength. The kind of strength that will make a woman believe that she is safe with him and that he can protect her when it comes to that. Women are generally the weaker sex, and always look for comfort in Alpha males; men who are dominant.

Alpha males talk slowly. They never rush things, they are always in control. They have a way of having there audience eat at their every word. They know they are important and when they talk they command this importance.

They walk slowly, not not lazily. There is a difference. Alpha males are very controlled people. They are not always in a rush like everyone else. An Alpha male will be very disciplined to be on time or earlier for a meeting and well prepared. He will therefor have enough time to observe and think through his strategy
    Howard continues to play like he always played, getting more touches and not caring about his free throws, Kobe had to reinvent himself and drastically modify his game... yes he is the Alpha male in here.

If there was any doubt that Kobe is a epic ring chaser, it's gone, dude is willing to be Howard's bitch as long he gets another ring.
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 01-30-2013 at 04:09 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Howard continues to play like he always played, getting more touches and not caring about his free throws
    You think this is how Howard played in Orlando? That's simply not true.

Some very valid points, like i said i love what Kobe is doing right now, dont get me wrong... but i just think as the type of scorer he is (one of the very few best scorers i ever seen and he still is arguably the best scorer in the NBA) restraining that ability to such extent in order to maky everybody happy (not just his teammates) is just not fair against his natural game and tremendous scoring ability, it might not be good for the Lakers in the longrun if he is gona continue to take only ~10 FGA.... But ofcourse its only 3 games so far, every game is different... I am just over-analyzing i guess :P

Kiddlovestocheatandbeathiswifeandduiis

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Kiddlovestocheatandbeathiswifeandduiis
    lol what you dummy? Btw its time to change your user title from 'the playoffs?' to 'no playoffs'.