Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #76
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Default Re: Riles on Shaq: "If he wants to give back $10 million and play half a season, fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
How do we know that the Molly Walker kills Sylar. I hear that Sylar visits his mother, confesses to some of the things he has done, and she tries to kill him.

if i remember correctly in next weeks preview it said something about the one hero who can stop sylar, then it showed the little girl (molly?) kinda makes sense cuz everyone thinks its gonna be peter or hiro who kills him, pretty sure the writers are gonna toss us a swerve.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #77
gb8
Extra Cheese

Default Re: Riles on Shaq: "If he wants to give back $10 million and play half a season, fine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free
Don't you think his legacy is now in danger when a HOF coach is calling him out and demanding better effort from him? Shaq could afford to fued with Kobe and Phil becuase he got the oppertunity to redeem himself with another organization. Tha's not the case in this situation, if Shaq doesn't make it work in Miami, he won't end his career on a high note and I think Shaq's primary concern at this point in his careere is maintaining his "dominace" and building on his legacy. Shaq's never had a great work ethic, but his talent alone made up for it as evidence by his production. At this point in his career, Shaq can't rely on his talent becusae his production has obviously declined due to age. If Riley refuses to accept Shaq's coasting mentality, NO ONE will be sympathetic to Shaq if he chooses to oppose Riley's demands. He'll be hit with critisizim left and right and RIley won't back down or take it easy on him unless he responds positively. There really isn't any easy out for Shaq this late in his career, which is why I think he'll take Riley's words as a challenge and accept his critisizim.

Like I said Shaqs legacy is pretty much secure. he is never going to have a 30 12 season or even a 25 10 season ever again. In terms of his producion is concrned he is clearly declining and he knows there isnt much he can do abou tit now. Shaqs all about the money and always has been, something which clearly comes across once you read his autobiagraphy following the repeat year. Now with his declining play shaq is more than happy to chill out and collect the check as he knows his basketball days are numbered. His legacy wont be tarnished in anyway shape or form, remembered as a top ten player all time who could have achieved a little more but definitely did enough.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #78
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: Riles on Shaq: "If he wants to give back $10 million and play half a season, fin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
if i remember correctly in next weeks preview it said something about the one hero who can stop sylar, then it showed the little girl (molly?) kinda makes sense cuz everyone thinks its gonna be peter or hiro who kills him, pretty sure the writers are gonna toss us a swerve.

I don't think she kills him though. The actor who plays Sylar is rumored to have signed on for season 2. Also, the guy who said it is actually quite shady. Lol, I don't know if I trust anything he says, even in a promo. But yeah, I wonder what Molly's power is. If she can stop Sylar, it must be big.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #79
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Default Re: Riles on Shaq: "If he wants to give back $10 million and play half a season, fine..

Well back to the topic. I'm really interesting in how Shaq responds. His work ethic is being called into question again... this time, by the best coach he's ever played for. What do you guys think he'll say?
Old 05-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #80
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Well back to the topic. I'm really interesting in how Shaq responds. His work ethic is being called into question again... this time, by the best coach he's ever played for. What do you guys think he'll say?
ithought phil was the best coach he ever played for? lol

shaq rsponse will be either none or something like (imagine your best shaq voice)me an coach sat down and talked about we are on the same page and looking to bring miami heat back to the finals next year or he'll say something like who's pat riley?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #81
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ithought phil was the best coach he ever played for? lol

Oh, that was a few years ago. Things have changed.

Quote:
shaq rsponse will be either none or something like (imagine your best shaq voice)me an coach sat down and talked about we are on the same page and looking to bring miami heat back to the finals next year or he'll say something like who's pat riley?

I'd put money on the first one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: