Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Who you want the Bulls to keep and why

Obviously no player is untradeable, but in a perfect world, who would you try your hardest to keep around if you were Pax trying to save the Bulls orginization and your job.

1. Joakim Noah - True center, has height and athletic ability, just needs a little weight. He plays hard always and that is now a completely underrated attribute to have if you wear a bulls jersey. He definitely will be a double double player for a long time. Now with Wallace and Smith gone, he has 09' all to himself. He will never be a great offensive player, but acceptable when you look at how much he gives you on D, the boards and energy level. Oh and i have to mention how much I still love that he called out Big Ben for laughing and joking on the bench in an embarrassing 20 point loss during the regular season. Hated him on Florida, only to realize, he's just one of those guys you hate to play against but love when he don's your team's jersey.

2. Thabo Sefolosha - Almost everyone who watches the Bulls now understands why we drafted him. After the 1st month of the season, he was one of the worst players on the roster. I guess I never knew he had such a confidence problem. After he got playing time, and made great use of it, I can now see what type of player he can be with minutes and confidence. He already is an above average defender, he has size and length, and appears to be a true team player. With the way Hinrich and Gordon played this season, we will absolutely need Thabo. He still has a way to go but no reason why he can't be a 15,7,5, and a steal or 2 a game guy with starter playing time.

3. Tyrus Thomas - Sorry fellow bulls fans, i'm not ready to give up on him. I see absolutely no reason to trade this guy yet unless it's 100% the right trade. Like Noah, with Wallace and Smith gone, Tyrus has a lot more minutes available. When Gooden went out for the end of the season, T-time showed a lot promise, scoring in double figures 6 out of the last 9 games, with 3 20+ pt games in that same span. I am as frustrated with Tyrus' career as anyone else in Chicago, obviously expecting too much too soon. But the guy is only 21 years of age still. I see no reason to want to rush him in a trade out of here. Why would we endure his crappy first 2 seasons, when he may be a season or 2 away from really turning into that player that his potential has lead us to believe he can be. I am definitely looking for him to start at PF in 09' over Gooden. Gooden is further along in his NBA career and probably deserves to start, but Tyrus needs to continued to be developed now that the Bulls are once again retooling. I STILL hope one day Tyrus can make us forget the name Lemarcus Aldridge, as tough as that may sound right now.

4. Luol Deng - What happened this year???? Lu like almost every teammate of his had a nightmare season. My hope is that his under-achieving season can turn to a positive and we pay even less for him than anyone could have imagined last summer. It's now clear he won't be a super-star or probably even an all-star, however, if Lu has a solid starting 5 around him, with 1 other highly skilled offensive player, he can still be one of the best 2nd or 3rd options in the league on his team. He like the other 3 guys above him is still basically super young in terms of age, but experience wise is no longer. I really in my heart of hearts, expect Luol to return to around 20 and 7 next year when hopefully the mess that is the Bulls is cleaned up a lot more than it is right now. If he stays healthy it really isnt a far fetched idea.

I hope the Bulls can get rid of Hinrich, BG, or Larry Hughes in a smart and helpful way. The log jam at the guard spot is really killing all 3 players, and hurts Sefolosha as well. Hinrich was the most disappointing player for the Bulls this year, and I really still have no idea what to say about him. BG just doesn't want it bad enough in my eyes, and is still far too inconsistent on offense for somebody who just got done with their 4th year in the NBA. Larry Hughes i want gone because he is more concerned about himself than his team, and it will always be that way. He doesn't give a **** about the Bulls and everybody should know it.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who you want the Bulls to keep and why

Well I would say keep Hinrich and Luol Deng and build around them. Just because I feel they are the 2 most well rounded players on the team. But if Pax doesn't get a big man or an All-Star, I want to see Kirk traded to a different team. Then watch him blow up and laugh at everyone who has doubted him. Okay, he has had the worst season of his career, what about the past few seasons where he was a top player on the team? 1 bad season and it's his fault...everyone on the team had a down year.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

After this horrible season I wouldn't be upset if the whole team was traded. I don't think one single player on here is "untouchable" AT ALL. I'd give up Luol Deng at this point for a first round draft pick.

But the 3 players I'd like to see back next season are...

Joakim Noah: He's plays with a lot of energy and cares about every game. Sure, he spoke out during times he shouldn't have this season but it was out of frustration. I think he's a good enough center to go along with a PF who can give the Bulls 20/10. Noah and a healthy Jermaine O'Neal or Elton Brand would be awesome.

Aaron Gray: He's going to be a solid backup center and I hope he stays with the Bulls. If the Bulls can really go with a rotation of Noah/O'Neal or Noah/Brand starting with Gray/Drew Gooden or Gray/Tyrus Thomas off the bench that would be great.

Andres Nocioni: Again, like Noah he's the only other player on the Bulls team this season that played with energy every game. If Deng gets traded then I wouldn't mind seeing Nocioni start at the SF position.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Well I would say keep Hinrich and Luol Deng and build around them. Just because I feel they are the 2 most well rounded players on the team. But if Pax doesn't get a big man or an All-Star, I want to see Kirk traded to a different team. Then watch him blow up and laugh at everyone who has doubted him. Okay, he has had the worst season of his career, what about the past few seasons where he was a top player on the team? 1 bad season and it's his fault...everyone on the team had a down year.

You know Kaptn, let me say something. I loved Kirk Hinrich since he became a Bull, got his jersey, pictures on my walls, all of that. But we payed him a fat contract, he doesn't play for Team USA so he wouldn't be "burnt out", and then he plays like how he has this year. It makes me sick. HOW DO YOU REGRESS THAT MUCH??? He is supposed to be headed toward "prime" years age wise, and experience wise. He appears to be your guy and it's ok to defend him, but I sure as hell won't. Just like many of the other guys on the Bulls, I think and KNOW he is soft. Kirk could be a lot better with a big man, but so would 50% of the other PG's in the league. He needs to be held accountable for his lack of leadership and heart. I hope his marriage over the summer didn't play into him softening up, and i seriously mean that. I have no other reasons at this point. I don't want to giveaway Kirk by any means but, when a player takes steps back like him, it's a major red flag. I would do anything to package Kirk, draft pick, and another decent young player to get Rose. That's somebody who will make it happen reguardless of what his situation is.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
You know Kaptn, let me say something. I loved Kirk Hinrich since he became a Bull, got his jersey, pictures on my walls, all of that. But we payed him a fat contract, he doesn't play for Team USA so he wouldn't be "burnt out", and then he plays like how he has this year. It makes me sick. HOW DO YOU REGRESS THAT MUCH??? He is supposed to be headed toward "prime" years age wise, and experience wise. He appears to be your guy and it's ok to defend him, but I sure as hell won't. Just like many of the other guys on the Bulls, I think and KNOW he is soft. Kirk could be a lot better with a big man, but so would 50% of the other PG's in the league. He needs to be held accountable for his lack of leadership and heart. I hope his marriage over the summer didn't play into him softening up, and i seriously mean that. I have no other reasons at this point. I don't want to giveaway Kirk by any means but, when a player takes steps back like him, it's a major red flag. I would do anything to package Kirk, draft pick, and another decent young player to get Rose. That's somebody who will make it happen reguardless of what his situation is.

Well he didn't play on Team USA because he was getting married. And also well Chris Paul and Jason Kidd...forget it.

As for Rose, please. Guy is the next crazy ass guard, there is only a handful of players who you would be able trade with a draft pick to get high enough to get Rose.

Then it doesn't help that Kirk started the year with some strained ligaments in his hand and had probably the worst shooting slump I have ever seen him go through - and all the Kobe to Bulls trade talks to start the year. And after it is all said and done, the only real place where Kirk had a problem this season was his shooting. Which in November his 3PT shooting(12 games) was 17%. Any time you start your season off like that, it can't be good. Your going to have all these people, papers, radio shows, ect start saying stuff, which at that point gets in the back of your head when you shoot. On top of that your team starts doing terrible and can't seem to win a game - your the point guard, you take a lot of the heat. Then right when Kirk really ends his terrible streak (early 2008) the All-Star break comes and the trade happens - killing some of Kirks minutes.

People just don't understand the stresses that happen in basketball when your shots don't fall. I don't even want to imagine what Kirk was thinking when he heard his name in trade talks. When he was in like 2nd grade and you write what your going to be doing 15 years from now or whatever - Kirk wrote starting poing guard for the Chicago Bulls. Alright so you just get married - huge life change. You start the season shooting the ball terrible, nothing can be more messed up at this point. Then you have trade talks with your name in them - leaving the team you have always dreamed about playing on. On top of that your team was predicted to be the team to beat and yet your team can't seem to win a game. Everything went wrong for Chicago this season - it doesn't start or end with Kirk.

And as for the contract, yeah it's pretty big. But when the team was winning nobody seemed to have a problem with it. It isn't a contract that makes him nonmovable and if you were in the NBA dealing with your contract, you would milk it for as much as you could. As well as 99.9% of the rest of the world.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 AM   #6
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Kaptain

Your treating Kirk like he's a kid and not a 26 year old man. I don't give a **** what happens, he has been exposed as being soft. A great majority of NBA players have to go through attacks from the media. He can't just collapse as a Bball player mentally and on the court when times get TOUGH. So basically your all that you wrote equates to a bunch of excuses, none of which are good enough to excuse Hinrich's absolutely pathetic season. He was voted a captain of the team for a reason, to be a leader in any way possible, and became the opposite for a team truly lost, when someone needed to step up. SHOULD Adrian Griffin be the one who had to call team meetings and make team decisions, NO HE'S NOT A CAPTAIN, just a scrub old timer there for what should of been minimal leadership. I know circumstances were just plain horrible in Chi-city this year, but like i've said, Hinrich's regression is a major red flag and he showed no heart, and now he has to prove himself all over again to me and just about all Bulls fans I know or have talked to.

Your whole point about Kirk always wanting to be on the Bulls and all that **** about when he was a little kid means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!! That is a horrible cop out. Everybody wanted to be on the Bulls growing up when Jordan was winning titles here. EVERYWHERE!!! Even in third world countries around the world everybody wanted to be a Bull. He is in the NBA now, making filthy millions, deal with the mental stress, your life is perfect, everybody else in the world can only imagine life being that great. Once again you show that your obviously as sensitive as Kirk f'ing Hinrich. He's a grown man and should show he actually has balls and a backbone. I understand it doesn't end with Kirk, but it definitely starts with Kirk, especially when looking at the fact that he is a captain, and only Noc and Hughes are older by 2 and 3 years, but he also has a year exp. on Noc who is from another freaking country anyway. And you know Hughes doesn't care about his team no matter the jersey. So it does start with him, then trickles right over to BG almost equally and Deng after that.

I'm not saying that I think it's realistic to get D Rose. I actually in another thread have identified that idea as basically impossible. I brought it up because that is the kind of impact player the Bulls absolutely need to become a serious contender in the next couple of years. Things look miserable enough that from time to time i have to dream about scenario's so i don't go f'ing crazy.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Whats up everybody! I'm new to the board, but I'm no rookie to the game. Not to mention I'm a die hard bulls fan. With the exception of Aaron gray, We should hang on to our entire front court including Drew Gooden. Most of these young guys really havn't been given a fair chance to prove themselves, especially Tyrus Thomas. As for the back court, only Thabo seems worth it. Everyone else should be packaged in trades for star caliber talent. Everyone on the team is a bunch of role players and thats the teams biggest problem. we have no leadership from either our coaching staff, or the players. This should be an offseason searching for leadership.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: