Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Default So close...

These past three days ive been trying to break my schools all time powerclean record for my weight division set at 295 by getting up 300. Three days in a row, ive given myself 7 tries... 21 times total, ive been unable to lock it in and/or pull off the front squat.

I thought I would have more time to workout after basketball, but since im headed for surgery on tuesday, im left with only one more workout day left on monday. Im hoping giving my body 3 days off will help me clear my mind and let my body repair itself.

Thats a shitload of weight, but seeing as how ive gotten it to my navel or higher more often then not I know I can do it. Rep to anybody that makes me feel good, pumps me up, finds me inspirational youtube clips ect. to let me stew on over the weekend. Extra rep if you find me a roid of some kind that instantly increases my max by 10 pounds or so. No music plz.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
DreamShake34
I usually hit open layups

Default Re: So close...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IuueKw1m98

Works every time
DreamShake34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShake34

It's all about this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2UVRLBkTs
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

F*ck your f*cking rep weak boi.

This is it. Your motherf*ckin chance to prove yourself and you're going to up and ease off. N!gga please you look at that barbell in front of you. 4 plates of 45 pound titanium, a pair of 35s, and a deuce of 2.5. You gwan let that sh!t stop you. Ain't nothing but a peanut! What next? You going to let that piece of bar screw you over. Is that how you going to carry on around life? What about the girls that'll use you, the children that you will raise only in return to be scoffed at as a father who couldn't. Your beloved basketball teammates forever mocking your failure... THIS IS THE MEASURE OF A MAN and it STARTS RIGHT HERE.

You HAVE ONE F*CKING OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS. Pack your goddamn central nervous system, and have no mercy. Feel your past inadequacies leave your body like the weakness you've shown in the past. Grab that widely in snatch grip lift it and feel the ****in crick of your back strained. And in a few seconds.. the pain will be over. E-X-P-L-O-D-E your hips and success shall be yours. Do this.. complete this and your status will be upgraded to the divine. Picture yourself posterizing the tallest of folks, layin in the basins of the Mediterranean as a Greek God, being fed cheeze and olives by the fingers of Harlots bowing down.

Practical, boring info
- Sleep eight hours the night before
- Get some coffee and some carbs in you an hour before the lift.
- Do something risky to get the adrenaline rushing. Make a move to a girl out of your league, or swear at a teacher.
- Do not let it engulf your thought throughout the day.
- You shall not fail. You will S.U.C.C.E.E.D>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4xrI...rom=PL&index=5

Come gametime: explode this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbzQ2EGn2wE

Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY : 04-30-2009 at 11:45 PM.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
ruslan
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
F*ck your f*cking rep weak boi.

This is it. Your motherf*ckin chance to prove yourself and you're going to up and ease off. N!gga please you look at that barbell in front of you. 4 plates of 45 pound titanium, a pair of 35s, and a deuce of 2.5. You gwan let that sh!t stop you. Ain't nothing but a peanut! What next? You going to let that piece of bar screw you over. Is that how you going to carry on around life? What about the girls that'll use you, the children that you will raise only in return to be scoffed at as a father who couldn't. Your beloved basketball teammates forever mocking your failure... THIS IS THE MEASURE OF A MAN and it STARTS RIGHT HERE.

You HAVE ONE F*CKING OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS. Pack your goddamn central nervous system, and have no mercy. Feel your past inadequacies leave your body like the weakness you've shown in the past. Grab that widely in snatch grip lift it and feel the ****in crick of your back strained. And in a few seconds.. the pain will be over. E-X-P-L-O-D-E your hips and success shall be yours. Do this.. complete this and your status will be upgraded to the divine. Picture yourself posterizing the tallest of folks, layin in the basins of the Mediterranean as a Greek God, being fed cheeze and olives by the fingers of Harlots bowing down.

Practical, boring info
- Sleep eight hours the night before
- Get some coffee and some carbs in you an hour before the lift.
- Do something risky to get the adrenaline rushing. Make a move to a girl out of your league, or swear at a teacher.
- Do not let it engulf your thought throughout the day.
- You shall not fail. You will S.U.C.C.E.E.D>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbUtL_0vAJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4xrI...rom=PL&index=5

Come gametime: explode this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbzQ2EGn2wE

Tell us why you w!gger?
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Shut up and don't disgrace the thread you inadequate piece of retarded filthy trash. You have yet to post a pic.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

^^^
Now thats what im fucking talking about...

