Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default The National Debt Road Trip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc

Let's try to adjust for inflation, and speak in a simple language.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The National Debt Road Trip

that was a good little clip to watch...although there are a couple things that I think could be said...

1. like you said, as long as we adjust for inflation this debt increase shouldn't matter at all to us, not at this point anyway, we are way past the point of no return...

2. how much of Obama's speeding is due to him having to clean up after Bush?

you already know where I stand on the debt in general, I think it has become a complete and total joke to the point that I just don't give a sh*t anymore...

go ahead and print up an extra $100 Trillion, I don't care, it isn't like a tax payer will ever pay a damn penny of it...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

go ahead and print up an extra $100 Trillion, I don't care, it isn't like a tax payer will ever pay a damn penny of it...

Ya know what... I see the flaw in your logic of thinking.

We have the Euro (EU).

We have the Yuan (China).

Are they going to print out mass amounts of money too?

In a Global Economy... how valuble is the U.S. dollar?

How valuble will it be in 2010?

2011?

China has 3 Trillion dollars invested in our debt... What if they cash out?

The United States of America could print out $20 trillon Dollars.... and you don't think that makes the currency in China or Europe stronger?

America is about to lose it's championship belt as being the best economy.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah it would make those others stronger...

I am not sure how important that is really...

hell if we create enough inflation then maybe the billions we owe China will start to look like pennies...
Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dooms have you looked into Eminent domain? you too -pt-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSBrjeiBP0

Last edited by DirtBag : 06-09-2009 at 07:17 AM.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:

hell if we create enough inflation then maybe the billions we owe China will start to look like pennies...

Quote:
as long as we adjust for inflation this debt increase shouldn't matter at all to us, not at this point anyway, we are way past the point of no return...

Quote:
go ahead and print up an extra $100 Trillion, I don't care,

It's comments like this that make it impossible to discuss this subject with you.

Again, watch the short video that dirtbag posted if you want any kind of idea what our debt to China equates to.

And the more inflation we create... it will make your life savings look like pennies. Not our everlasting debt to China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJu0D...eature=channel
Since were on the subject of pennies. This short video is by the same guy that made the video in the OP(1:35)
Old 06-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBag
Dooms have you looked into Eminent domain? you too -pt-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSBrjeiBP0

NOTE: This story has not been independently verified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
It's comments like this that make it impossible to discuss this subject with you.

Again, watch the short video that dirtbag posted if you want any kind of idea what our debt to China equates to.

And the more inflation we create... it will make your life savings look like pennies. Not our everlasting debt to China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJu0D...eature=channel
Since were on the subject of pennies. This short video is by the same guy that made the video in the OP(1:35)

I will admitt that if the bail outs came from borrowing from other countries it would upset me...yes...we can't just keep taking money from China...

from what I understand from reading about the debt to China and other countries though is that the majority of it is private businesses in the U.S. that have borrowed money from private busineses in China...it isn't like our government requested a huge check from them and just took it...those are somewhat private debts...

now obvioulsy this cold still be something that China gets upset about...but still

if we were ever forced to pay it off I think we would just bail out the companies that owe China by adding on to our own debt that we owe the Fed...just my guess

and the reason I keep making comments like that is just to try and get you to understand that the national debat is now just a complete freakin joke...it is silly...

you don't have to be worried about your kids, or even your grand kids having to pay it off...because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY OFF!!!...it is pretty much impossible just to pay off the freakin intrest for one year...(although the Fed did drop intrest rates to just about 0.0001%) but still
Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #8
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

America is about to lose it's championship belt as being the best economy.

not if this guy has anything to say about it:

or perhaps you could just borrow money from this guy:
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

Don't Matter who's in office.

Democrats = Republicans

THE PRESIDENT DOESN'T MAKE THE DECISIONS

http://www.infowars.com/
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #10
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
you don't have to be worried about your kids, or even your grand kids having to pay it off...because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY OFF!!!...it is pretty much impossible just to pay off the freakin intrest for one year...(although the Fed did drop intrest rates to just about 0.0001%) but still

I understand the debt will never be payed off... I get it. Our system of debt is all we have to go by right now... I'm not saying we need to stop this system of debt like Ron Paul suggests... Understand that I don't give a f*ck about the debt either... I care about how fast the debt has grown the last four years, and how fast it will grow in the near future.

I'm just looking at the amount of inflation we are gonna be hit with in the near future because we are Spending at an alarming rate now... And our only answer is to spend more?

example:

If our National Debt goes from $10 Trillion to $20 Trillion in 8 years,

Well then if you had $two million in your savings account... It would only hold the value of $One million dollars in 8 years... (if it was just Cash.)

($2mil cash + 8years = $1mil)

Am I suggesting that Inflation will Double in eight years? Yes, and I think it will more than double.

So not only do you need to find an investment plan that Can give you a 100% return in eight years just to make up for inflation, but you have to do better than that to see any real profit. Using this example of why the Government's excessive spending sucks... I want yo to tell me how anyone can be serious about having a decent retirement plan. The average American can't do it anymore..., retire comfortably that is. And the more people that can't retire... the more Demand there is for jobs.

(And don't give this Bull $hit like a $40,000 job in 2009 will pay $80,000 in 2016 because of inflation... Doesn't work that way especially when Unemployment is so high).

Last edited by Doomsday Dallas : 06-09-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

all stock prices will adjust for inflation...

all real estate will adjust for inflation...

all salaries will (should) change for it too...

everything would eventually adjust...

home owners and stock owners should see a much needed gain with inflation...

you want to know another great thing that inflation would bring???

all personal debts would shrink...

oh you owe $5k on a credit card?....suddenly that $5k doesn't look that bad at all since it is what a kid that works at TGI Fridays now gets $5k from tip money on a weekend...
Old 06-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #12
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:

(And don't give this Bull $hit like a $40,000 job in 2009 will pay $80,000 in 2016 because of inflation... Doesn't work that way especially when Unemployment is so high).
dude, there are plenty of places of employment that adjust their employees salary every year based on what the inflation was for that year...

usually 3%-5% every year...they get that raise regardless

most companies don't do that, but in the long run they are still forced to make up for it or the will lose their employees to companies that do offer more...

you can't keep paying a guy $40k a year when that is what minimum wage has become...
Old 06-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #13
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
dude, there are plenty of places of employment that adjust their employees salary every year based on what the inflation was for that year...

usually 3%-5% every year...they get that raise regardless

most companies don't do that, but in the long run they are still forced to make up for it or the will lose their employees to companies that do offer more...

you can't keep paying a guy $40k a year when that is what minimum wage has become...

You know... that might be of been the case in the past... All I'm saying is that it won't be in the near future.

Right now we are obviously in a period of deflation... I don't know what the what the inflation rate for 2009 will look like...

But I'm pretty certain in 2010 we could see 5% or 6% (Because that's when the bulk of Obama's stimulus plan gets dumped into the economy)

And your trying to act as if a high inflation rate isn't that bad. SO what would you suggest is too high?

5%?

10%?

what about 15%?

And again.... These numbers keep growing way too fast.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 06-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #14
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

just by looking at that chart yo uposted it seems to me that we need to start hitting 10% inflation soon just so that we can finish with the average 3% for the year...

and if we finish 2009 less than 1% then that means for us to keep on track we could use like 6%-7% in all of 2010...

too much inflation to me would be in the 15%-20% range...and even then I am not sure it would scare me because I would see a 15%-20% increase in the value of my home...and any debts that I could have would decrease 15%-20%...
Old 06-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #15
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
j

too much inflation to me would be in the 15%-20% range...and even then I am not sure it would scare me because I would see a 15%-20% increase in the value of my home...and any debts that I could have would decrease 15%-20%...

15% inflation?

you would be cool with this in 2010?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: