Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #46
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: So my GF's brother has an 8yr old kid Ryan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
you should read some of the other **** she blogs about. I end up both pissed and laughing at the same time.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #47
flipogb
Banned

8 and can't play a Wii game? thats pretty sad , can't say I have seen a similar kid cuz all the little kids I know started playing and understanding games at the age of 4,one of my nephews connected the Wii to the TV by himself at 8 and he did the same witht he Gamecube at like 6 yrs old
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #48
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
8 and can't play a Wii game? thats pretty sad , can't say I have seen a similar kid cuz all the little kids I know started playing and understanding games at the age of 4,one of my nephews connected the Wii to the TV by himself at 8 and he did the same witht he Gamecube at like 6 yrs old
apparently you dont read so well either huh?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #49
Sriracha
Clubbing baby seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23
Ryan cannot read. He almost failed the 1st grade but the school is letting him advance to 2nd. It get's my GF so frustrated a lot of times, sometimes even me....

Sorry to hear this bro. You must be real close with her family to care about the little guy.
Sriracha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #50
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sriracha
Sorry to hear this bro. You must be real close with her family to care about the little guy.

your momz a whore
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #51
AtticusPigeon11
Dunking on everybody in the park

Solution:

Build an extremely firm relationship with the kid. Do a little bit of research. As a child he may be considered "free-spirited" but he has his share of role models. Try to acquire traits from said role models and become the dude's best friend/trustee. Be the light of his life.

After this, you can instigate a rigorous discipline regime and try to fix the bad habits. Growing up, I was the opposite of this guy, but my lil bro was similar.. Complete spoiled duntz ternt respectful and smart. U just got to learn to inspire and know when to lay down one-two uppercut if he phucks up. Seriously.
AtticusPigeon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #52
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb

what the hell does connecting a video game have to do with reading? He's capable of playing fighting games and loves to play anything violent (this is also a problem), the sad part is when there is actually stuff to read (storyline, instructions, options) he doesn't know wth is going on.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #53
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtticusPigeon11
Solution:

Build an extremely firm relationship with the kid. Do a little bit of research. As a child he may be considered "free-spirited" but he has his share of role models. Try to acquire traits from said role models and become the dude's best friend/trustee. Be the light of his life.

After this, you can instigate a rigorous discipline regime and try to fix the bad habits. Growing up, I was the opposite of this guy, but my lil bro was similar.. Complete spoiled duntz ternt respectful and smart. U just got to learn to inspire and know when to lay down one-two uppercut if he phucks up. Seriously.

It's an adequate solution but I only see him 2-3 times every other week over the summer
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: