Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The most "important" question known to man: Star Trek vs. Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Same.

Once you start to think more about Star Wars, you realize how ridiculous a lot of the stuff is. I realize it's fantasy but still, some of the stories told, locations, concepts have zero logic to them other than "they look cool". The force, the Sith, the Jedi "religion", etc all just gets more and more ridiculous when you give it some thought. The crappy prequel trilogy didn't do any favours for this either.

Now I prefer Star Trek which is more rooted in sci-fi rather than fantasy like Star Wars. Its themes are a bit more relevant and it's had some great acting performances throughout some of the TV series.

The original Star Wars trilogy is still the best here in terms of pure entertainment but to be honest, the entire Deep Space 9 series stacks up against anything Star Wars has to offer and exceeds it in depth and characterization. It was an incredible show.
    Even though I am not sure if this is a diss to Deep Space 9, I will applaud anyway.

Well of course a whole tv series can bring more depth and character driven story when compared to 8.5 hours of cinema. Deep Space 9 must be well over 100 hours.

Anyway, Star Wars all day every despite the fact that I love The Next Generation and Star Trek (2009) a lot.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Growing up it was always Star Wars > Star Trek. But now that I am older, I appreciate the original Star Trek more than I did (and always kind of liked ST:TNG) and the Star Wars Prequels and recut versions make me like that series less and less. With that said, they are now pretty equal for me but more versions of Star Wars or continued solid outputs of Star Trek movies could change that.
    I'm sure 3D star wars will come eventually.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Even though I am not sure if this is a diss to Deep Space 9, I will applaud anyway.
    It's not.

IMO, DS9 is the absolute best Star Trek has to offer. It kinda meandered for the first season and a half but then it found it's direction and separated itself from TNG by focusing more on religion, politics and war rather than pure exploration. It had some of the best acting and individual episodes of any Star Trek. Commander/Captain Sisko never gets his due but he was a great character.

You don't mess with this guy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Deep Space 9 is actually my favorite series from Star Trek. It was the most original of all the spin offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo

You don't mess with this guy.
    Yeah, otherwise he'll jack up your insurance rates.

Banned

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Gul Dukat was one of the best characters ever in the Star Trek universe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Yeah, otherwise he'll jack up your insurance rates.
    Not sure if you are joking, but that isn't the All-State guy. Though they are very reminiscent of each other.

The all state insurance guy was "Pedro Cerrano" from the movie Major League.

imo star trek. because i read a book and it was fiiiiiiiiiiiine

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Star Wars, although I thought the recent Star Trek movie was easily better than any of the Star Wars Prequels.

Definitely Star Wars for me. Outside of the latest Star Trek movie, I've always found Star Trek a bit boring.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    The all state insurance guy was "Pedro Cerrano" from the movie Major League.
    I wasn't totally sure but I went for. Maybe they're boys and he'd **** with your rates anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    "I find your lack of acting ability disturbing."