Thread: well fukk me

Default well fukk me

you learn something new everyday

A 1790 poem by George Tucker has a father upset with his bookish son say "I'd not give [a f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k] for all you've read". Originally printed as "I'd not give ------ for all you've read", scholars agree that the words "a ****" were removed, making the poem the first recorded instance of the now-common phrase "I don't give a [COLOR="Black"]fuc[/COLOR]k". In 1837, the first instance of the phrase "go f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k yourself" or its variants was recorded when a woman who told a group to "go **** themselves" was charged with the crime of obscenity.

Another common figurative use of f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k ("to cheat, victimize, or betray") was first recorded in 1866, when an unnamed court witness swore to hearing another man saying he would be "fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ed out of his money" by another man. Farmer and Henley's 1893 dictionary of slang notes both the adverbial and adjectival forms of [COLOR="Black"]fuc[/COLOR]k as similar to but "more violent" than bloody and indicating extreme insult, respectively.[11]

wikipedia is gold

Last edited by tomtucker; 11-28-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: well fukk me

George Tucker has a father upset with his bookish son say "I'd not give [a [COLOR="Black"]fuc[/COLOR]k] for all you've read"

grand dada ?