Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-16-2018, 10:08 AM   #31
iamgine

Default Re: Would you be fine raising your kid gender neutral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
My friend who was trying to have a kid with his wife just found out that she wants to raise the kid with this mindset and he's really struggling with it. I'm not sure what advice to give him...For instance if I had a daughter I wouldn't shove what is perceived to be girly shit in her face like the color pink, barbies etc. If anything I want more of a tom boy lol. So in that respect it would be neutral...But she wants to take it to the point where you can only use they/them etc etc. Is this just creating a nice opening/soft target for bullying?

I know a lot of people who practice this believe that from 0-4 they're a "theyby", and then at the age of 4 they let them decide...What kind of life decisions were you capable of making at that age? Wouldn't it just be easier to tell your kid the biological truth but tell them they can do w.e the **** they want to do? Rather than letting your boy think he's a girl only to be mind ****ed finding out he has something they don't? Or maybe he wouldn't give a shit
I'm not sure why this is a big deal. Tell your friend to man up and raise hell with her. They'll come to some sort compromise, like only being neutral in toys or something.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:12 AM   #32
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I donít see how you would pull this off even if you were insane enough to try. A boy isnít gonna have his friends calling him ďtheyĒ when his mom isnít around.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #33
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
Every Kid is raised "gender neutral" and they still turn out to be whatever they are, liking the things associated to them.

However what that mom is doing is mental illness.

pseudo abuse. If my kid wanted to wear a dress would I flip on him, no. If he said call me she would I do it, sure.

But that's the funny thing bout 'gender' you don't have to do shit and most times people turn out to be girly if they are girls and boyish if they are boys. haha. And the outliers can do what they want. There are prob a lot of femmy sided men that aren't trannies. I mean I have a feminine side, whatbeing 'an artist' and all.' Never wanted to put on a dress. I played w/ barbies w/ my lil cousin once as a kid.

Gender neutral is dumb but like trying to make your kid super ladylike or masculine is also dumb. To me gender neutrality, from a child standpoint, would just be avoiding that. No u can't do that you're a boy. I mean, at a certain point they'll figure it out, or they'll do what they need to do. I'd be like son I support you but if you chop off your shit you will regret it.

Having a dick + being able to dress as a girl, best of both worlds.

I'd put on a dress and go out in public, as a grown ass man, in the right circumstance. It's all jokes. I think people need to respect our anatomy as humans but stop trying to box people in who don't wanna be boxed in, whether it's racial or sexist shit. People should be able to do what they can, if they want, provided it's not specifically (to me purposefully or w/ blatant disrespect/regard) harming someone else.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:58 PM   #34
AlternativeAcc.
UNBANNABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Not only am I open to your point of view but im actually rooting for it so you can prove your point.

You can be like one of the self combusting monks.

Flamer versus Flamer 🔥
Lol you are clearly a homosexual. You're not very good at hiding it.
AlternativeAcc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #35
HylianNightmare
The Magic are a trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Not that I need to defend myself but I don't consider myself a liberal in the true sense of the word, I identify Democrat more for economic reasons since I'm more socially conservative. I do not support feminism as it has gone to an extreme, nothing wrong with women being equal to men and having the same rights but these men hating dykes want all the benefits but none of the shitty parts of being seen/treated as true equals. Homosexuality sickens me but they should be treated as any other person but don't go teaching our children that it is normal because its not. Abortion is murder I do not support that. Transgenders are mentally ill people who need professional help, boys are boys and girls are girls, transsexuals need to use the bathroom of the sex they were born into, your fake vag doesn't make you a female etc etc.
This. I worked with one for almost four years and I have never met a more miserable human being no matter what good was happening in his slash and or hers life
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #36
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
Lol you are clearly a homosexual. You're not very good at hiding it.

Yes clearly. But what hurts more is that you didnít even appreciate my Kramer vs Kramer reference 😢
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: