Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jennings out of control

Did anyone else see Jennings start go hero-balling way too early in this game? He can't run an effective pick-and-roll like Bynum. He runs it, then usually ends up taking a mid-ranger (which he was hitting), but that started feeding him. And kept pulling, and pulling, and driving, and pulling.

I would have liked if they kept feeding Monroe or hell, GO BACK TO SMITH. Guy didn't even score in the second half. Not sure if he took more than 2 shots in the second half.

I hope Cheeks and Billups have a small talk with him after this game. The first streak when Monroe was on fire, Jennings started hero-balling and it was taking everyone else out of their game. The second run when he hit 3 straight buckets, I can forgive, but I don't have to like it.

Did anyone else see this or was it just me hating?

Default Re: Jennings out of control

[QUOTE=insidehoops]

Good college starter

Hopefully he can change his game in Detroit. Otherwise the Pistons might need to draft a PG.

It's happening again, but 10x more blatant this game. He is over dribbling, not using his man on the pick and roll. He's lost the ball running into crowds twice now and one of those turnovers he runs straight into Bogut, hurting himself in the process.

RUN THE BALL THROUGH MOOSE! (%@#$&%)Y&%$)Y&%)#&%_!)*$_)@*3 V_!)u84 -10283

didn't catch the Blazers game but tonight he was horrid

cant wait to get rid of him

Bynum >>>>> Jennings at this point

Josh is almost useless but at least he can crash the boards

in conclusion: this team has a long way to go

Jennings almost makes me miss Knight.... almost.

NBA lottery pick

It's apparent the Jennings isn't the guy who is going to be a distributor. I was really hoping he would get others involved more since he has talent around him. Now it's very obvious he's just going to take his shots. I'm not impressed with this team at all. My biggest fear is going to happen.... we're going to get stuck in mediocrity. The worst part is we decided to do so in one of the best drafts in over a decade. If we had that one more pick (which I really wanted and nobody else did) we'd be competing for championships.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    Hopefully he can change his game in Detroit. Otherwise the Pistons might need to draft a PG.
    How do we draft a PG?

Decent college freshman

We are 16.5 points better per 100 possessions with Jennings off the floor right now. That is just not good. The 3 bigs all have pretty solid numbers when they aren't paired with Jennings.

Smith is taking too many shots, but I can live with it. Few guys in the league can put up games like the one he put on Sacramento.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    We are 16.5 points better per 100 possessions with Jennings off the floor right now. That is just not good. The 3 bigs all have pretty solid numbers when they aren't paired with Jennings.

Smith is taking too many shots, but I can live with it. Few guys in the league can put up games like the one he put on Sacramento.
    I absolutely agree. I tried to be positive about the Jennings trade in the beginning because he still is an upgrade over Knight. As it turns out, it wasn't a big enough upgrade. I think as the season goes on it'll get better but it definitely isn't a recipe for a contending team. That's why I think once December 15th rolls around his name will be on the trading block. We need a very good PG to run this team. Our bigs are the best in the league. We are one of the best scoring teams in the paint in the NBA. Our backcourt is what's killing us. When we were contending all those years we had the best backcourt in the NBA (with Billups and Hamilton). Stuckey has been pretty good for us. We need to get another guy back there who can help us out though. There needs to be a big time trade that's made to turn the Pistons into the team they should be.

Good college starter

@dd24, The Pistons don't have a pick in 2014?

I'm sure the Pistons could land one of these guys in the draft if they decide to draft a PG.

Jahii Carson
    Russ Smith
    Shabazz Napier
    Jordan Clarkson
    Semaj Christon
    Quinn Cook

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    @dd24, The Pistons don't have a pick in 2014?

I'm sure the Pistons could land one of these guys in the draft if they decide to draft a PG.

Jahii Carson
    Russ Smith
    Shabazz Napier
    Jordan Clarkson
    Semaj Christon
    Quinn Cook
    We traded the pick to Charlotte in the Ben Gordon trade..... it's top 8 protected. I doubt we'll be that high in the lottery so our first rounder is probably gone this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus

I knew our efficiency was off with him on the court, but I did not know by that much!

And I concur. Although I cringe when Josh Smith is popping that 3, he is forced out to that range due to the way the team is built. And besides the 3-11 game, or the other games where he went 0-4, he hasn't been shooting the 3 ball at that bad of a clip.

Good college starter

@dd24, Dang, I forgot. Maybe the Pistons might luck up and get one those guys in the 2nd round of the draft or get another 1st round from another.