Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Bledsoe = Mini Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I think both teams are the best benches in the NBA and this game may be preseason but it doesn't mean the teams didn't play hard. Neither of these benches had trouble having a slugfest this game and if anything both benches will IMPROVE come regular season time after everybody plays into shape.

The sooner you stop focusing in on the Clippers not being one of the deepest or deepest team in the NBA, the sooner you can focus on if your team can even get that 8 seed.
    I never said they weren't one of the deepest. I said they weren't the deepest and they have some huge question marks and a roster that isn't very balanced. As far as the Jazz go they are certainly much improved but it might not be enough to make the playoffs again in the west as long as Al is there holding them back at both ends. I bet he kills it in their pre-season opener though!

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    I never said they weren't one of the deepest. I said they weren't the deepest and they have some huge question marks and a roster that isn't very balanced. As far as the Jazz go they are certainly much improved but it might not be enough to make the playoffs again in the west as long as Al is there holding them back at both ends. I bet he kills it in their pre-season opener though!
    I think they are very balanced. I think there are a lot of question marks as well and never said that wasn't the case. Thing is even if you only have let's say Crawford+Bledsoe+Odom carrying your bench and the rest scrubs that's 3 starting caliber players. Crawford and Bledsoe alone will destroy teams this year.

Bledsoe also the first one to wear Lebron X in a game this season lol.

Banned

Will Bledsoe score more PPG than CF86 makes Bledsoe TPW (Threads per week)?

I think they are very balanced. I think there are a lot of question marks as well and never said that wasn't the case. Thing is even if you only have let's say Crawford+Bledsoe+Odom carrying your bench and the rest scrubs that's 3 starting caliber players. Crawford and Bledsoe alone will destroy teams this year.
    Having undersized shooting guards, aging, injury prone 3's and little in the middle isn't what I'd call balanced but that's just me I guess.You're assuming Odom and Crawford don't continue to suck. And it certainly wouldn't make you make you deep with Billups, Hill, and Butler's injury history thrown in.

Im excited, drafted him into one of my teams as a second last roster slot in the hopes it can pay off.

Banned

you need to remember youre not a regular season team anymore. if ur counting on barnes and crawford and odom in the playoffs at this point ur ****ed. but i agree, its great for the reg season.

all of these guys become bums when the pressure is on. if bledsoe really is legit he will chose his first year anyways. so u have blake and cp3, just like last year.

I do think the Clippers might be too deep. They have 4 SF's. It's ridiculous. And it's worth considering a trade for Caron Butler. I also don't like the Crawford pick-up. Running Chauncey and Bledsoe with the 2nd unit seems a great idea. Running Chauncey as a SG just sounds stupid.

I could make the case that Bledsoe should play SG, but with a PG as ball-dominant as Chris Paul, it's arguable. But again, it's better than Billups playing SG.

I wanna see Bledsoe play tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I do think the Clippers might be too deep. They have 4 SF's. It's ridiculous. And it's worth considering a trade for Caron Butler. I also don't like the Crawford pick-up. Running Chauncey and Bledsoe with the 2nd unit seems a great idea. Running Chauncey as a SG just sounds stupid.

I could make the case that Bledsoe should play SG, but with a PG as ball-dominant as Chris Paul, it's arguable. But again, it's better than Billups playing SG.

Billups as a combo guard off the bench makes more sense than him as a starting two that's for sure.

its just a pre-season game.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115

Butler, Hill, Barnes. Just curious on who the 4th SF is? Leslie? Odom?

Chauncey as a shooting guard might seem stupid in theory but the Clippers were doing pretty well last season and if it fails, they can just plug Green/Bleds/Crawford as the starter instead. Hell, they can even go with a big line-up and start Butler & Hill/Barnes together though the spacing would be atrocious.

I agree with exploring a trade for Butler, but who will take on his 2/16 contract? Charlotte for Tyrus? Milwaukee for Gooden? Seems to be the only plausible options UNLESS San Antonio believes Butler is a nice upgrade over Jackson, then I can potentially see a Butler for SJax type of swap, though it doesn't do much for the Clips. How about a Butler + 2014 Pick Swap Option + Leslie for Jackson + Blair + 2013 2nd?

Billups + Bledsoe is something I can live with but want to see how Billups does as a starter. If he continues last years play, I don't mess with it. I mean, Bledsoe's biggest flaw is his lack of offensive awareness/true point guard skills but with guys like Hill, Odom, Crawford also coming off the bench, it'll be easier to hide Bleds deficiencies.

but really. where will he get the minutes when everyone is healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    but really. where will he get the minutes when everyone is healthy?
    About 12 minutes behind Paul, spot minutes at the two depending on how everything is going. Vinny loves playing small ball as well with 3-guard lineups, so there goes a few more minutes there. I see him getting about 18 a night. Another Darren Collison situation, as previously mentioned by someone either on this thread or another.

I personally wouldn't mind it if the Clips were able to dump Butler somewhere and did a Bleds/Paul George type of swap.

Paul - George - Hill - Griffin - Jordan
    Billups - Green - Crawford - Leslie - Barnes - Odom - Trey - Ronny - Ryan

you dont think Billups will any minutes at PG?

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    you dont think Billups will any minutes at PG?
    If he does, it'll be with Bledsoe being "in at the two"

I see it working like this, not knowing the variables (injuries/who is on fire/matchups)

PG: Paul (35) - Bledsoe (13)
    SG: Billups (20) - Crawford (20) - Barnes/Bleds/Hill/Green (8)
    SF: Butler (32) - Hill (12) - Barnes/Craw/Green/Odom (4)
    PF: Griffin (32) - Odom (12) - Hill/Barnes/Butler (4)
    CE: Jordan (28) - Odom (13) - Hollins/Griffin/Turiaf (7)