Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Has Obama administration really been a disaster?

Not really, unless you are a tax payer.

For everyone else, the answer is no.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I think he's been great, very underrated. The economy has -slowly- done better just about every year he was in office.

In my life time I'd rank him #2 behind Bill Clinton.

1. Bill
    2. Obama
    3. Reagan
    4. Bush Sr
    5. Bush Jr

Eight years ago people were saying George W. Bush was the worst president in American history and were convinced that he was a war criminal who was selling the country to the rich. They're peddling the same shit about Barack Obama now because it keeps the middle-class yelling and screaming at each other while the upper class keeps making runs to the bank.

Its all bullshit and pretty much par for the course.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

A vast improvement on the disastrous tenure of W but a little underwhelming all told. Albeit he was hamstrung by the insanely polarized and partisan society that we live in and a very unproductive and equally partisan legislature.

A great orator, a very sharp guy but also very divisive at times. His main flaws have been the absolute cluster---k that is the Middle East (to be fair look what he inherited), the deterioration in race relations (not exactly his fault but he has made some ill advised comments that have added fuel to the fire), the drone strike program and the fact that he never really delivered on his promise of "hope" and "change".

On the positive side he steadied the ship economically and he broke an important barrier by becoming the first black President which is an important milestone in this nations history.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Eight years ago people were saying George W. Bush was the worst president in American history and were convinced that he was a war criminal who was selling the country to the rich. They're peddling the same shit about Barack Obama now because it keeps the middle-class yelling and screaming at each other while the upper class keeps making runs to the bank.

Its all bullshit and pretty much par for the course.

The fact that people still don't understand this really boggles my mind. All the pro-Trump and pro-Hillary clowns that literally make 30 threads a day to yell at each other, you guys really think your patsy of a candidate is going to make a positive impact on your daily life? Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime

The fact that people still don't understand this really boggles my mind. All the pro-Trump and pro-Hillary clowns that literally make 30 threads a day to yell at each other, you guys really think your patsy of a candidate is going to make a positive impact on your daily life? Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Get government out of our lives...

That's all I'm asking.

Local High School Star

No. Not even close. Especially when comparing him to our last president.

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32
    Non-taxpayer... confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Get government out of our lives...

That's all I'm asking.
    In a perfect world this would work. However, the private sector in this country is (also) morally and financially corrupt that we need certain government regulations to keep things in check. But hey, land of the free and home of the brave and all that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    You couldn't type up a bigger list of bullshit if you tried: congratulations. What do you know about Christianity anyway? Based on this pile of garbage, I would assume very little.
    Oh, each of those points are all true. Of course, not all conservatives are like that but more than half are pure hypocrites and have beliefs that are nothing like Jesus or any saint.

Go on, point by point. This is what majority, which is more than 50%, of conservatives believe. I forgot about their often anti-science stances and wanting to teach creationism alongside evolution

"
    Lets talk about these hypocrites who we call conservatives.
    -Conservatives don't give a damn about conserving the environment
    -Conservatives have no issue with humans polluting the environment for energy and want to continue things as they are.. in fact, many want to drill more and do more coal mining. They complain when someone mentions expanding clean green renewable energy like solar power
    -they talk big about jesus and christianity, yet are against everything Jesus fought for including treating everyone like how you want to be treated and being against people of different faiths different from them and even are constantly bitching and moaning about LGBT community. Goes against everything jesus believed
    -they bit <h and moan every time someone poor gets access to food stamp or charity or something. They often may bit <h about the poor and minorities altogether
    -the biggest gun gungho folks are conservatives, crying nonstop about guns. Completely un-Christlike
    -they complain when Healthcare access expands to more people around the nation, yet have no issues with massive corporations and wall street and other scumbags not paying taxes and screwing rest of us in the name of greed. Why are conservatives defending the biggest scumbag greedy tax-evading corporations?
    "

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Replay32

Welfare recipient confirmed.

Banned

I like Obama. He has been a really good President. I don't like Hillary one bit.

I miss the good old days when the argument was that Obama was going to turn this nation into a Muslim nation. So a lot of people have an irrational hate for him.

National High School Star

No presidency has affected me much anyhow, so I really don't give a shit

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

No one would remember Obama if he wasn't Black. He was okay, a generally abysmal record in all things that actually matter but no one pays attention to. Pretty good on social issues. Improved our standing in the world despite what tin foil hatters say.

I don't understand blaming him for partisanship...blame the worst congress we have EVER had.

I don't understand blaming him for race relations, makes absolutely no sense. He doesn't speak for black people any more than a white president speaks for white people.

Blame him for his appalling drone and cyber warfare.