J$, you've done it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslan
Tell us why you w!gger?
And you, get the F*CK out of my thread... im just this close to headbutting the next person I see
Old 04-30-2009, 11:50 PM   #8
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

For the record I've only Clean and Pressed like 205 before lulz. So you've got me beat in that department. Pretty heavily too but then again I weigh like 170 right now. Okay so you've got that barbell slightly below your waist and you've got to snap those arms. They say the harder you stop the ground the more force you'll generate. Fallguy20, what is your biggest fear and your biggest hatred.

By the way do some ass to grass squats to force your hips to use some power in combination with your workout. Don't wear yourself out though.

Just for fun dance along to this video and pretend to snap your hands like you're pressing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcTp_z9ulBM Turn the volume up at chorus
Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #9
v-unit
Very good NBA starter

The best thing to do would have been working hard before the event and taking a couple days off. I hope you weren't planning on working out every day, peaking 300 the day before on one rep then just going home and expecting to do the same.

REST is how you improve, do that and eat clean in the next few days. And don't you dare not sleep
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

PS - Look at this f*cking honky homo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5M-YN-YJpc

You're already better than him. Clean and Press that 300, just for the sake of polishing and confirming the aforementioend fact.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
Fallguy20, what is your biggest fear and your biggest hatred?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcTp_z9ulBM Turn the volume up at chorus

Biggest fear has always been that im just not that guy... not the biggest, not the fastest, not the smartest... just not "that" guy. Its why I work out the way I do, its why I go for runs when I cant sleep, its why I went from who I was to who soon im going to be. And I absolutly hate girls who play you... make you their "backup" and string you along until they dont need you anymore, only to come back once they had their fun with the other poor sap.

Damn, I want to work out so bad right now... srsly, im friggan jacked up right now. And ha, yea ill see about that youtubeclip on max day.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
Biggest fear has always been that im just not that guy... not the biggest, not the fastest, not the smartest... just not "that" guy. Its why I work out the way I do, its why I go for runs when I cant sleep, its why I went from who I was to who soon im going to be. And I absolutly hate girls who play you... make you their "backup" and string you along until they dont need you anymore, only to come back once they had their fun with the other poor sap.

Damn, I want to work out so bad right now... srsly, im friggan jacked up right now. And ha, yea ill see about that youtubeclip on max day.

Sh!t!!! Bad timing.. bad timing! I'm the exact same way.. in a constant state of self-improvement physically and mentally. Sometimes I just don't give a flying f*ck about my social life, about opinions, about love, morals, money or anything... they pale in comparison to proving to yourself that you are the B.E.S.T.

To the females, f*ck them all. It's time you step up to the plate and create your legacy. We'll first start off with having your name on the wall immortalized in your high school, and then we'll grab the accolades associated with the mental processes. By then by then, you'll have achieved the "head honcho" child, The I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T f*ckin variable where your delts will be the foundation to a fine girl's soul. One step at a time, baby, let's do this sh!t. But in the meantime sleep on it and dream big.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:18 AM   #13
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Quote:
Sh!t!!! Bad timing.. bad timing! I'm the exact same way.. in a constant state of self-improvement physically and mentally. Sometimes I just don't give a flying f*ck about my social life, about opinions, about love, morals, money or anything... they pale in comparison to proving to yourself that you are the B.E.S.T.

To the females, f*ck them all. It's time you step up to the plate and create your legacy. We'll first start off with having your name on the wall immortalized in your high school, and then we'll grab the accolades associated with the mental processes. By then by then, you'll have achieved the "head honcho" child, The I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T f*ckin variable where your delts will be the foundation to a fine girl's soul. One step at a time, baby, let's do this sh!t. But in the meantime sleep on it and dream big.

I feel ya there man... pretty much everything your saying rings true right now. I have carefully crafted my legacy, and this has been the very last thing on my list. Undefeated senior year, state champ, all time fg% owner... now with just one more thing I can solidify my place as one of the all time greats.

i need sleep
Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #14
Parade
and t'all a good night

300, that's some pretty ****in impressive weight to be throwing around at that speed, how much you weigh, how tall are you?

If you don't mind me asking, what are your PR's on your other lifts - the big three, front squat? What is your current PR on power cleans?

I take it this is at the collegiate level?

Last edited by Parade : 05-01-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:07 AM   #15
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parade
300, that's some pretty ****in impressive weight to be throwing around at that speed, how much you weigh, how tall are you?

If you don't mind me asking, what are your PR's on your other lifts - the big three, front squat? What is your current PR on power cleans?

I take it this is at the collegiate level?

Jabes you lift and crunch numbers? sexeh.

Fallguy 20 is 6'4 220-ish
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: