Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stevie Wonder: Greatest Musician of All-Time?

Their is no doubt in my mind (or anyone's) that Steveland Judkins, better known to the world as Stevie Wonder is the greatest musician of All-Time.

He is one the the greatest pianist of all-time, classically trained in jazz music. He plays all the keyboard instruments including organ, clavinet, rhodes piano, harpsichord and synthesizers. While he is best know for his piano playing, he started out as mostly a harmonica, drums and bongo/conga player for Motown records (signed at age 12.)

By his late teens, he had added the guitar, bass and the talk box to his repertoire and their was no stopping him.

Besides being the greatest musician, he has a hell of a voice and was probably the artist of the decade (1970's)

Stevie Wonder drum solo

Stevie on the "talk box"

Stevie on the "harmonica"

Stevie on the Piano
    Last edited by L.Kizzle; 09-23-2007 at 05:43 PM.

That's Turr'ble

Default Re: Stevie Wonder: Greatest Musician of All-Time?

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Plus the fact he is blind, yes he's one of the best.[/FONT]

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

its hard to argue against him, all time might be a bit much. Maybe the century (last century)? certainly other people are technically proficient, but just having innate music talent and a feel for musical aesthetics? Hard to beat. Maybe me?

A Diamond In the Rough

In my opinion, Prince is the greatest musician/artist of all-time...

I agree with you. I love the clip of him playing the talk box that was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    In my opinion, Prince is the greatest musician/artist of all-time...
    Prince can see, Stevie can't. I'll give it to Prince Nelson as the greatest musician with sight, though.

A Diamond In the Rough

Prince can see, Stevie can't. I'll give it to Prince Nelson as the greatest musician with sight, though.
    Prince can play at least 10 instruments, can sing, can put on the show with the best of them...if Stevie Wonder wasn't blind, who do you think would be the better artist?

Are you just giving Stevie the nod because of his disability?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    Prince can play at least 10 instruments, can sing, can put on the show with the best of them...if Stevie Wonder wasn't blind, who do you think would be the better artist?

Are you just giving Stevie the nod because of his disability?
    It was actually stated on P's first record that he plays 27 instruments, but those include basically instruments in the same family (piano, keyboard, synth, organ, clavinet, ect). Hell, Stevie can probably play close to 20+ instruments if we counted like that, (though I did include different keyboard instruments on the first ost)

Prince may put on a better show but he has the advantage of working the stage, moving around the crowd, Stevie can't do that.

Stevie is the better artist, while blind, so who would be the better artist if Stevie wasn't blind, Stevie of course. Check out the greatness of LO releasewd between 1971 and 1976. Pure genius.

Retro is in

I'm a huge fan of black soul music. Currently I'm enjoying "TV on The Radio" and my favorite classics are Temptations and James Brown, but I need to listen to more Stevie Wonder. I like his music but need to purchase his albums. Thanks for the reminder.

shhhhhhh

beethoven was deaf and completly deaf by the time he wrote and conducted the 9th symphony... he wrote the individual music for all intstruments in the symphonies...
    he was fluent in the piano, organ and various other keyboards the violin and the fluted instruments
    he is one of the greatest musicians and composers to have ever lived...

i'll put stevie wonder there along side him though his works are not as complicated as beethovens they are more varied in styles and composition

A Diamond In the Rough

So we should hold it against Prince because Stevie can't put on a show because of his disability? Uhm Ok.

Stevie is the better artist, while blind, so who would be the better artist if Stevie wasn't blind, Stevie of course. Check out the greatness of LO releasewd between 1971 and 1976. Pure genius.
    Your opinion only, don't make it a fact...millions of people would consider Prince the better musician.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
    [FONT="Century Gothic"]Plus the fact he is blind, yes he's one of the best.[/FONT]
    You assume this is working against him, if anything it's probably an advantage... Let's just keep it out of the equation.

And Music is subjective... Top 100 muscians is just a popularity contest... Stevie is great, but there are other people that are absolutely amazing too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Being blind enhances his other sense most notably his ear for music.

NBA Superstar

There are many people who can play mutiple instruments.

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Sorry L. you're clearly mistaken.

My main man, Hurricane Chris tops out this list.

Second is the Pride of Queens AKA Randy Jackson and the Sexual Chocolate.
    "You caaan''t taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake awaaay mah dignityyyyyyyy!"

"That boy good.. he good!"

*dums gnawed chicken bone in money bin*