Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year
 
04mzwach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,317
04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default The New T-wolves

As the NBA 07-08 season starts; what can we expect from the T-wolves? I don't know if anybody can make a reasonable prediction. But if you could, give any input on what we can expect from players and the team overall. Will we make the playoffs? Will we be the worst team in the entire NBA? What do you think? Will Foye or Jefferson be an All-star? Will this be Telfair's break-out season? You tell me.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 08-20-2007 at 11:29 PM.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #2
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,484
elz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The New T-wolves

I say 30wins maybe a few more maybe
but it would not be a shock if yall were an 8 seed
yall got tons of young talent
you'll start off slow and finish strong
too many variables
whose gonna start who and how much playing time will each person recieve.
Whose the go to players. Yall are huge on Foye but
Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes are a lot better than you know.
I expect Ryan Gomes to start or play heavy minutes!
and Im certain once training camp starts the coaches are gonna be amazed at Gerald. He's still raw but the sky is truely the limit just play him and watch the kid can flat out score.
Plus all those ex Celtics are gonna have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. In 2 yrs you could easily be the next up and coming team if everything pans out.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:28 AM   #3
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,349
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The New T-wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
I say 30wins maybe a few more maybe
but it would not be a shock if yall were an 8 seed
yall got tons of young talent
you'll start off slow and finish strong
too many variables
whose gonna start who and how much playing time will each person recieve.
Whose the go to players. Yall are huge on Foye but
Gerald Green and Ryan Gomes are a lot better than you know.
I expect Ryan Gomes to start or play heavy minutes!
and Im certain once training camp starts the coaches are gonna be amazed at Gerald. He's still raw but the sky is truely the limit just play him and watch the kid can flat out score.
Plus all those ex Celtics are gonna have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove. In 2 yrs you could easily be the next up and coming team if everything pans out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm big fans of Gomes and Jefferson, but pairing them together in a starting frontcourt just sounds like such a defensive liability with their size. Jefferson's 6'10 and Gomes is a generous 6'8

My starting lineup

PG: Rand Foye
SG: Corey Brewer
SF: Ricky Davis
PF: Al Jefferson
C: Mark Madsen (big season out of Mad Dog this year!!)
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
veilside23
alternick = loser :D
 
veilside23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: P.I.
Posts: 3,666
veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: The New T-wolves

blount will start
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,093
idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The New T-wolves

What do you think the future lineup will be?

This is future lineup I see. Ricky Davis will be an unrestricted free agent this season and it's highly doubtful that he will want to be part of the rebuilding in Minny and want to go to a contending team.

PG-Telfair 6'0 (I hear his jumpshot has improve and he could be a good PG in the league as long as he stay out of trouble.)

SG-Foye 6'4 (Dude can ball no doubt.)

SF-Brewer 6'9 (His offensive game will come in time, but he wil be a good lock down defender.)

PF-Gomes 6'7 ( He shown he can go hard with the bigger forwards in the league with Boston last year and could be the next Elton Brand.)

C-Jefferson 6'10 (The best next big man of the future.)
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,126
JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The New T-wolves

Quote:
PF-Gomes 6'7 ( He shown he can go hard with the bigger forwards in the league with Boston last year and could be the next Elton Brand.)
Gomes will surprise some people with how good he is but calling him the next Elton Brand is a bit much.

Big Al on the other hand....
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #7
littlespyda
Decent playground baller
 
littlespyda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the usa
Posts: 300
littlespyda has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The New T-wolves

My starters:

PG: Randy Foye 30-35 minutes a game(at the point)
SG: Gerald Green SICK expect 20 dub-dubs this season
SF: Ricky Davis he will get about 15-18ppg
PF: Jefferson or Gomes
C: If Jefferson is not PF, he's here he could get 20 and 10 and in 2 or 3 years he will be just as good as KG.

Expect 41-50 wins and in 2 years they will be one of the best teams in the L.

Randy could have a Deron Williams type breakout season, he could get 20-5-5

Gerald needs to be more consistent, he needs to get 12 and 5 EVERY night instead of 20-10 and then 5 and 3 the next night.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #8
idizzle
Good college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,093
idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The New T-wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
What do you think the future lineup will be?

This is future lineup I see. Ricky Davis will be an unrestricted free agent this season and it's highly doubtful that he will want to be part of the rebuilding in Minny and want to go to a contending team.

PG-Telfair 6'0 (I hear his jumpshot has improve and he could be a good PG in the league as long as he stay out of trouble.)

SG-Foye 6'4 (Dude can ball no doubt.)

SF-Brewer 6'9 (His offensive game will come in time, but he wil be a good lock down defender.)

PF-Gomes 6'7 ( He shown he can go hard with the bigger forwards in the league with Boston last year and could be the next Elton Brand.)

C-Jefferson 6'10 (The best next big man of the future.)

Here is another lineup I have.

PG- Foye
SG- Green
SF- Brewer
PF- Gomes
C- Jefferson

I remind you this is the future lineup and Ricky Davis is a free agent and that he will probably not be part of the rebuilding in Minny.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:15 AM   #9
ebonics
Lord give me a sign
 
ebonics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Prison, Tx
Posts: 135
ebonics has not been impressing people
Default Re: The New T-wolves

i think gerald green will have a break out season this year.
ebonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:11 AM   #10
JasNuggetsFan73
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
JasNuggetsFan73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 17
JasNuggetsFan73 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The New T-wolves

i wanna c gerald green get heavy minutes!
i love that guy he will be nuts with time.
you t'wolves fans r in for something in the near future with all ya young talent.
i dnt think ya missed out on sumthin with the KG trade.
i think u guys got the better of the celtics on this one.
JasNuggetsFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
marny_navis
Banned
 
marny_navis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,963
marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: The New T-wolves

Nice season for Jeff, maybe 18 ppg, 11 rpg. Foye will do well and Gomes will do well. Everyone else is iffy. Green might break out, Bassy apparently is getting his act together, and Minny has no one at center. I'd say 30-something wins if some of them live up to potential. If they are mainly scummy, then possibly 20-something wins and a strong bid for O.J. Mayo.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy