Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Spidey out of MCU

the only thing about this that annoys me is that I enjoyed the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck out of the spiderman ps4 game and was hoping for other marvel characters in the sequels.

that's some minor shit though. I'm pulling for sony they have the tools to get this right they just need to make sure they connect on some of the spinoff films because if the morbius black cat venom2 movies flop then they're in real trouble.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    the only thing about this that annoys me is that I enjoyed the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck out of the spiderman ps4 game and was hoping for other marvel characters in the sequels.

that's some minor shit though. I'm pulling for sony they have the tools to get this right they just need to make sure they connect on some of the spinoff films because if the morbius black cat venom2 movies flop then they're in real trouble.
    Which begs the question, who wants to seeMorbius or Black Cat movie? Marvel took Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, even Daredevil and put them in series on Netflix. Black Cat and Morbius are probably less important characters than them, definitely below Daredevil. Black Cat is really just a Catwoman knockoff.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    What else is left for him to do in the MCU though? The Avengers storyline is dead and he doesn't fit in any upcoming movies.
    Phase 5, young Avengers...

So it turns out that Marvel has Spiderman's exclusive TV rights. Sony only owns the movie rights. Disney could afford a fvck you move and continue Holland's story on Disney+

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm
    So it turns out that Marvel has Spiderman's exclusive TV rights. Sony only owns the movie rights. Disney could afford a fvck you move and continue Holland's story on Disney+
    To disagree a little he might be too big a star for that. He was looking at being the main focus of the biggest movie series in history, may be hard to get him to commit to a series on a streaming service and it may be hard to pay him the way he's expecting to get paid when he's just doing a series on Disney +.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    To disagree a little he might be too big a star for that. He was looking at being the main focus of the biggest movie series in history, may be hard to get him to commit to a series on a streaming service and it may be hard to pay him the way he's expecting to get paid when he's just doing a series on Disney +.
    Yeah I know, just think it would a funny FU. Pay Holland what he made in the movies but put him on Disney+. BTW, It was Marvel that made him a star. He was just another up and comer with a handful of small movies before that. I'm sure he wants to stay with Marvel over Sony anyways. Sony will find a way to screw Spiderman up if left on their own. Ask Garfield how his career is going right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Which begs the question, who wants to seeMorbius or Black Cat movie? Marvel took Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, even Daredevil and put them in series on Netflix. Black Cat and Morbius are probably less important characters than them, definitely below Daredevil. Black Cat is really just a Catwoman knockoff.
    Who doesn't want to see a Black cat movie???

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Troof. Rumors are saying it will culminate with Avengers vs X-Men

That comic was meh imo. Hopefully the movies will make it better.

And I don't trust Sony making a good live action Spiderman movie. They failed like three times in a row for me. Into the Spiderverse was good, but was animated.

I do wann'a see more stuff like Spiderman 2 or the PS4 Spiderman game story. Probably won't get that with Disney's Spiderman since they are going more of the light hearted route. No Mary Jane. No Uncle Ben. And Sony still has the rights with some of Spidy's interesting and cool villains.

It would be cool to see Spiderman grow up in the MCU and be a leader or just mature. Alas, we might not see that.

And with Black Cat....I wann'a see Black Cat with Spiderman. Same with Venom. Same with Carnage. Same with Morbius.
    Last edited by Micku; 08-22-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    That comic was meh imo. Hopefully the movies will make it better.

And I don't trust Sony making a good live action Spiderman movie. They like three times in a row for me. Into the Spiderverse was good, but was animated.

I do wann'a see more stuff like Spiderman 2 or the PS4 Spiderman game story. Probably won't get that with Disney's Spiderman since they are going more of the light hearted route. No Mary Jane. No Uncle Ben. And Sony still has the rights with some of Spidy's interesting and cool villains.

It would be cool to see Spiderman grow up in the MCU and be a leader or just mature. Alas, we might not see that.

