Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 01-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Rondo's improvement

Yes, I know I am a laker fan. I hope I am welcome in this discussion.

I've been watching a lot of celtics in my free preview of NBALP. I can't help but notice that Rondo plays a very poised style of basketball, at the same time is aggressive, can score from many places, and really looks to make the pass first before looking to score. There had been debate a few seasons ago where people would ask who is better, Rondo or Paul.

Do you guys think Rondo is a top 3 point guard in the league? Is he a superstar caliber player?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rondo's improvement

Everyone's welcome as long as they aren't trolls.

I think Rondo is top-5 with Paul, Williams, and Rose (and whoever #5 is). He may not be the scorer they are but I'd wager he's as good a facilitator as anyone. I can tell you that the Celtics would struggle to generate offense without him. That's why speculative Rondo trades get the thumbs down from Celtics fans (unless they are bringing back another top point guard in return).

"Superstar" is a stretch but he has gotten better every year, he's closing in.

Last edited by JohnnySic : 01-04-2012 at 09:08 AM.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've voted Rondo for the East team in the ASG over Rose and D-Will
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
ballerz
Local High School Star

ballerz has an OK reputation so far

Obviously i'm abit biased but i think he is. At the start of this season he has shown he can put up scoring numbers and when he is doing that he is a good as any point guard in league
ballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Marquis Daniels
MY BOSS IS A *****

Marquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected posterMarquis Daniels is a pretty well-respected poster

I definitely think a couple of point guards are ahead of him in being a 'superstar-calibier' status, namely D-Rose, CP3 and Deron Williams. What really irates me is that he does not give in his best at times, notably the New Orleans game few days ago. A motivated Rondo has so much more to offer to the Celtics, being aggressive, making hustle plays etc. Motivated Rondo on a consistent basis? Top 3 for me. Right now? Definitely not.
Marquis Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im gonna say that he's the best half court point guard.

Point guards nowadays have the same style where they dribble between the legs, run and score as much easy points as possible.

Rondo has a unique style. He's not all about the fancy dribbles or the awkward shots. He plays everything simple, and gets the job done in a simple way. He creates a bunch of opportunities out of nothing in a half court offense. Thats why I consider him to be one of the best if not the best. He's old school.

Sorry about the late response by the way lol completely forgotten I had posted in here.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I've voted Rondo for the East team in the ASG over Rose and D-Will
I shall too.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
ballup
Fool Disguised Genius

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rondo has been a mystery for his whole career. At times, he isn't aggressive and he'll end up looking like he's being carried by the team. Other times, he brings a triple double on you.

He isn't a superstar yet, but if he can light it up more frequently while doing what he does best, there's no doubt he's a superstar. He is improving his personal offense slowly. His midrange is close to being solid and he he shown bits of a possible post game.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

He's unarguably a top 5 PG.

I just wish we could see him more on the break and in an uptempo style. The Celtics would love to play more like that, but they just don't have the personnel right now!
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
sirkeelma
Local High School Star

sirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this boardsirkeelma is popular on this board

Sorry guys but he isn't a Top 5 PG right now.. Probably Top 6

In no particular order
Rose
Paul
Westbrook
Nash
Williams
sirkeelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

id only pick rose williams and paul over rondo........
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: