Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #1
J-Smoooth
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Is Shaq Worth Having?

I won with Shaq Deez 2 seasons ago when i decided to give up FT from the onset. Rode him Iverson Amare Marbury Kidd Josh Smith and others.

Does Shaq have it in him AND are there good enuff players to place him on a fantasy roster with, that have ****ty FT, to make it worth your while?

IS SHAQ WORTH HAVING???
J-Smoooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
MoBSTa_69

Default Winning with shaq

I think winning with shaq has alot to do with settings of the league, shaq don't turn the ball over alot so, he has a upside besides the Blocks, and not to mention his FG%, Shaq has many strengths for many differant catagories, when useing shaq I think you got to have at least 3 of the top ten guy's that goto the line alot and are better than 85% FT and with the rest of your team shooting well above average at the FT.

Thats my 2 cents

Last edited by MoBSTa_69 : 10-20-2006 at 12:35 AM.
MoBSTa_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:48 AM   #3
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Default .

mobsta has good points, shaqs strengths are fg%, rebounds, blocks and less turnovers. but the two problems he has are MAJOR. the first one is obviously ft%, the second is games played. shaq sits out 10-15 sometimes 20 games in a season... and sometimes when he is in games he tends to coast.

i personally avoid shaq when i am drafting, just because i dont want to deal with his quote "injuries" and his bad ft%...if you have ray allen and steve nash who are both 90%+ then having shaq might not be so bad, but from what i have learned in the past is that ft% and fg% are VERY hard categories to improve rapidly. you can trade for guys to get you points, rebounds, steals and ur points will go up, but ft% and fg% is hard to bring up.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
sizzur

Shaq can single handedly kill ur ft%. He is also turning into more of a playoff player because of his age and dead legs/feet.
sizzur is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: