Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Many women are now refusing to change their name after marriage:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/91995...=huffpostwomen

Can you imagine being a man and having to explain to your friends and family that your wife refuses to change her name to yours to start a family? It's like she's refusing to actually fully embrace you or your family

What do you guys think? Let's say you are about to pop the question to the woman of your dreams, she says yes. But she claims she will never change her name to yours and that you just need to deal with it.... what do you do?

Default Re: Many women are now refusing to change their name after marriage:

I would beat the f*ck out of her if she ever came at me with that bullshit.

I wouldn't be all that bothered by it. My first reaction would be asking about naming our kids.

Banned

Feminism. The whole movement wreaks of desperate insecurity.

My mom kept her maiden name. It happens a lot in places outside the U.S.

Banned

I can top this.

I once knew a man that changed his last name to the wife. His oldest one happens to be gay too.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA
    My mom kept her maiden name. It happens a lot in places outside the U.S.

By the way I found this article and am bringing it to ISH attention because I saw it posted to my facebook feed with an "Amen!". One of my HS classmates just got married, and is bragging about not changing her name. "I just really like my name, everyone does! And I did not want to hyphenate." (IE she did not even want to compromise with a (Maiden name-married name combo). Husband basically got totally denied.

Banned

Who gets married these days

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    By the way I found this article and am bringing it to ISH attention because I saw it posted to my facebook feed with an "Amen!". One of my HS classmates just got married, and is bragging about not changing her name. "I just really like my name, everyone does! And I did not want to hyphenate." (IE she did not even want to compromise)
    The fact that she is making a big deal out of the ordeal is insulting to her husband, makes him look like a bitch.

Isn't the divorce rate like 40%???

If you are on a Roller coaster ...and someone tells you......" 4 outta 10 times this roller coaster crashes and you die!"....

does it matter what your last name is??...

Banned

We give women power and instead of furthering themselves in important sectors like Science and Technology, they're busy blogging about social injustices and doing shit like this

Bottom line; this is a man built world and we'd still be in the caveman ages if women were driving

seems like a non-issue to me

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

http://www.bustle.com/articles/91995...=huffpostwomen

Can you imagine being a man and having to explain to your friends and family that your wife refuses to change her name to yours to start a family? It's like she's refusing to actually fully embrace you or your family

What do you guys think? Let's say you are about to pop the question to the woman of your dreams, she says yes. But she claims she will never change her name to yours and that you just need to deal with it.... what do you do?

I've got no problem with a woman wanting to keep her last name.

But, I wouldn't marry a woman who wanted to keep her last name.

I know my current girlfriend (and soon to be fiance) wants to take my last name, so its all good. If she didn't though... Eff you.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    We give women power and instead of furthering themselves in important sectors like Science and Technology, they're busy blogging about social injustices and doing shit like this

Bottom line; this is a man built world and we'd still be in the caveman ages if women were driving
    This.

Women have too much power and thats the reason why western society will collapse.