And with Black Cat....I wann'a see Black Cat with Spiderman. Same with Venom. Same with Carnage. Same with Morbius.
    The comic sucked, but doubt they will follow that. Just like Civil War, they will just use the name and broad idea.

National High School Star

Yeah I know, just think it would a funny FU. Pay Holland what he made in the movies but put him on Disney+. BTW, It was Marvel that made him a star. He was just another up and comer with a handful of small movies before that. I'm sure he wants to stay with Marvel over Sony anyways. Sony will find a way to screw Spiderman up if left on their own. Ask Garfield how his career is going right now.
    i read somewhere that it was Sony that casted Holland as Spidey, not Disney

Disney wanted Asa Butterfield as Spiderman, can you imagine that?

Blaming Sony for fuking up Spidey's storyline in MCU is misplaced. It was Marvel's decision to include Spidey in their universe, not Sony. So it was their obligation to their fans to come up with solution to handle future storylines involving Spidey.

Spiderman can survive without MCU, just like before. Besides, Spidey should be a lone wolf kind of superhero. That's what makes him special in the comics.

not a huge MCU fan, but if they made an avengers vs x-men movie...damn.

too bad hugh jackson won't play wolverine again.

logan was the GOAT marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawkish
    i read somewhere that it was Sony that casted Holland as Spidey, not Disney

Disney wanted Asa Butterfield as Spiderman, can you imagine that?

Blaming Sony for fuking up Spidey's storyline in MCU is misplaced. It was Marvel's decision to include Spidey in their universe, not Sony. So it was their obligation to their fans to come up with solution to handle future storylines involving Spidey.

Spiderman can survive without MCU, just like before
    . Besides, Spidey should be a lone wolf kind of superhero. That's what makes him special in the comics.
    Uhhh..Spiderman 3 was terrible and Garfield's versions weren't great either. Venom sucked too. Spiderverse was good though. The MCU Spiderman has been the best live version hands down.

National High School Star

Uhhh..Spiderman 3 was terrible and Garfield's versions weren't great either. Venom sucked too. Spiderverse was good though. The MCU Spiderman has been the best live version hands down.
    Regardless of the quality, they still made money though business wise

MCU Spiderman is a good storyline but it is a big departure to the character roots. Like i said, i prefer a lone wolf Spiderman who has his own story rather than sharing a universal storyline

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Rumors:

According to the new deal Disney wants:

- A 6-picture deal with Tom Holland, with an option for a 7th.

- There are three more Spider-Man films after Spider-Man 3, which will be a new trilogy.

- The second trilogy will focus on Peter Parker's college years including plans for Peter to meet up and team up with Firestar and Ice Man of the X-Men (based in part on the old Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon).

- The other three movies are two Avengers films in which Spider-Man will have a larger role and become friends with Johnny Storm (Human Torch from the Fantastic Four).

- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance all Spider-Man related movies for 30% of the full profits (Disney previously wanted 50%, but Sony said no, which led to the talks falling apart).

- Sony would distribute, but Disney will acquire exclusive digital and online rights for Disney Plus and affiliated TV networks.

- Marvel Studios will helm and co-finance SpiderVerse live-action spinoffs under the same terms.

- Venom will relocate into the MCU.

- Sony will be given permission for TV live-action programs based on SpiderVerse properties (Sony only has film rights to Spider-Man, but needs permission from Disney for TV rights)

- Disney wants the deal to be done before Saturday's Marvel panel at D23 Expo.

- Spider-Man is also said to be a part of a D23 Expo panel.

Additional details:
    - It's said Tom Holland wants to stay with the MCU (it's been reported both Holland and Zendaya unfollowed Sony on Instagram).
    Fair enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Rumors:

Fair enough?
    Sure. Just wish Disney would buy Spiderman back outright so they don't have to go through this again after 6 movies. Also, bringing Venom in is fine but what about the rest of the Spider characters? Would still be weird to have Morbius and Black Cat cross over to Spiderman but have not be in the MCU. They don't need to meet the Avengers or anything like that, but just acknowledgement that they are in the same universe would be fine