Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default do you know any straight white men with AIDS or HIV?

Was talking about this with a buddy when we were talking about condoms..."watch out you're gonna get AIDS" was said at some point

Then I wondered...who the f*ck has AIDS?...I don't know a single white guy on the planet with it that isn't gay...all that fear they put in us in the 80s...WHERE IS IT!!!???...I thought I would have several friends with HIV by the year 2010

anyway...

http://www.aliveandwell.org/html/ris..._happened.html

^^^ found this article about the subject...only 6% of males with HIV are straight...and I am betting most of that 6% are black, and then maybe the small % that are white contract sharing a needle or something...(just a guess)

I am not saying don't wear condoms btw...herpes has no cure, and you don't need a baby...I am just saying if you are a straight white male...you probably never have to worry about HIV...

Default Re: do you know any straight white men with AIDS or HIV?

My "step"-Grandma (not really related to me).. her second husband had AIDS and gave it to her. He got it from doing heroin and sharing needles.

That's the only white guy I've ever known of who had AIDS. I never really knew him either.. I was about 6 years old when they both died from the disease.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-
    Was talking about this with a buddy when we were talking about condoms..."watch out you're gonna get AIDS" was said at some point

Then I wondered...who the f*ck has AIDS?...I don't know a single white guy on the planet with it that isn't gay...all that fear they put in us in the 80s...WHERE IS IT!!!???...I thought I would have several friends with HIV by the year 2010

anyway...

^^^ found this article about the subject...only 6% of males with HIV are straight...and I am betting most of that 6% are black, and then maybe the small % that are white contract sharing a needle or something...(just a guess)

I am not saying don't wear condoms btw...herpes has no cure, and you don't need a baby...I am just saying if you are a straight white male...you probably never have to worry about HIV...

The dirty little secret is that it is homosexuals and IV drug users that really spread the disease.

I cannot speak for Africa, but I know a lot of sexually active hetero white men in places like Thailand and have never heard of anyone of them being HIV positive, and no one they know is HIV positive either (I've asked them the same question). And it is not a matter of denial as most countries wont give a work visa to a foreigner until they pass a health check.

I think it is very hard to get HIV through v@ginal sex, and it is much easier to get it through @nal sex (the colon is very absorbent and the chance for bleeding and tearing is much higher), and obvious sharing needles puts you at huge risk.

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-

anyway...

the more and more I read your posts man....
    Last edited by Go Getter; 07-23-2011 at 09:16 AM.

rank sentamentalist

here's some stats for you

the categories seem strange. gay sex, needles sharing, gay sex AND needles sharing, straight sex, blood transfusions and other stuff like that. apparently there's a significant number of homos sharing needles. but yeah, the numbers back up what you said. almost half of new aids cases are found in gay men. none found in gay women, or at least none reported. 680,000 cases in total for the US, a fifth of a percent of the population. it's significant but it's not exactly raging.

i've never met anybody with aids in Canada. then again, i haven't been around for that long.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Threads like this one..

Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
    Threads like this one..

Good High School Starter

What a stupid thread. Only black people have AIDS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    What a stupid thread. Only black people have AIDS
    L L

I know a dude who has HIV. He used to be ballin' out of control, living in Los Angeles, wining and dining with the rich and famous... Then he contracted this disease. It's rumored he slept with several different women all the time, bringing them into jacuzzis & spas, etc.
    I was disappointed with him. He was a role model to me as a child. Now he's still rich as fukk, but he's not the same person he used to be.

NBA Superstar

I've never personally known someone with AIDS or HIV.

I'd say I'm thankful for AIDS awareness, as I'd like to think it at least played a small role in preventing it from becoming even more widespread than it already is. It's interesting, when people try to be proactive (and hence actually help prevent something bad) there are often people who seem upset or disappointed that the bad thing didn't come to fruition. I'm not aiming that at the original poster, just something I've noticed before. The "What? What do you mean there was no terrorist attack?!" crowd.

There is so much misinformation about HIV/AIDS.

But these misinformation actually help prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.

So it's all good.

We live happily ever after.

The end.

if you count meeting people at a hospice for a new story as knowing them then yes, i do, or did rather know some.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    There is so much misinformation about HIV/AIDS.

But these misinformation actually help prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS.

So it's all good.

We live happily ever after.

The end.
    This. All educated people know its very hard for a man to get hiv by vagin*l sex. If all people knew this, they would not use condoms. Because they would be to dumb to realize that there's a small chance and it's not worth the risk.

My friend is a doctor who works in this area. And he told me in the full year he has been in the area (he is young), he still has not seen a straight man with HIV. Only gay and women. Because the passive role in an*l sex is the most dangerous of all types of sex in terms of getting HIV.
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 07-23-2011 at 01:16 PM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    This. All educated people know its very hard for a man to get hiv by vagin*l sex. If all people knew this, they would not use condoms. Because they would be to dumb to realize that there's a small chance and it's not worth the risk.

My friend is a doctor who works in this area. And he told me in the full year he has been in the area (he is young), he still has not seen a straight man with HIV. Only gay and women. Because the passive role in an*l sex is the most dangerous of all types of sex in terms of getting HIV.
    so, who do the women get it from? there is a missing piece of your logic there. but yes, in general, HIV rates are much lower among non-needle using straight men (as well as women generally - less than 1 in 4 HIV cases is female).

But, of the 500k people in the US diagnosed with HIV, nearly 1 in 10 (42k) are men who contracted it through heterosexual contact.

So, regardless if the risk is lower, you are a dumbass if you are rawdogging skanks.