Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

Default LeBron's decision was a smart one.

He no longer has to carry 90% of the load. The role players on Miami are all better than the starters he started with on Cleveland. His goal is to win championships, so this was the smartest career move he could have made for himself. It's clear that's all he wants too, otherwise he wouldn't have left. I'm sure he knew he would be hated for switching teams, but to a man that just wants championships, that shit doesn't matter. I'm truly happy for the man now that a lot of it is said and done.

Also take note how every other superstar that traded to other teams didn't get half the shit he got for leaving. CP3 to play with that deep squad, Howard got some shit for going to LA.

he's just lucky he doesn't have to play the rockets cause we'd crush his dreams.

Default Re: LeBron's decision was a smart one.

It might have been the right decision. But he did it the wrong way.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Clearly it's easier to win a Championship with Wade and Bosh. But his success is not as meaningful as it would have been had he managed to do it in Cleveland. He's accomplished a great deal and I absolutely don't want to sound like I'm belittling winning Championships and MVPs no matter the team you do it for. But he himself is not the hometown hero in Miami like he was as a Cav. He wasn't just a ballplayer there, he was a pillar of the economy that people depended on, a symbol of hope for a state that wasn't just down in sports but in life. He will never be as socially and economically as significant as he could have been and to me that's the missed opportunity.

And just on the court, I prefer to see more competitive spirit in superstars. HE should have been looking to surpass Wade's ring count, not enhance it.

Certainly doesn't make him a bad guy and I'm not judging him as such I just feel like he could have been a lot more significant than he is/will be, even though he is and will be an all-time great.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    He no longer has to carry 90% of the load. The role players on Miami are all better than the starters he started with on Cleveland. His goal is to win championships, so this was the smartest career move he could have made for himself. It's clear that's all he wants too, otherwise he wouldn't have left. I'm sure he knew he would be hated for switching teams, but to a man that just wants championships, that shit doesn't matter. I'm truly happy for the man now that a lot of it is said and done.
    i dont think he had any idea of the vitriol that would come his way. no idea.

Funny, how getting role players to play for you is an easy task for him now. That shows how was Cavs' FO pathetic.

Banned

that remains to be seen

if he won a title and finals mvp in cleveland during a real season and not a lockout. it would be worth 50000000 times as much

i think he would have gotten atleast one there.... if he wins a few more in miamia and atleast one without wade... then itel be a good decision

Great, he won rings.

But I don't he will get any respect or appraise for it. This year they will win. So what? Ain't nobody's impressed.

Congrats Lebron, you sabotaged your own career. Have fun with those rings.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Clearly it's easier to win a Championship with Wade and Bosh. But his success is not as meaningful as it would have been had he managed to do it in Cleveland. He's accomplished a great deal and I absolutely don't want to sound like I'm belittling winning Championships and MVPs no matter the team you do it for. But he himself is not the hometown hero in Miami like he was as a Cav. He wasn't just a ballplayer there, he was a pillar of the economy that people depended on, a symbol of hope for a state that wasn't just down in sports but in life. He will never be as socially and economically as significant as he could have been and to me that's the missed opportunity.

And just on the court, I prefer to see more competitive spirit in superstars. HE should have been looking to surpass Wade's ring count, not enhance it.

Certainly doesn't make him a bad guy and I'm not judging him as such I just feel like he could have been a lot more significant than he is/will be, even though he is and will be an all-time great.
    great post

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

He's playing alongside 2 top 15 players in the league, 2 other all star starters. Not to mention the career leader in 3pters in Ray Allen along with superb role players in Battier & Chalmers.

This HEAT team is more stacked than any championship team in the past 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    He's playing alongside 2 top 15 players in the league, 2 other all star starters. Not to mention the career leader in 3pters in Ray Allen along with superb role players in Battier & Chalmers.

And their offense and defense are still entirely dependable on him.

For example Bosh/Wade (without James) combo is net negative. One would say that two top 15 players + 3 great role players would be able to be at least somehow positive.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

Why're you counting Bosh and Wade twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Disagree. Bird, Magic and MJ all won with stacked teams. Olajuwon and Dirk who won with much inferior supporting cast definitely isn't seen as great as these guys were.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

This is no longer a debate really. Miami had better talent, a better organization and simply a better city.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Funny, how getting role players to play for you is an easy task for him now. That shows how was Cavs' FO pathetic.

- reigning DPOY Ben Wallace?.....Shaq?.....Jamison?....

- when Cavs picked up Jamison ( allstar caliber player who played great against the Cavs in the playoffs).....everyone said it would put Cleveland over the top and easily make them Championship contenders..

- and it did!!!...they won 66 games and lost to the ECChampions in the ECFinals! in a close series.( lost 1 game by 1 point and another in OT)

- Cavs had a great team.....and were close to winning a title.....until Lebron left.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    Why're you counting Bosh and Wade twice?
    He meant Westbrook and Durant last year