Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 11-17-2018, 08:46 PM   #376
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2018-19 regular season. Time to live up to the hype!

Jay King: Brad Stevens said no limitations for Gordon Hayward even on a back to back after playing 39 minutes last night. – via Twitter ByJayKing
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:02 PM   #377
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Tony Jones: Joe Ingles and Brad Stevens having words there….and they weren’t friendly – via Twitter Tjonesonthenba

missed that
Old 11-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #378
Xiao Yao You

Scott Agness: Victor Oladipo, still bothered by that right knee, exits and heads right back to the locker room with head athletic trainer Josh Corbeil. – via Twitter ScottAgness

Storyline: Victor Oladipo Injury
J. Michael Falgoust: Oladipo (sore right knee) is OUT for the rest of the game #HawksPacers – via Twitter ThisIsJMichael
Old 11-17-2018, 11:17 PM   #379
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2018/11/17/uta...athon-simmons/

Quote:
Now, Simmons isn’t a good 3-point shooter, but he can create his own shot and make things happen offensively. At the very least, Simmons could help ease the offensive load Donovan Mitchell has to carry on a nightly basis.

Who cares. Need shooters period

Quote:
When you think of who the Jazz could give up to get Simmons, the trade idea becomes even more enticing. A clean swap of Simmons for Thabo Sefolosha would work. Sefolosha has barely played this year for the Jazz and is on an attractive expiring contract that the rebuilding Magic would be more than willing to take on.

Might as well. Snyder won't play him anyway. Who cares that he actually can hit 3s and defend and rebound and cut...
Old Yesterday, 03:30 AM   #380
Xiao Yao You

Against Philadelphia, Mitchell drew heat from national media for his 31-point, zero-assist night, becoming the first since Carmelo Anthony in 2014 with at least 35 field goals and no assists. During the Boston victory, Mitchell remained aggressive, but looked to find others as well, starting 5-for-7 from the field. “They’ll build you up to take you down. That’s how it is,” Mitchell said. “You can’t please everybody, you’re not going to. I personally like the negative stuff. Like I told you, I prefer it. I prefer playing with that. I wish I could have that every game, but that’s just always been me and I’m going to continue playing my game and I’m not going to forget what happened.” – via Deseret News
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #381
Xiao Yao You

https://www.ksl.com/article/46429752...st-the-celtics

Quote:
It was an improvement over past games, but the Jazz still didn’t have a standout night offensively. They shot 45 percent from the field and connected on only 29 percent of their 3-point tries. The problems from the foul line also continued, with Utah missing ten freebies in Boston.

They can't shoot! The free throws have to get better though
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM   #382
Xiao Yao You

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/1...-andy-larsens/

Quote:
We’ll start with Donovan Mitchell, who led the Jazz with 28 points and six assists. As opposed to his performance on Friday, Mitchell always kept his eyes out in order to find his teammates, especially when the defense used more of their resources to stop him. This pass, for example, is a very difficult one, but is absolutely the right play.

It's Dante though so is it really the right play? He made that one but usually it's going to be a brick. Therein lies the dilemma.
Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #383
Xiao Yao You

https://www.slcdunk.com/2018/11/17/1...gordon-hayward

Quote:
If the Jazz hadn’t already cast aside recent storylines with this 12-point win, Ricky Rubio threw them off even more. Rubio, currently the center of a heated fan/media debate over his status as starting point guard, finished with a solid 20 points on 6 of 13 shooting (2 of 4 from three). The other half of that debate, backup point guard Dante Exum, played 20 minutes and finished with 10 points, seven rebounds and three assists.

THere's more than two halves. Neither should start. Mitchell should start. You seen what he is capable of with the 6 assists. Put the right guys around him now!

Quote:
Performances like these from The Spanish Samurai are what earned him renown last year with their absence being his main problem this season. We’ll see if this is a trend starter or a flash in the pan.

He's had like 4 good games. He sucks!

Quote:
This is why I said "RELAX!"
After the Philly game everyone is just going crazy about how bad we are. Yes, we blew the game but shot 18% from 3 and 56% from the FT line. That right there should tell you the potential we have. Even tonight we still did not shoot great but we coasted to victory. If we can regain the touch from outside and Donovan can bottle up tonight more often, we will be just fine. Go Jazz!

Posted by JMBDog on Nov 17, 2018 | 11:03 PM

What potential? They still can't shoot? They still have a couple of their best players not even playing. THey still have Favors starting at PF. THey still have the worst starting pg and the worst backup pg in the league. They still have Snyder and Lindsey who made this mess in the first place.

Quote:
IMO the NBA needs to move the 3 point line back to where it is not the obvious shot. Basketball is much prettier when it includes shots from all over the floor. Sometimes the reliance on the 3 doesn’t even look like basketball.

Good game pretty much all around, let’s keep it going.

Posted by TheRealDennisLindsey on Nov 18, 2018 | 12:16 AM

Just get rid of it. It was a bad idea from the start
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM   #384
Xiao Yao You

Eric Woodyard: Indiana Pacers star Victor Oladipo is questionable vs. Utah with right knee soreness. – via Twitter E_Woodyard
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #385
Xiao Yao You

Jayson Tatum and Donovan Mitchell have a lot in common. They were lottery picks in the 2017 draft — Tatum third to the Celtics, Mitchell 13th to the Jazz — and they’ve been friends since taking part in high-level camps for high schoolers years before. And though it wasn’t what either of their teams wanted, both had their development as rookies aided by the absence of Gordon Hayward. … Mitchell averaged 20.5 points and should have been Rookie of the Year (Ben Simmons didn’t play in 2016-17, but he had a valuable year with the 76ers to get acclimated). Tatum averaged 16.3 points and started all year for a team that went to the conference finals. – via Boston Herald

“I think the biggest thing is I didn’t come in thinking that, ‘oh, it’s my time to shine’,” said Mitchell, before taking on the Celtics last night. “I don’t think that was anybody’s mindset when (Hayward) left. I just came in and kept working, and fortunately things rolled my way. But it could have easily went the other way — for myself and Jayson. We just had the opportunity, and we capitalized on it. That’s all it is, and I thank God for it. I know he does, as well. The NBA is all about opportunity, you know, guys getting that one shot. Both of us are products of that situation. But Gordon is getting back to being himself, and I’m excited about that, too. He’s a great player.” – via Boston Herald
Utah coach Quin Snyder doesn’t necessarily see Hayward’s departure as purely a Mitchell aid. And, of course, he’d rather have the two working together on the Jazz. “You could point to anybody on our team,” Snyder said. “You could point to Joe [Ingles]. Anytime there’s a need, it’s the mother of invention, right? Guys fill the need when that opportunity is there. That’s usually how it works. I don’t know if there’s any one player that benefited more or less, but we didn’t know that Donovan was going to surface the way he did. But any time it’s a player that’s as good as Gordon is, you know, we miss him — and we’re happy that he’s healthy.” – via Boston Herald
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: