Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

Default Are we ever going to win again?

We have a 4 game road trip followed by a game vs cleveland. This means we can go 10 losses in a row and solidify missing the playoffs. This is GODDAMN BS! WHY THE HELL CAN"T THE BULLS DO SOMETHING INSTEAD OF PICKING UP PLAYERS LIKE PARGO AND RICHARD? AND OF COURSE, WE WON'T PICK UP A DECENT FREE AGENT IN THE SUMMER. QUIT BEING SO OPTIMISTIC THIS TEAM WILL GO THE WAY OF THE DAMN CUBS AND NEVER EVER WIN IT ALL AGAIN. STORY OF THE BULLS FRONT OFFICE. THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Default Re: Are we ever going to win again?

I know its frustrating. But what are the Bulls supposed to do? Hire a team of psychics to determine that players are going to get injured? Thats part of the game, and there isn't squat we can do about it.

Richards is a D-League scrub, but he sure as hell is playing hard as hell. No need to bash him. He fouls hard hussles the way we need him to. He is not in NBA shape, but he is certainly pushing his limits.

Pargo was flat out shit for us, but in the last month, he has turned his game up a few notches. His recent play has NOT been why the Bulls have been losing(something I never thought I would say about P-Jams).

I'm going to be optimistic, do you know why? This tough stretch has been a major test to these young players, and in each loss, we find improvements in this team, light fires under players asses, and make things interesting. At this point, what doesn't kill us, WILL make us stronger. So what if we lose most of our games and miss the playoffs. Is this our year to win the title or something? F*** no, we have a ways to go. What matters is that these guys don't give up. If you don't like it, quit being a bandwagon Bulls fan.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

I agree with both assessments (Pargo, Richard) those two put everything they have into the game. I was pissed at Pargo earlier this year but he has been playing pretty good lately. As for Chris he may not be the most talented but he gives everything and leaves it on the floor. I don't mind if he can't score as long as he plays hard.

Yes we will win again and probably go on some crazy winning streak. That's how this season has gone.

I wonder how this season would have gone without all the injuries. We have had people miss games for everything under the sun. From the flu to broken arm lifting weights. Its been a crazy season.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Go Getter
Wild 100's

We miss Tyrus and Noah on the defensive end. That's the reason for the skid in a nutshell.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
VishaltotheG
Good college starter

I'm no bandwagon bulls fan but I am frustrated with how this season, as well as the last 12, have been playing out. We haven't had a 50 win season in that time, haven't made it to the conference finals, only made conference semis once and lost easily. In that time there were also rumors of getting free agents like Kobe and KG similar to the rumors now and guess what? Nothing happened. Why should I believe anything different will happen this offseason? Why not be like the Bears and actually do something? They sucked last season but at least they tried to improve by getting Cutler. And they're still trying to improve by getting the best FA available in Peppers. That's all I want from the Bulls. At least try to get good players instead of "hustle" players. Rose and Noah need more good players around them to be effective.
VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Just hang in there. 30 teams in the league. If things were magically fair, we would have to wait 30 years for each title LOL.

And I'm crossing my fingers about Peppers. Hes been declining, and I hope we didnt pull a Redskins move LOL. Sucks that we dont have any draft picks, but thats okay, in the NFL, you never know who's going to step up, and you can score great players in the 7th round.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #7
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

The Bulls may win someday. Who knows.

P.S. Everytime Pargo is out there, I cringe. He takes the worst shots ever.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
Philw
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I think we have to get something from the Heat/Grizzlies games. Those teams aren't too far ahead of us, standings wise, and with Miller in the starting line up and playing significant minutes we are much better offensively, as we showed against Utah, although obviously worse off defensively/rebounding.

I think VDN should monitor Miller's minutes carefully against Orlando. Although we don't have to travel much between games it's still a back-to-back, so if we're not competitive late on against Orl then get him some rest for the next night.

If we can get a result against those 2, then get a result against Phily, we'll be 3-3 over the next 6, which together with beating Miami would keep us in contention for 8th thru the toughest part of our remaining schedule.

After that we could go 3-1 thru Hou-Det games, and .500 the rest of the way.
Philw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #9
Rose
Hero in a half shell

This reminds of something/someone...
it's a dark day in chicago...
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

i agree its frustrating. but according to some of us we ha have to look at the "big picture". forget the fact that the bulls have been trying this formula for over 12 years now. i just really cant excuse them even with the injury. theyve had toomany chances to get it right. and have failed.

and to me the saddest thing isnt the ineptitude. its the fact that alot of fans seem content with a 42-40 record and bowing out in the first round as long as we are competitive.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
The Bulls may win someday. Who knows.

P.S. Everytime Pargo is out there, I cringe. He takes the worst shots ever.

Not unless they get rid of this clipper mentality of "oh it's ok to lose now and maybe we get a lottery pick again"
Maybe it's the oh that Knee or ankle really hurts now esp when I see Noah sitting pretty on the bench.
or lets lose now and throw our coach under the bus mode, he is the one to blame anyway belief.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

You take away Rose, Noah and Deng and this team just sucks. The rest of the team played really hard but they're missing their 3 best players.

It just sucks that all these injuries had to happen now after they went on that really nice run after the All-Star break.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #13
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Not unless they get rid of this clipper mentality of "oh it's ok to lose now and maybe we get a lottery pick again"

Just out of curiosity. What did the Bulls do, to give you the impression of having Clippers mentality?

You must not live in Chicago, because all of the radio interviews with players and local sports broadcasts talking about the situation have coaches and players beating themselves up over every loss. Even with our best players out, this team pushes to come back when they are down, and they fight to win these games. The flurry of technicals from players that never get them should also be an indicator.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: