Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #421
telephone
Banned

nate robinson vs. the nuggernaut.

nate wins!
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:37 AM   #422
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I'm way late to the party, but I'll just say that the media's over-reacting to the Collins foul. It wasn't that hard, IMO. If he wanted to, he could have thrown J.R. down MUCH harder.

I agree completely...the two guys were both running at pretty full speed down the court, and as JR jumped, Mardy put his arms around him, holding JR down a little, then let go pretty quickly. JR only flew because his momentum was already taking him that way, not really because Mardy pushed him that way.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:43 AM   #423
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawdrummer
I agree completely...the two guys were both running at pretty full speed down the court, and as JR jumped, Mardy put his arms around him, holding JR down a little, then let go pretty quickly. JR only flew because his momentum was already taking him that way, not really because Mardy pushed him that way.

The key was the context of the foul... the fact that Denver was "pouring it on" the Knicks as Isiah claims raised tempers... The Nugs still had their starters in and the Knicks did not like that.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #424
pennstate73
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Karl is an idiot, i'm glad melo and j.r. are getting suspended, he feels stupid right now
\Gee then what about when Nate tried to throw the ball off the backboard and dunk it during the Cleveland game.

Guess he can't take it like he can dish it out!
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #425
pennstate73
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
The key was the context of the foul... the fact that Denver was "pouring it on" the Knicks as Isiah claims raised tempers... The Nugs still had their starters in and the Knicks did not like that.

NEW YORK -- About a minute or two before the Knicks-Nuggets brawl erupted Saturday night in Madison Square Garden, New York coach Isiah Thomas mentioned to Denver star Carmelo Anthony that it wouldn't be a good idea to go anywhere near the paint, according to a member of the Denver Nuggets organization.

The message was unmistakable: A hard foul was coming. And when it came, the NBA had its first full-scale fight of the 2006-07 season.
pennstate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #426
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Carmelo was scared crapless of Nate Rob lol
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #427
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Carmelo was scared crapless of Nate Rob lol

Nate did nothing when it was 1 on 1 with Melo. He stopped. Ask yourself why.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #428
Darsh
National High School Star

^^what Gobb said.

seriously, the logic from some posters on this forum is embarrassing.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #429
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
But first, lets ask ourselves where Melo ran to, and why.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #430
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Also, why was he running away from a guy a foot shorter then him?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:26 PM   #431
rick robey's arm
Saw a basketball once

Default Isiah's message was clear - Mardy Collins follows orders

Others here have mentioned it but New York One (local cable tv) had the video of Isiah clearly saying to Melo...just a minute before the brawl broke out - that he should not take it to the basket or he would see what would happen...all said with a smile on his lips. I am surprised that ESPN has not picked this up...I wonder if this is done as a favour to the Herr Commisioner Stern and his favorite franchise...
rick robey's arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #432
Underdog
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
^^what Gobb said.

seriously, the logic from some posters on this forum is embarrassing.

co-sign

It seems as though the Knicks and their frustrated fans are having a field day with this.

After all the losses, this seems like a "win" for them.

IMO, Nate pretty much doused the situation with fuel, after Collins and JR had to be separated. Nate definitely has the Napoleon complex.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:38 PM   #433
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Also, why was he running away from a guy a foot shorter then him?

He wasnt idiot. Melo was already at mid court and Nate came from the side. Melo stopped. Nate turned around. Watch reh replay. You're making up stories here kid. You're acting like Melo ran from Nate. False. Melo stood there when Nate ran around the crowd to get to Melo. Nate did nothing.

So stop it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #434
trig
Decent college freshman

mardy made a stupid foul, jr acted like a normal human being, reacted to the foul, nate shoved jr away from mardy, then jr rushed back thats why they went into the stands. it should've ended here with 3 players getting suspended a game or 2. but no it didn't

big props to frye, he was the one trying to break the brawl then melo pulled him down hard and looks at him badly but still frye didn't lose his cool and continued to try breaking up the brawl.

melo is watching to much comedy waiting for everybody to calm down then sucker punching mardy then run away to hide behind nene. Im sure melo will be mad at camby bec camby was actually grabing melo's jersey and jeffries almost reached melo if only he was not tripped by camby.

too bad starbury was not in the brawl but no matter what, he should be suspended for the rest of the season for playing bad

The camera should've have shifted to eddy curry, he was probably playing his psp

This is simply the funniest brawl i've ever seen
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:49 PM   #435
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
mardy made a stupid foul, jr acted like a normal human being, reacted to the foul, nate shoved jr away from mardy, then jr rushed back thats why they went into the stands. it should've ended here with 3 players getting suspended a game or 2. but no it didn't

big props to frye, he was the one trying to break the brawl then melo pulled him down hard and looks at him badly but still frye didn't lose his cool and continued to try breaking up the brawl.

melo is watching to much comedy waiting for everybody to calm down then sucker punching mardy then run away to hide behind nene. Im sure melo will be mad at camby bec camby was actually grabing melo's jersey and jeffries almost reached melo if only he was not tripped by camby.

too bad starbury was not in the brawl but no matter what, he should be suspended for the rest of the season for playing bad

The camera should've have shifted to eddy curry, he was probably playing his psp

This is simply the funniest brawl i've ever seen
Isiah told Collins to foul hard(and rightly so) The Nuggets stars shouldnt have been on the court.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: