Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Default Now in Feb, is LeBron James maybe the 2010-11 NBA MVP?

I added the quotes but let's be honest here. Lebron appears to be the clear cut MVP.

I'm the biggest D Rose fan around, but Lebron is better than Rose in PPG, FG%, rebounds, steals, blocks, team wins. I think it's clear-cut.

Learning to shoot layups midnight_show's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James: " I'm the MVP"

So youve started a thread quoting Lebron James on something James has never said.

Go back to clown college.

Banned

ISH needs a troll limit!

Very good NBA starter

How can you be MVP if you have another top 3 player IN THE LEAGUE on your team AND a All-Star PF in Bosh? Seriously? That's a 55+ win/contending team even without LeBron imo.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    How can you be MVP if you have another top 3 player IN THE LEAGUE on your team AND a All-Star PF in Bosh? Seriously? That's a 55+ win/contending team even without LeBron imo.
    so kobe/lebron/wade are disqualified from mvp?

because you could say the same thing about kobe.

How can you be MVP if you have a team as loaded as the lakers (2nd best team in league on paper) and the greatest coach ever with the best front line in the Western Conference? Seriously? Thats a 50 win team even without Kobe.

Real Quote

“When we decided to come together our Most Valuable Player chances kind of went out the window,”

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    ISH needs a troll limit!
    REP UP! AGREE 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311

How can you be MVP if you have a team as loaded as the lakers (2nd best team in league on paper) and the greatest coach ever with the best front line in the Western Conference? Seriously? Thats a 50 win team even without Kobe.

face it that team would not even be over 500 without Wade

Banned

*1 stars thread*

ban request.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk
    face it that team would not even be over 500 without Wade
    lol... Lebron carried a pack of scrubs in Cleveland to 63 wins. Keep dreaming.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
    lol... Lebron carried a pack of scrubs in Cleveland to 63 wins. Keep dreaming.
    he carries them to 63 games in the season, but couldnt lead them to 16 in the playoffs

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311

i'm not sure why you're bringing kobe, but that logic is always used against him.

to me, the difference is that the heat have wade and nobody on the lakers outside of bryant is even remotely close to him. honestly, i think the lakers without kobe would go from being a legitimate contender to a very good team that would have no real chance to win it all--sorta like the hawks of the west or the utah jazz. while with the heat i think they'd still have a decent shot at the chip because of the greatness of d.wade. he's more than capable of going and putting up great playoff series and bosh would probably go back to being a 22-23/10 guy if he just had to play with wade. thats the major difference--lebron has wade.just imo. maybe im overvaluing wade but i dont think so.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

i'm not sure why you're bringing kobe, but that logic is always used against him.

to me, the difference is that the heat have wade and nobody on the lakers outside of bryant is even remotely close to him. honestly, i think the lakers without kobe would go from being a legitimate contender to a very good team that would have no real chance to win it all--sorta like the hawks of the west or the utah jazz. while with the heat i think they'd still have a decent shot at the chip because of the greatness of d.wade. he's more than capable of going and putting up great playoff series and bosh would probably go back to being a 22-23/10 guy if he just had to play with wade. thats the major difference--lebron has wade.just imo. maybe im overvaluing wade but i dont think so.
    no. i totally agree with you....except the part about miami contending without lebron. please...thats just BS and you know it. they are paper thin even with lebron mate.

but i don't think that disqualifies these guys from the mvp. they are just now held to a certain level of team success to win mvp. and that is how it should be. lebron or wade or kobe have no business winning mvp unless their teams are noticeably better than the other candidates.

for example:

lets say lebron keeps this up and finishes with his current numbers and the heat win 60. ..ok....but then lets say that the bulls win 57 and rose keeps up his current play.

no way in hell can lebron win mvp over him. the team success doesn't warrant it. but if the heat won 64 and the bulls 54....then it would matter.

i just think its all about personal circumstances. of course the guys on the most talented teams should be held to a different standard. its only fair.

its why i don't think kobe has a legit argument over a guy like dirk so far. dirk's level of play and numbers are as good or better and the mavs have a better record even with playing a tougher schedule, dirk missing a lot of time, and the mavs being less talented to begin with.

just my thoughts. i have no problem holding guys like lebron/wade/kobe now to a higher standard because they play on loaded teams. it makes sense.
    Last edited by ginobli2311; 02-04-2011 at 08:56 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

to me, the difference is that the heat have wade and nobody on the lakers outside of bryant is even remotely close to him.
    That's an exaggeration. LA still have a Top 15 player on the roster in Gasol.

while with the heat i think they'd still have a decent shot at the chip because of the greatness of d.wade.
    The drop in talent is simply too steep after Wade/Bosh for Miami to be able to contend without LeBron. This is not the same roster that won 47 games last season. They had JO, Beasley, Richardson and Haslem(currently injured). This year's roster is Big 3 + spot up shooters and bad big men. Miami's a 50-win team MAX w/o LeBron, no more.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

: he dqed himself of mvp when he joined wade and bosh. one crazy night doesn't = mvp, sooner or later wade will do the same thing, will he be mvp?

rose is carrying a team whos been missing it's 2 starting bigs for a lot of the season to a top 3 seed. do you really watch the bulls?