Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-14-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Trade Idea: I think this can make us contenders

If we do trade for JO and still have to trade Kobe, I say we leave Deng out of the deal and put Hinrich in instead.....Here is my proposed deal

Lakers trade Kobe to Chicago

Chicago trades Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Ben Wallace, #9 pick to the lakers.

We use the pick to draft a good small forward like Corey Brewer.

Starters:

Hinrich G
Thomas G
Brewer F
O'Neal F
Wallace C

Bench:

Bynum
Farmar
Evans
Vlad Rad
Walton
Turiaf
Mihm

that right there looks like a very good, young, defensive minded team.

I think with the teaming up of JO, Hinrich, and Thomas, that gives us a big scoring threat and with JO and Wallace down low we will dominate the boards and the paint.

What do yall think?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: Trade Idea: I think this can make us contenders

When did thomas became a guard? I also believe Wallace and Hinrich has huge contract so you need to throw in another player.

Bynum will most likely be gone in the indiana trade. Indiana wont give JO just for Odom and kwame and pick
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
it Must Be Magic
I airball my layups

it Must Be Magic has an OK reputation so far

I would surely keep Deng. Kirk is an excellent point, but Deng would be the man. i loved his play in the playoffs. He elevated his play in the playoffs. If...... and I do mean if........ Kobe is traded, Chicago would be the first and last that I call. They have the best young squad and I would try to snatch damn near every last one of there starters for Kobe. If...... Kobe is traded.
it Must Be Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Hinrich needs better backcourt support than Thomas!
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
lakers4life
I airball my layups

lakers4life has an OK reputation so far

i just cant bring myself to accept a trade for kobe but a deal like that is pretty much the best itsgoing to get. only problem is the numbers dont match up. wallace is making 16 mil a season and hinrichs extension kicks is this coming season at 11 mil per year plus another 3.5 for thomas. we would have to include brown or odom to make the deal work which would put an end to us getting JO.
lakers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

Chicago trades Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Ben Wallace, #9 pick to the lakers.

We use the pick to draft a good small forward like Corey Brewer.

I think the Lakers will make that JO trade. But it will probably be Lamar Odom/Brown for JO/Tinsley/Their Pick. Odom gives them a versatile player that might be more likely to attack on another team, and Brown a good expiring contract. The Lakers get O'Neil, the low-post threat we need, and Tinsley for contract equality and another PG to compete and a pick. It might not be the best trade, but its probably the most realistic.

A trade with Chicago would be difficult. Chicago isn't going to want to give up Thomas, Gordon, or Deng. They are too good and important to the nucleus of the team. So that leaves the Lakers looking at some combination of Hinrich, Duhon, Wallace, #9 pick, and Nocioni.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:24 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
trade with Chicago would be difficult. Chicago isn't going to want to give up Thomas, Gordon, or Deng. They are too good and important to the nucleus of the team. So that leaves the Lakers looking at some combination of Hinrich, Duhon, Wallace, #9 pick, and Nocioni.
lol it's kobe effing bryant buddy you have a chance to pick up arguably the best player in the game and you think they wouldn't give up gordon or deng?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol it's kobe effing bryant buddy you have a chance to pick up arguably the best player in the game and you think they wouldn't give up gordon or deng?

yes they would.. the financial aspects alone would make it a good move, regardless of the team record.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #9
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
yes they would.. the financial aspects alone would make it a good move, regardless of the team record.

yeah i know and i'm not even talking about the financial aspects, i'm saying that kobes talent alone far outweighs that of gordon and deng... i'm chicago i pull that trigger before the lakers come to their senses.. and if i'm chi town i do everything i can to keep hinrich, i'd like him to work with kobe that would make a nice little back court

Last edited by gts : 06-14-2007 at 10:32 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #10
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

Don't get me wrong, I 100% agree that Kobe is the best player in the world. Maybe I was wrong to protect Gordon instead of Hinrich now that I think about it. Gordon as a SG is more tradable than Hinrich, but Deng is too versatile for the Bulls to include in that trade IMO. Gordon + Deng would be a bad trade if your Chicago.

Edit: Also, Chicago has the same problem that the Lakers currently have. A SERIOUS lack of low-post presence.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:22 AM   #11
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

With that trade, bulls will have

Duhon
Kobe\Thabo
Deng
Noce\khryapa
Brown
+ 2 2nd rounders

why would the bulls think they can win with that line-up? they done even have a legit center and a lowpost player

I think the bulls will not consider trading deng + gordon at the same time. they wont trade wallace either.

Kirk + gordon + Noce for Kobe. maybe they'll consider this one.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #12
Erathia
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
Kirk + gordon + Noce for Kobe. maybe they'll consider this one.

If Chicago makes that trade the line-up would be:

Duhon/???
Bryant/Griffin
Deng/???
Brown/Thomas
Wallace/Allen

I hear that Chicago is more interested in trading for Pau Gasol. But ever there they don't want to include Deng and Gordon. They are offering Gordon + Thomas + #9 pick
Old 06-15-2007, 10:43 AM   #13
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erathia

I hear that Chicago is more interested in trading for Pau Gasol. But ever there they don't want to include Deng and Gordon. They are offering Gordon + Thomas + #9 pick

If that is true, Memphis should strongly consider that deal. Draft Hawes with the #9. Draft Conroy Jr with #5.

Gordon (conroy)
Warrick
Gay
Ty Thomas
Hawes

Excellent core for the future.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: