Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: The overwhelming splendor and excellence of the Bible cannot be disputed

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Didnt have to scroll far.

The bible is a great book with many lessons that a lot of people could learn from and apply to their lives.
    So are Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. Just sayin...

Default Re: The overwhelming splendor and excellence of the Bible cannot be disputed

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    No that Zeitgeist BS again. A bunch of BS made up by a 19th century poet named Gerald Massey. No respected historian in the world claim those "facts" about those deities.

Read it and learn http://conspiracies.skepticproject.c...geist/part-one An article ((with all the references) made by a non christian debunking all that BS.

Even militant atheists like historian Richard Carrier and those guys from the Atheist Experience show think Zeitgeist is BS.

Example: Horus wasn't born of a virgin, on the 25th dec, a teacher at 12, he wasn't crucified, he did not ressurect, he wasn't know as the Light, God's sheperd. There were no star in the east, no 12 disciples. It's all made up by Gerald Massey (lamer in history).

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Massey

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    So are Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. Just sayin...
    lol like what and it has to be original.

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD40xi9KdqE

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
    For each video saying its not true i could find you ones that say it is, but thats beside the point if its true or not dosnt affect my views on it or beliefs so im not concerned either way

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kews1
    For each video saying its not true i could find you ones that say it is, but thats beside the point if its true or not dosnt affect my views on it or beliefs so im not concerned either way
    You made assertions full of lies and fabrications that have been exposed and refuted years ago. If you're going to make a claim, prove it. People who actually study this sort of stuff can see right through you.

Very good NBA starter

the bible is for stupid people.

those people may be good-natured folks, but they're still stupid people.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Whoever curses father or mother shall be put to death.

Oh F***

Banned

I think people should stop bothering others with what they believe in.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    No doubt that is the reason for some, but many are due to people just not wanting to give something up--hence they build a denomination that allows it
    That may be true, but it doesn't take away from the fact that this "perfect" book is subject to all sorts of subjective interpretation.

A rudimentary maths textbook is more perfect because it can only be interpreted one way, all of the time, by anyone regardless of their cultural or religious or economic background. That is kind of how I would expect the creator of the laws of the universe to write a book. Except I am expected to believe that this is his best effort? A set of identical twins with all of the same inputs will even differ in opinion on some points. I'm sorry but splendor and excellence are not words I would use to describe this derivative (because it had already been done before by people - God isn't even original in his method of delivery; prophet + book = religion) approach.

Reading the Bible should be fun. Find out people's favorite scriptures, books, verses... Discover the brilliancy behind select scripture, the message.. ask questions
    We reading the same bible? Reading playboy is fun. Bible? Not so much

...it also tells me that satan is one hell of a deceiver. (In other words..check your sources)
    Check what sources? Are you attributing every religion that came before Judaism, and from all corners of the globe to Satan? Are you saying that no other religion that was formed by a (false) prophet and had subsequent teachings either oral or written was man-made but rather inspired by Satan?

You have to remember that Christian thought has been combating criticism since its inception and it now has plenty of in-built and quite ingenious defensive mechanisms.

One is attributing other religions as products of Satan - and by engaging or thinking about them he is leading you astray.

Two is the notion that the Bible is only inspired and not dictated by God - this allows for human errors to be accounted for, alleviating your dissonance towards the fact that "something ain't quite right."
    Last edited by miller-time; 01-06-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Religion is such a huge flaw in modern society.

Just glad I wasn't brainwashed into it. Well they tried, I was just smart enough to see the fallacies

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

quick question.

I read once that the sales of the Bible and the Koran are not counted in official sales because the vast majority of those printed are given away. so the numbers on them are more what gets produced than what is sold. kinda like a record company saying 5,000,000 albums were shipped when they don't have the numbers on what sold. but they advertise. 5,000,000 sales

a lot of books sell in the hundreds of millions when you count being given away as a sale. the teachings of Mao in China for example.

Also.....

people crazy about their religion pretty much created truly widespread disdain for people different than them. people have been murdered for thousands of years for not swearing allegiance to this God or that God.

God fearers should be able to take a little harmless joking on the Internet. if all you had to deal with was one jerk on the internet for every person murdered in the name of god because of what some idiot took an old book to mean....... that seems more than fair to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    quick question.

I read once that the sales of the Bible and the Koran are not counted in official sales because the vast majority of those printed are given away. so the numbers on them are more what gets produced than what is sold. kinda like a record company saying 5,000,000 albums were shipped when they don't have the numbers on what sold. but they advertise. 5,000,000 sales

a lot of books sell in the hundreds of millions when you count being given away as a sale. the teachings of Mao in China for example.

Also.....

people crazy about their religion pretty much created truly widespread disdain for people different than them. people have been murdered for thousands of years for not swearing allegiance to this God or that God.

God fearers should be able to take a little harmless joking on the Internet. if all you had to deal with was one jerk on the internet for every person murdered in the name of god because of what some idiot took an old book to mean....... that seems more than fair to me
    What exactly is the question?